[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Horse Racing

justin

With the Kentucky Derby only a few weeks away, I figured that I'd start to get into thus years three year-olds. I'm pretty much a racing fan when it comes to the big TC and BC races, but that's about it. Will tune in this weekend and next for some of the Kent Derby prep races. The three big races this weekend appear to be:

Santa Anita - The Pamplemousse and Pioneerofthe Nile appear to be the favorites;

Wood Memorial - I Wan't Revenge leading the odds; and

Illinois Derby - seems to be more wide open then the other two, but maybe with Musket Man to go off as the favorite

Also, it looks like the Florida Derby last week had some good horses in Quality Road and Dunkirk last week.

Any other pony fans with some insight for this weekends races?

With the Kentucky Derby only a few weeks away, I figured that I'd start to get into thus years three year-olds. I'm pretty much a racing fan when it comes to the big TC and BC races, but that's about it. Will tune in this weekend and next for some of the Kent Derby prep races. The three big races this weekend appear to be:

Santa Anita - The Pamplemousse and Pioneerofthe Nile appear to be the favorites;

Wood Memorial - I Wan't Revenge leading the odds; and

Illinois Derby - seems to be more wide open then the other two, but maybe with Musket Man to go off as the favorite

Also, it looks like the Florida Derby last week had some good horses in Quality Road and Dunkirk last week.

Any other pony fans with some insight for this weekends races?

sorta like starting to pay attention to football around week 12-13

I think Mr. Hot Stuff may be worth a look at a decent price. The race seems loaded with speed for him to run at.

The pp's can be viewed free here- http://www.drf.com/formulator-web/free-rac...formance-race/6

Thanks. I could get the Wood Mem too.

sorta like starting to pay attention to football around week 12-13

Yeah, I usually just watch the three triple crown races, but figured I'd get a jump on things by watching some of the races this weekend and next. Plus I just re-read Seabisuit on a recent vacation........

Thanks. I could get the Wood Mem too.

Yeah, I usually just watch the three triple crown races, but figured I'd get a jump on things by watching some of the races this weekend and next. Plus I just re-read Seabisuit on a recent vacation........

my top three: Quality Road, Fresian Fire and Dunkirk as of now

and if the Dreby is amuddy/sloppy track don't even think about it unload on the Fire.

Edited by SLAYER

Friesan Fire was very high on my list, but if he's just training up to the Derby now, I hate that move.

Today you saw three legit colts win their races.

Mr. Hot Stuff got the shaft with The Pamplemousse scratching. It was a paceless race, and he still finished strong.

I Want Revenge proved he is a serious horse.

The IL Derby was a cut below the rest, but the winner has a shot.

If Old Fashioned runs well next week in the Arky, he'll be my pick.

Friesan Fire was very high on my list, but if he's just training up to the Derby now, I hate that move

How do you call winning three prep derby races, training up to the Derby now.

How do you call winning three prep derby races, training up to the Derby now.

Not a good move to skip the last prep. Was it in the plan he drew up several months ago? I think not.

Any change in the plan is bad. Training up to the Derby and not running a final prep is a major flag in my book. Major flag.

If the big prize was the LA Derby, fine, but it wasn't. It's the fist Saturday in May and getting fit is one thing, getting in race shape is all together different. FF was a top 3 in my books, but not any longer.

On a side note, the trainer for I Want Revenge may be in a heap of trouble. One of his grooms was caught milkshaking at Aqeuduct yesterday...the story should be coming out soon.