[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Playoffs

Vinatieri Is God

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This series is about to give me a stroke. But I hope my stroke happens AFTER the series is over. Some great hockey here and if I weren't a fan of either team, I'd be loving it. Way to go Pens! I almost shat my pants when they gave up the tying goal with 4:00 left. The D-man for the Caps(Poti- speaking of shatting pants) shouldn't feel too bad. If he doesn't make that play, Crosby gets the goal as he's wide open on the left post. Now if Varly had his 5-hole closed...... Great game though. Great win by the Pens and I'm hoping like hell we can close it out at home. Act like we're down 3-2 boys!I sure don't want to go back to DC for a 7th. LET'S GO PENS!!!!!

It should also be pointed out that Cam Ward was stellar against the Devils all season. Against the Bruins, not so sure. :wacko:

Looks to be more of the same.

Cam Ward is one heck of a goalie.

Anyone see Game 6 of the Hawks/Canucks series? That might have been one of the best hockey games I've ever seen. Not a fan of either team but have to appreciate good hockey.

Anyone see Game 6 of the Hawks/Canucks series? That might have been one of the best hockey games I've ever seen. Not a fan of either team but have to appreciate good hockey.

Yeah, it was pretty intense. Watch game 7 of the Pens - Caps, the entire series has been like that game.

Yeah, it was pretty intense. Watch game 7 of the Pens - Caps, the entire series has been like that game.

+1 on both counts.

And goaltending in the Hawks/Canucks game wasn't all that bad in game 6, the shots that went in were pretty damn good. Khabibulin did a heck of a job keeping the Canucks from easily another 3-4 goals. After Luongo got a stick in the mush, he didn't seem like the same goalie towards the end of the game. Lots of those goals scored in the game though were either the results of screens or just phenomenal plays by the goal scorers.

Nice win by the Red Wings. That was a great game.

That's o.k. If we win it, I want it to happen over Hossa and the Red Wings. :wacko: I don't see the Blackhawks beating the Wings. Great effort by Anaheim.

Carolina up by one in the 2nd............... :D

Edited by Menudo

Hawks are playing with house money....they can skate with the Wings. No doubt about that. Played them very tight the last 2 years. Won the last 2 games of the year against them. It's going to be a great, great series.

The only thing better in my mind than the Bears/Packers....is the Hawks/Wings. Can't fricken wait.

Wow !!!! :wacko: What a game, and what a great night of hockey !!!!!

I've got nothing against the Canes, great series by them (great couple series, as far as that goes)....but I wanted to vomit when I saw it was that puke Walker who scored the gw.

Hawks are playing with house money....they can skate with the Wings. No doubt about that. Played them very tight the last 2 years. Won the last 2 games of the year against them. It's going to be a great, great series.

The only thing better in my mind than the Bears/Packers....is the Hawks/Wings. Can't fricken wait.

absofreekinglutely the can. this is going to be a big test for my wings. the young hawks have grown a lot in these playoffs but are still too young to realize the pressure.

Agreed that the series is far from over and my comment was not meant to be as such. Its just that the more I see of this kid the more I realize the greatness that I am witnessing. I loves me some Datsyuk and Zetterburg, but Ovie they aint. And if Malkin doesnt get his $hit together he will be labeled the NHL's version of A-Rod.

Credit where credit is due. Malkin was inspired last night. :wacko:

Credit where credit is due. Malkin was inspired last night. :wacko:

He's been inspired this whole series. Hopefully he can remain inspired against your mighty Wings(if, barring a complete collapse, we both make it). I have seen Malkin disappear before though, but I think that hit in the Flyers series lat year f'ked with him. He's healthy and playing like a beast right now. A Wings-Pens rematch should be pretty fun to watch. And I'm with Hugh. I'm hoping beyond hope that the Pens end up skating with the Cup just to watch Hossa's reaction. Solid gold baby!!!