[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cork It! FFL

twiley

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great idea you guys have come up with. I need another league like I need a hole in my head but I would have been all over getting in this one. Of course I would have to have Twiley or Beir tell me what wine I would have to purchase but I am sure that I would have won so it would not have mattered that the only thing in my cellar is Boones Farm.

If the need for another owner comes up, give me a yell.

Skippy - If we expand to 14 you're in - if not, I have you on the list (see first page).

This should be a real blast!

• 3 weeks later...

if you guys are looking to get to 16 and need another player, i'm in.

i know i don't post around here much, but i've been looking to get into a wine league for a couple of years. i'm ITB and work for a winery in Sonoma Valley. i'm a pinot-file by nature, so from my cellar i can offer:

KB

Shane/Spell

August West

Roar

i've also got some Linne Calodo lying around if that sounds palatable (pun intended).

i've been playing for 15 years...win all my leagues...dominate locals...blah, blah, blah.

let me know as things progress.

thanks,

Paul

Put me down on the waiting list if you guys are considering expanding. Last year for eight months, I lived and worked in the Bay area in Marin county, which is a short drive to Napa Valley. I developed an expensive habit that I'm sure all of you gentlemen will help me continue this upcoming holiday season.

Btw, what's the link to your site? I'm curious as to what it looks like and the names of all the teams.

Edited by electricrelish

Here's what you do:

1. Drink it all.

2. save your urine.

3. dehydrate said urine.

4. ship powdered urine.

5. instruct recipient to rehydrate and enjoy a beverage that's better than Boones Farm.

Opie, could you send me your e-mail so I can send you a . . . .um . . . . . present?

Official count for the Cork It FFL:

1 - nogohawk

2 - Lord Opie

3 - twiley

4 - bier meister

5 - bpwallace49

6 - wiegie

7 - Seattle LawDawg

8 - detlef

9 - Kid Cid

10 - Azazello1313

11 - sundaynfl

12 - WashD

Others mentioned

Dookie Style

Skippy

Lucky11

electricrelish

Time to get this thing going ...

Just an update for those interested - lets pole the original 12 to confirm "IN" and determine league size:

IN - 14

Assuming we're still talking about a rather boilerplate league, I'm still down and am cool with whatever size. It's just that I'm opening a new restaurant this summer/fall, so I don't need to get myself into some crazy league with IDP and some waiver system where I need to worry about rushing to the computer at some point to beat anyone to a player. I mean, I understand that's going to happen. News will come out on Friday that so and so broke his hand and his back up is getting the start. Whatever. I'm just talking in general.

Mind you, I also don't want to strong arm anyone out of doing whatever league everyone wants to do, so I'll back out if that's not the way this is going to go.

I'm cool either way as far as PPR goes, mind you. But, in general, I'm assuming we're talking about standard .1 per yard rush/rec, .04 per yard pass, 6 and 4(or 3) pts for TDs. Basic FG rules, maybe some bonus for long ones and Ds getting 1 for sack, 3 for TOs, 6 for all TDs (including ST plays)+ some bonuses/penalties for pts allowed?

Again, the biggest deal for me will be roster management. I'm just interested in a system designed around people who have other things to do.

Also, to repeat, I am not interested in being commish and would happily carve out a stipend from the pool for whomever does. AT $25 each for 16 players, there should be enough for that.

Assuming we're still talking about a rather boilerplate league, I'm still down and am cool with whatever size. It's just that I'm opening a new restaurant this summer/fall, so I don't need to get myself into some crazy league with IDP and some waiver system where I need to worry about rushing to the computer at some point to beat anyone to a player. I mean, I understand that's going to happen. News will come out on Friday that so and so broke his hand and his back up is getting the start. Whatever. I'm just talking in general.

Mind you, I also don't want to strong arm anyone out of doing whatever league everyone wants to do, so I'll back out if that's not the way this is going to go.

I'm cool either way as far as PPR goes, mind you. But, in general, I'm assuming we're talking about standard .1 per yard rush/rec, .04 per yard pass, 6 and 4(or 3) pts for TDs. Basic FG rules, maybe some bonus for long ones and Ds getting 1 for sack, 3 for TOs, 6 for all TDs (including ST plays)+ some bonuses/penalties for pts allowed?

Again, the biggest deal for me will be roster management. I'm just interested in a system designed around people who have other things to do.

Also, to repeat, I am not interested in being commish and would happily carve out a stipend from the pool for whomever does. AT $25 each for 16 players, there should be enough for that.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. Maybe some minor tweaking on some deatails of scoring but for the most part, standard performance scoring w/PPR would be the way to describe it. I'm involved in too many leagues already to get bogged down in something very detailed.

I already co-commish my local league. I have no desire to take on another one.

have a strong preference for 12...... or if we did 16, would want a larger roster. for me it's an issue of injuries and depth. i don't want injuries to be devistating (at the same time don't want to reward a poor drafters).

have a strong preference for 12...... or if we did 16, would want a larger roster. for me it's an issue of injuries and depth. i don't want injuries to be devistating (at the same time don't want to reward a poor drafters).

I get the bit about having a big roster. I'm all about that. I just don't get why you'd want to have larger rosters if the league was larger.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. Maybe some minor tweaking on some deatails of scoring but for the most part, standard performance scoring w/PPR would be the way to describe it. I'm involved in too many leagues already to get bogged down in something very detailed.

I already co-commish my local league. I have no desire to take on another one.

Agree - We'll keep this a simple re-draft PPR or non-PPR works for me.

I've never been Commish, but would help as Co-commish if someone else would agree. My problem is lack of good internet access at home - still only have dial up. :wacko: