[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA PLAYOFFS

BigMikeinNY

Series I am watching:

1 Lakers vs. 8 Jazz - I am a die hard Jazz fan, have been my whole life. If Utah can win one out of the first 2 at LAL, we have a small chance. If we get swept 2-0 at LAL, it's over. My Jazz really dissapointed me down the stretch, we had a realistic shot at the 6 seed with 2 weeks left.

4 Atlanta vs. 5 Heat - This series has 7 games written all over it. Is this Hawks team for real? or will D-Wade show em how it's to be done. I will be shocked if this series doesn't go the full 7.

2 Denver vs 7 New Orleans - Can CP3 pull the upset? I think so. I predict NO in 6

My Finals Prediction? Orlando vs. San Antonio

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the Miami/Atlanta series should be a great one... Other than that, I really don't find anything in the first round to be very interesting. Once a couple of the other series get to the point where there is an elimination game, I might watch, but games 1 through 4 of a 7-game first round series are usually fairly boring and predictable.

I have to admit, the one thing that surprised me from yesterday was how bad Portland looked at home against the Rockets... If they play like that again in game 2, they might get swept. :wacko:

Too bad it looks like KG's knees aren't going to hold up... With him healthy, I think the Celtics would stand a good shot at repeating and probably be the odds on favorite to win it all. Without Garnett in the picture, I think the odds are in favor of a Kobe/Lebron showdown in the Finals... If that happens, I'll probably watch casually, but it definitely won't be something I'll go out of my way to watch.

Magic vs Spurs ? That is nutty crazy talk there.

I see it being the Cavs/Lakers. The Lakers have a pretty clear path. With KG out I think only the Magic could stand in the way of Cleveland. The Magic gave the Cavs fits this year and could be tough if Lewis/Turk is healthy.

The Celtics still are the Celtics but without KG it will be tough for them to get past the Magic.

I am hoping for a Cavs/Celts rematch for the ECF.

In the West I don't see any team beating the Lakers.

I was also shocked that Portland got hammered so bad. That is a toss up series but wow that was crazy.

The Spurs are a shell of their former self without Manu. They can't even beat Dallas at home. They might not make it out of the 1st round.

There's been a groundswell of talk about Dwight Howard and how he's not getting enough MVP consideration. If Philly bounces him out in the first round it oughta shut those people up PDQ.

wow did the nuggets lay an ass-whuppin on nawlins last night. just one game of course, and you can't expect chauncy and JR to be shooting the lights out like that every game...but you also can't count on too many more quiet games from carmelo anthony. they are still flying under a lot of peoples' radar, but the nuggs might be poised for a nice little run here.

the lakers are going to be tough for anybody to beat, obviously, but I look for a pretty healthy challenge for them in the second round if they get houston. that is another playoff team nobody had better sleep on.

the east I just don't pay much attention to, but good on philly and the bulls for their game 1 upsets. :wacko:

wow did the nuggets lay an ass-whuppin on nawlins last night. just one game of course, and you can't expect chauncy and JR to be shooting the lights out like that every game...

How you guys managed to swindle Detroit out of Billups for a grossly over the hill AI is one of the great mysteries of our time.

wow did the nuggets lay an ass-whuppin on nawlins last night. just one game of course, and you can't expect chauncy and JR to be shooting the lights out like that every game...but you also can't count on too many more quiet games from carmelo anthony. they are still flying under a lot of peoples' radar, but the nuggs might be poised for a nice little run here.

the lakers are going to be tough for anybody to beat, obviously, but I look for a pretty healthy challenge for them in the second round if they get houston. that is another playoff team nobody had better sleep on.

the east I just don't pay much attention to, but good on philly and the bulls for their game 1 upsets. :wacko:

I watched like 10 minutes of that game and it was silly. Lights out or not, it's not like NO could generate anything during the stretch I watched. I saw like 4 turnovers and 4 missed shots. So, maybe Denver makes half those shots during that stretch and it would have only been a 15 pt lead instead of 20.

