[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2009 NFL Sunday Ticket

myhousekey

I just called and got the ST for $24.99 per month (seems like the standard discount). They would not budge on giving free SF though, but since I have premium channels, they gave me $5 off per month on that and another $6 off for free DVR - so, essentially I'm getting the SF for $5.50 per month.

To sum up, I'm getting the ST + SF all for $30.49 per month (6 months). Not bad, I tried to push for the free SF but he insisted the system wouldn't allow it. I even claimed that they were practicing price discrimination etc... he couldn't do it and I believe him because he was searching for all sorts of ways to get me discounts. I'll take the deal and run though, I'm happy with it. So, the deals are out there if you call. Good luck, Huddlers :wacko:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called and got the ST for $24.99 per month (seems like the standard discount). They would not budge on giving free SF though, but since I have premium channels, they gave me $5 off per month on that and another $6 off for free DVR - so, essentially I'm getting the SF for $5.50 per month.

To sum up, I'm getting the ST + SF all for $30.49 per month (6 months). Not bad, I tried to push for the free SF but he insisted the system wouldn't allow it. I even claimed that they were practicing price discrimination etc... he couldn't do it and I believe him because he was searching for all sorts of ways to get me discounts. I'll take the deal and run though, I'm happy with it. So, the deals are out there if you call. Good luck, Huddlers :wacko:

That's too bad. My guy was able to "find the code" for me and gave me free SF...it took him quite a while (probably 10 minutes or so) but he had to remove the SF $16.95 renewal item add in a credit and then resign me up for SF for free...like I said, took a while but he found the elusive coding to make it happen somehow and this was on Sunday August 9th.

Glad you are happy with what you got though as that is what really matters...I do wonder if your rep could find the code if he was looking at my account #? That would be interesting...

KO'd

That's too bad. My guy was able to "find the code" for me and gave me free SF...it took him quite a while (probably 10 minutes or so) but he had to remove the SF $16.95 renewal item add in a credit and then resign me up for SF for free...like I said, took a while but he found the elusive coding to make it happen somehow and this was on Sunday August 9th.

Glad you are happy with what you got though as that is what really matters...I do wonder if your rep could find the code if he was looking at my account #? That would be interesting...

KO'd

Yeah, something tells me there is a way since it seems many people are getting it. He argued that only new ST customers can receive free SF. Whatever, I usually try to haggle for the absolute best deal but I'm swamped at work and just didn't have it in me today. It does kinda chap my a$$ though.

Yeah, something tells me there is a way since it seems many people are getting it. He argued that only new ST customers can receive free SF. Whatever, I usually try to haggle for the absolute best deal but I'm swamped at work and just didn't have it in me today. It does kinda chap my a$$ though.

I called a month ago and got ST for 24.99 ($44.99 less a $20 monthly credit, which they keep forgetting to add to the invoice, but that's another story). I also argued (politley) for the free superfan. My reasoning was as follows:

I already pay DTV for HD ($10 per month). NFL games on networks are broadcast on HD over the air. Why should I pay DTV even more for the privilege of getting HD on Sunday Ticket (via superfan) when I am already paying DTV for the privilege of getting HD every month in the first place? This is double dipping in the worst way. I told the retention team guy (to whom you should get your call escalated as quickly as possible) that I have an expensive large HDTV and that watching in standard definition is not an option for me. Nor would I pay DTV TWICE for the privilege of getting HD (once on my account in general and then again for Superfan, the only way to get HD for ST). Without bundling superfan at no charge, I was flat out going to cancel Sunday Ticket (and I meant it). I also mentioned how I have been a loyal DTV customer since 2001 and that Sunday Ticket is the main reason I stick with them instead of DishNetwork or cable. He pointed out all the other fine features of superfan and I politiely told him that all I wanted from it was HD for the games. And, of course, that I refuse to pay DTV TWICE for the same HD service. Within 2 minutes, I had superfan bundled with ST at no extra charge. The whole package will cost $149.95 for the season.

Now if they could only remember to put the $20 discount on my invoice each month wothout me having to call them to remind them....

Edited by Dcat

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the same deal. $149.99 for the Ticket and Superfan. What a deal! First they tried to give me $5 a month, then $10, then just blew their wad with the free Super fan and $149.99 for the ticket. NICE! Life is good!

Why the hell don't they just offer the deal to begin with....I know alot of people who would pay 149.95 for the Sunday Ticket and they would get Directtv to get it....I hate having to call to get the deal but I did and got the same runaround.....THX 149.95 much better than 279.95..

I called last night and said cancel at the prompt. I got a guy on the phone and I told him that I wanted to cancel the NFL package because I have season tix, he immediately offered the $149.95 deal and threw in Super Fan. I asked if I could get anything else to sweeten the deal and he threw in 6 months of Showtime for free that cancels on it's own after the 6 months. The whole process took maybe 10 minutes and I'm a happier customer. :wacko:

i got the $20 off for six months deal and was also told i couldn't get free superfan. i'll probably call back. i was pretty sure i was talking to a customer retention rep because at the automated prompt i said, "cancel service," and when the rep came on the phone, i told him i didn't think i could afford sunday ticket anymore and was thinking of canceling.

i called back today and basically said, "why is superfan on my bill? i thought i was getting it for free." she said no, but came back and said she could credit my account and make it free.

Tried to filter through this thread but too much to figure out.

Question:

I got DirectTV last year and didn't get the NFL Ticket. I wanted to get it this year but they said 300. How do I get the $150 deal? Is there a code or a link offering that price anywhere? They told me if I supply this information they will consider it.

Thanks ahead of time!

• 9 months later...

Okay gang it is time for the annual NFL Sunday Ticket thread...plus a little something else I recently learned....hopefully this has not already been posted - if so...feel free to ignore this.

Do you have an HD TV? You probably do right? If so, I wanted to let you know (in case you did not know already) that because of a deal that DISH Network has with new customers being offered FREE HD for life…Direct TV has now matched that promotion for their new customers…but what about us suckers who are already Direct TV customers? That’s right…we can get in on the deal too (sort of). A very simple call (less than 2 minutes probably) is all it’ll take for you to save the $10/mo HD charge for 24 months (not a “lifetime” deal but 24 months ain’t shabby). Just call Direct TV and say “HD Credit” at the voice prompt and you’ll get a customer service rep who can help you. The only thing you’ll need to do is be signed up for auto bill pay (like through a credit card or your bank account) and then they’ll give you the $10 off over the next 24 months. No contract extension of any kind required.

In regards to the NFL Sunday Ticket...yesterday, I called in regards to the HD credit ($240 savings) and then got transferred to another customer service rep when I asked about my early bird renewal info for the Sunday Ticket. When I got to this rep I explained to him that I was not sure that I wanted to continue my NFL Sunday Ticket. The new “early bird” renewal is 6 payments of $49.99 = $299.94 and 5 payments of $9.99 = $49.95 for what they are calling NFL Sunday Ticket To Go – which is service for smart phones and laptop access to be able to watch all of the games through those kind of devices. I don’t need the “To Go” service so I told the rep I for sure did not want that to hit my bill in the next few months…and then I reiterated with the rep that I didn’t think I could justify renewing my Sunday Ticket package even at the “early bird” pricing but that I would continue with it if he would match my deal from last year…which I had negotiated a reduction over 6 months with a $20 credit per month. He said “no problem” and now I will have Sunday Ticket for basically 6 payments of $29.99 for a savings of $120.00 There is also no longer an extra charge for the HD portion of the NFL Sunday Ticket which used to cost an $100.00 (they must have heard enough of us complain about being double charged for HD service

Happy bargaining gang....go get 'em! :wacko:

KO'd

Okay gang it is time for the annual NFL Sunday Ticket thread...plus a little something else I recently learned....hopefully this has not already been posted - if so...feel free to ignore this.

