[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody up for a Baseball Challenge League?

BeachBum

Dukdown, former active Huddler, now at Fantasy Sports Wire, has issued a challenge: they have 8 teams ready for a Fantasy Baseball league, and want us to counter with 8 Huddle teams. (They were talking about other boards being inas well, but I haven't heard yet.)

We did this last year, and it was fun. 16 teams, large rosters, daily changes, lots of scoring categories, playoffs, etc.

I'm in if we can get 8 ACTIVE owners - it does require some time; last year we lost mainly because 2 of our teams kinda lost interest and finished at the bottom.

I don't have any particulars yet, but post here if you want to be on our team. The guys who played last year will get first call on teams if we have too many.

I'm in. Just fair warning, I am a newbie at Fantasy Baseball. thinking Give me a few weeks to get studied up computer and I'm sure I'll be fine. I know baseball stats well enough that I should be OK. Regardless, I will always remain active and will do my best to do theHuddle proud. Obviously, if everyone that was in it last year wants in again, I will graciously step aside.

was in last year.... i think i was middle, high throughout the year....

i wish i found out about this a little earlier... i just joined my 3rd league (after promising myself i'd only join 2)... won't be able to do it due to conflicting draft frown

I have never tried this before...

How much time per day/week will I have to set aside to be competitive?

Can you give some particulars on how it was ran last year? Scoring, Rosters, etc...

Is it for fun or Money?

I might be interested...

Outshined:

I have never tried this before...

How much time per day/week will I have to set aside to be competitive?

Mostly watching pitching matchups and injury reports, oh and schedules

Can you give some particulars on how it was ran last year? Scoring, Rosters, etc...

Play a complete lineup plus 5 or 6 pitchers. Scoring is a bunch of categories like hits, runs, HRs. RBIs, OBP, wins, Ks, whip,  ect. matched against your opponent. (see Yahoo Fantasy Baseball for more).

Is it for fun or Money?

Neither - it's for the honor of your team mates!

I might be interested...

We MIGHT be interested in YOU!  wink 

So, what's happened? No Huddlers are interested in carrying our banner into combat with a strange group of internet junkies???

C'mon, it's baseball for goodness sake. How hard can this be?

BB shrug :D doah

Down Goes Frazia:

whens the draft ? shrug    I'm already in Trojans' huddle on the diamond..... don't want to miss either draft.

"Your live online draft is set for Sun Mar 14 1:15pm PST, which is 9 days, 16 hours, and 49 minutes from now."

It'll be a quick, on-line, Yahoo draft. You can also submit your own draft list and Yahoo will pick (pretty well) for you. I suspect I'll stay for first 15 or so rounds, and then let Yahoo do its thing. There is free agent pickup and trading is encouraged.

C'mon in. (Send me an e-mail with your e-mail, and I'll send you the League ID and password.)

Men In Tights:

I am interested, I am in 1-big money league and use the 10th Inning for majority of my research/info.  Just let me know when and where to go to get started.

I've e-mailed you the league ID and password. (You must have or get a Yahoo membership too.) Sign in and check it out. The scoring and rosters are a little 'heavy', but it makes it fun!

E-mail me if you have any questions.

BB

I don't mean to let Yahoo pick from it's list. If you set up a list in the order that you might draft, then Yahoo's picks will be ok - they do try to fill out positions. In one I did this way last year, the only early flaw was getting Eric Chavez and Troy Glaus in the first 6 or 7 picks, both 3B, but also both pretty good. I was able to trade one of 'em for a needed SP later.

But I too would prefer live.

drive-by:

why was the draft time changed?

Because Yahoo is dumb. Apparently someone from FSW dropped out, they got a replacement but when their team was being entered in, it got processed a minute after the draft order was to be processed so it didn't run. It seems as though there is no way to automatically force it to run and it had to be rescheduled to the next available slot. That is the poor man's way of explaining what happened. If you want to know more, ask BeachBum or dukdown.