I watched like 10 minutes of that game and it was silly. Lights out or not, it's not like NO could generate anything during the stretch I watched. I saw like 4 turnovers and 4 missed shots. So, maybe Denver makes half those shots during that stretch and it would have only been a 15 pt lead instead of 20.

yeah, at one point the nuggets went on a 21-0 run, late in the third quarter I believe. that has got to be pretty rare in the NBA.

And here I was chastised for saying such a thing when it went down. :wacko:

Remember he was in Minnesota when we were actually quite good, so I have a LOT of time for Billups. Sadly, we chose to can him so we could keep Terrell Brandon (remember him?), who had long since lost interest in playing and was only hanging on for his pay check - he never played again.

If we could have kept Chauncey, things would have worked out different.

chauncey belongs right where he's at. I remember watching him as a high school freshman sporting a high-top fade at george washington HS (I was a couple years older at league rival denver south). even then everybody knew he was (or would be) the best basketball player the state had ever produced.

yeah, at one point the nuggets went on a 21-0 run, late in the third quarter I believe. that has got to be pretty rare in the NBA.

That's pretty much where I caught it.

NO goes down the court, basically hands the ball to someone on Den, either Billips or Smith drain a 3, repeat.

Remember he was in Minnesota when we were actually quite good, so I have a LOT of time for Billups. Sadly, we chose to can him so we could keep Terrell Brandon (remember him?), who had long since lost interest in playing and was only hanging on for his pay check - he never played again.

If we could have kept Chauncey, things would have worked out different.

Thanks a lot... That's actually one name I had completely erased from memory. :D Talk about bad decisions... Good thing they drafted KG, or the Wolves could quite possibly have taken over the role of most pathetic NBA franchise over the past 15-20 years, instead of the Clippers. Obviously, we don't know how things would have gone without Garnett, but there haven't exactly been a lot of 'bright" moments, other than KG. They've had their share of guys who worked out well for a season or two, but nothing that's lasted longer than that. I guess we can pray that Kevin Love becomes the next Kevin McHale (player, not GM). :D If his rookie season is a sign of things to come, and Jefferson can stay healthy, there MIGHT be something to look forward to. Lots of if's there, for sure, and that's assuming the team can sell enough tickets to stay in MN long-term. :wacko:

Thanks a lot... That's actually one name I had completely erased from memory. :D Talk about bad decisions... Good thing they drafted KG, or the Wolves could quite possibly have taken over the role of most pathetic NBA franchise over the past 15-20 years, instead of the Clippers. Obviously, we don't know how things would have gone without Garnett, but there haven't exactly been a lot of 'bright" moments, other than KG. They've had their share of guys who worked out well for a season or two, but nothing that's lasted longer than that. I guess we can pray that Kevin Love becomes the next Kevin McHale (player, not GM). :D If his rookie season is a sign of things to come, and Jefferson can stay healthy, there MIGHT be something to look forward to. Lots of if's there, for sure, and that's assuming the team can sell enough tickets to stay in MN long-term. :wacko:

MN certainly has some solid young players in place. A solid draft and a key FA or two (as well as continured development of Love and Jefferson)and they could be one of the teams to legitimately contend for the 7th/8th playoff spot in the next couple of years.

Round 2 tonight for Boston/Chicago and Dallas/SA

I expect both of the home teams to come out swinging after getting staggered in round 1 and to take round 2 to even up the series.

Sufice to say if either of these teams go down 0-2 after this game they are in big time trouble.

Ben Gordon :wacko:

Nice to see Ray Allen didn't forget how to shoot.

No kidding. As a lukewarm fan of NBA basketball, that's the kind of game that will make me want to watch this whole series.

Chicago looks like a team for the long term. And how exciting will it be to watch this team go against LeBron for the next few years. Good stuff for sure.

MN certainly has some solid young players in place. A solid draft and a key FA or two (as well as continured development of Love and Jefferson)and they could be one of the teams to legitimately contend for the 7th/8th playoff spot in the next couple of years.

Minny also has two large expiring contracts, a raft of first round picks and a ton of cap space. Now all we have to do is get a new coach (Sam Mitchell, are you listening?), a new GM and persuade some of the best available players that it really isn't THAT cold here in the winter. :wacko: