[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's your guilty pleasure

rajncajn

I am an on-again-off-again fast food junkie. :D

I'll go through streaks of having fast food lunches 2-3 times a week, but there'll be some months I'll go without for a long time. :wacko:

I'll dig into a Quarter Pounder with cheese (plain, baby) at McDonald's with the great fries.

Burger King, I'll go for a double Whopper, or maybe try those chicken fries.

Wendy's, give me a double stack or two and a Frosty.

We have Culver's here (:D) and I'll get a burger and some cheese curds :drool:

Arby's is great, I love the french dip even with the new bread. They also have dope cheese sticks.

And the granddaddy of them all, Weinerschnitzel. I can put those chili dogs away. Couple of those, maybe some mini corn dogs. Mmmm...

:fart:

Edited by darin3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, forgot JIB.... give me an Ultimate Cheeseburger, hold the mayo or whatever gooey crap they try putting on it which ruins the beefy and cheesy goodness.

:wacko:

If we are being honest, mayo is probably my guilty pleasure. So far the only thing I know it doesn't go with is pancakes.

this might just be a texas thing, but whataburger's triple bacon cheeseburger with jalapenos, whatasized fries and Dr Pepper. of course, sub mayo for the standard mustard.

braums has a chili cheeseburger that's dripping with chili and cheese, i've eaten more of those than i've needed to lately.

bacon ultimate cheeseburger from JIB, strike the ketchup and mustard (only mayo baby).

here's a curveball; don't know how many little caesars pizza joints there are in the world these days, but there's one near me, and their "hot and ready" pepperoni pizzas for $5 are lifesavers for when i'm craving pizza and don't want to wait the near 45 minutes these other joker places are taking to cook a damn pizza.

man, i'm fat.

don't know how many little caesars pizza joints there are in the world these days, but there's one near me, and their "hot and ready" pepperoni pizzas for $5 are lifesavers for when i'm craving pizza

I'm not saying they're not good, but that ain't pizza.

• 2 weeks later...

I like many of the aforementioned "treats" but my true "guilty pleasure" is the epitome of the term.

The McRib!

I'm not even sure what it's made of or how they get that awfully textured slab of "meat" in that shape but with extra sauce, extra pickles and onions I just gotta have'em when they're on the menu.

McD's Shamrock Shake is a winner for the month of March.

Love me some Original Chicken Sandwiches at Burger King.

I can do a 20-piece McNugget, only because McDonalds has he best Sweet n Sour sauce of all the ff joints.

Steak N Shake chili is never a letdown, and great at 2:00PM or 2:00AM.

Not a fast food chain, but we used to have a restaurant here that would fix a French dip (roast beef poboy with au jus) and a side of steak fries. Pour some of the au jus all over the fries... Oh my... :drool:

Edited by rajncajn

My #1 favorite of all time is Taco John's... Every time I go back to MN, I hit that place up AT LEAST once while I'm there. Usually, more like 2-3 times within the week or long weekend. :D Back in the day, they used to have "Taco Tuesday" (hard shells two for 99 cents) and "Softshell Saturday" (soft shells 2 for $1.39). When we were kids (and could eat whatever we wanted and not gain a pound), my brothers and I were known to knock down about 6-8 tacos each (although I think my record was an even dozen... or maybe it was 14 :D). Everybody in my family prefers the John's over Taco Bell, although my wife adamantly disagrees... I think it's a matter of what you grew up on. My hometown didn't have a Taco Bell until I was in high school, while the John's was a weekly staple. These days, if I'm feeling up to the task, I order the "Six pack and a pound"... six tacos (hard, soft, or mixed) and a pound (the equivalent of two large orders) of "Potatoe Ole's", which are these tater tot things that I swear must be laced with not only the best seasonings in the world, but also a sprinkle of crack (which has made me into an Ole addict).

My dad's family (four brothers and sister, all of the cousins, etc.) still have a tradition that, when we get together for various occasions (Christmas, etc.), there's always at least one Taco John's run. That usually means 3-4 of the guys walking into the store and ordering somewhere in the vicinity of 100 tacos, with a few odds and ends added in... bean burrito, taco burger, or whatever the "cast-outs" of the family prefer. Seriously, to this day, I think the Taco John's employees recognize members of our family immediately... when they see us coming, they yell to the back for "backup" because the order we're about to put in is probably going to wipe them out of taco fixings and set them back about a half-hour. It's kind of comical to watch, actually.

When I lived in Sioux Falls, SD for five years, my buddy and I would order a Tomacelli's large/XL pepperoni pizza after just about every night of heavy drinking. We would seriously go through an entire pizza between the two of us in about five minutes. There were actually times when we ate it so fast (and/or were so hammered) that one of us would ask the other if the pizza had come yet (not noticing the empty box in the kitchen). Best cheap, after-drinking pizza I've ever had, and nothing else is even close.

In CA, I've become a pretty big fan of In N Out and Carl's Jr.... The various "Six Dollar" burgers at CJ are pretty good... I usually go with the Bacon Cheeseburger version or sometimes one of their "new release" burgers... Jalapeno, Mushroom/Swiss, etc. It's scary looking at their calorie chart, though, and figuring out how much one of those combos contains. :wacko: A simple McDonald's burger... cheese, hamburger, Big Mac, whatever... is always good because of the onions, whereas I like BK burgers because they seem to have the right mix of mustard/ketchup to give it that "orangish" color and flavor. I remember A&W burgers in MN being the same way, in that sense.

So, yeah, basically, I can find something tasty at pretty much any FF restaurant anywhere... Truthfully, though, I try and stay away as much as I can... Once a week is my "limit", although I sometimes go over and sometimes go much longer than a week without it.

McD's Shamrock Shake is a winner for the month of March.

+1 Big time.

Love me some Original Chicken Sandwiches at Burger King.

Those are pretty good as well.

I can do a 20-piece McNugget, only because McDonalds has he best Sweet n Sour sauce of all the ff joints.

I agree, but for me, it's a BBQ sauce and Hot Mustard combo... alternating nuggets with each sauce. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...