[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 2009 Baseball Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillies off to a rough start...It took them 4 games to get out of the 1st inning without letting up at least 2 runs....but still ended up giving up 10 runs after hamels got lit up in his 1st start of the year...

Hamels is the key to the phillies making another post season run this year. He has got to get his fastball up into the 90's to make his change up more effective or he's not gonna be the same pitcher. As a phillies fan i am definatley concerned but still hopeful that maybe after a couple starts he'll start to get his velocity up and locate his pitches better.

P.S. Dear Brett Myers: :wacko: Please try not to give up 3 long balls tonight. Thank you.

Phillies off to a rough start...It took them 4 games to get out of the 1st inning without letting up at least 2 runs....but still ended up giving up 10 runs after hamels got lit up in his 1st start of the year...

Hamels is the key to the phillies making another post season run this year. He has got to get his fastball up into the 90's to make his change up more effective or he's not gonna be the same pitcher. As a phillies fan i am definatley concerned but still hopeful that maybe after a couple starts he'll start to get his velocity up and locate his pitches better.

P.S. Dear Brett Myers: :wacko: Please try not to give up 3 long balls tonight. Thank you.

Brett Myers gave up 3 homeruns but managed to get the win.....::sigh::

Nice comeback win against the Yankees today. Meche pitched a great game until the 7th, but the Royals bullpen once again shut things down.

A pretty ugly game by both teams though. A rainy, nasty day.

On a side note: Joba was cruising until the rain started and the mound got heavy. Seems like he was rattled a bit, much like the game a few years ago when the gnats were swirling in Cleveland. I'm starting to wonder if he can get out of sorts when things don't quite go his way.

Interesting to watch this year.

I know its early but marlins 8-1 ? nationals(sweep) mets(2-1) braves(sweep)

Heck of a young ball club....I just looked at there roster and every single starter(including pitchers) was born in the 80's.....

So much for all the phillies,braves,mets talk on who's gonna win the division...if they keep playing the way they are there then they might just be the team to beat....I wish i saw the odds on them at the beginning of the season....

Starting rotation for the Giants since Friday has given up 2 earned runs in 35 innings pitched. :wacko: In their last trip through the rotation, Lincecum, Sanchez, Johnson, and Zito all pitched 6+ innings of shutout ball, while Cain gave up the two runs in 6 innings of work yesterday for the win. If they could actually score some runs, they might be able to contend in the NL West. Unfortunately for their pitching staff, I see them losing a lot of 2-1, 3-2, or 1-0 games this year.

Meanwhile, my Twins could use some of that pitching... their staff has been very unimpressive, to put it lightly, besides Nathan being his usual self and Perkins being somewhat of a nice surprise through three starts (all 8 innings each). They're only a game out at the moment, but if the bullpen, which has been one of their strengths for years, doesn't get things turned around, it's going to be a long season.

Zack Greinke pitched another absolute gem tonight. It didn't hurt that the Tigers got royally screwed by the schedule makers. The Tigers didn't even get into town until 6am TODAY, and had to play a game tonight.

The Royals are going to have this same scenario later in the year. Complete BS by major league baseball. There is no reason the Tigers couldn't have played a day game yesterday. Instead, they play a night game, ON THE WEST COAST, and have to fly to KC last night.

Absolutely BEASTLY game by Brewers pitcher Yovani Gallardo. 8 innings, 11 K's, and hits a home run for the only run scored in the game. That is just a wrecking ball of a game.

Absolutely BEASTLY game by Brewers pitcher Yovani Gallardo. 8 innings, 11 K's, and hits a home run for the only run scored in the game. That is just a wrecking ball of a game.

:wacko: Stupid and then when I wore my first dressin' Brewers !!!!!