Do you have an HD TV? You probably do right? If so, I wanted to let you know (in case you did not know already) that because of a deal that DISH Network has with new customers being offered FREE HD for life…Direct TV has now matched that promotion for their new customers…but what about us suckers who are already Direct TV customers? That’s right…we can get in on the deal too (sort of). A very simple call (less than 2 minutes probably) is all it’ll take for you to save the $10/mo HD charge for 24 months (not a “lifetime” deal but 24 months ain’t shabby). Just call Direct TV and say “HD Credit” at the voice prompt and you’ll get a customer service rep who can help you. The only thing you’ll need to do is be signed up for auto bill pay (like through a credit card or your bank account) and then they’ll give you the $10 off over the next 24 months. No contract extension of any kind required.

In regards to the NFL Sunday Ticket...yesterday, I called in regards to the HD credit ($240 savings) and then got transferred to another customer service rep when I asked about my early bird renewal info for the Sunday Ticket. When I got to this rep I explained to him that I was not sure that I wanted to continue my NFL Sunday Ticket. The new “early bird” renewal is 6 payments of $49.99 = $299.94 and 5 payments of $9.99 = $49.95 for what they are calling NFL Sunday Ticket To Go – which is service for smart phones and laptop access to be able to watch all of the games through those kind of devices. I don’t need the “To Go” service so I told the rep I for sure did not want that to hit my bill in the next few months…and then I reiterated with the rep that I didn’t think I could justify renewing my Sunday Ticket package even at the “early bird” pricing but that I would continue with it if he would match my deal from last year…which I had negotiated a reduction over 6 months with a $20 credit per month. He said “no problem” and now I will have Sunday Ticket for basically 6 payments of $29.99 for a savings of $120.00 There is also no longer an extra charge for the HD portion of the NFL Sunday Ticket which used to cost an $100.00 (they must have heard enough of us complain about being double charged for HD service

Happy bargaining gang....go get 'em! :wacko:

KO'd

I got the same $20 a month off for 6 months and $10 off a month for 2 years for HD

So just to make sure I understood your post. They don't have "Superfan" anymore? It's just part of the regular package?

ETA: I just checked out Directv's site and that seems to be the case.

Edited by myhousekey

So just to make sure I understood your post. They don't have "Superfan" anymore? It's just part of the regular package?

Correct, Super fan and all of the games come in HD as well for the early bird price of $299

Yes - that is correct...no more "Super Fan" portion...all included in the $300 early bird price. I think they must have gotten tired of folks complaining about paying $10/mo for HD service anyway and then getting hit for another $100.00 to watch games in HD (although a lot of us bargained down to $0.00 for the Super fan anyway).

KO'd

:wacko: Interesting....

I've debated making the switch from cable for the past few years but I might actually make the jump this year. It seems like a lot of people either love or hate DTV. My NFL market games are just so awful half the time that it'd be nice to be able to watch whatever I want. Glad to hear that you can get away from the $10 HD fee and get Superfan for free. Thanks for the info :tup:

I got the same $20 a month off for 6 months and $10 off a month for 2 years for HD

Same here. The 10 bucks is really easy and takes like 2 minutes. The 20 took me 2 calls to get, as the first gal wouldnt offer it up. Anyway, 180 isnt too bad. I think thats about what i paid last year. 10 bucks a week to stay outta the bar, my liver will be thanking me!

I only got it down to $240. But the (second) lady I spoke with said with the SF, I get the smartphone pkg included and it's not extra. Not quite the deals most on here apparently got, but I've been with them so long, my normal package is no longer offered, and I'm getting a pretty steep discount already (on top of what would be the price increase I would have if I switched to a "comparable" package in their current offerings). Considering I have Rams season tix too and won't be home for roughly half the games... *sigh*

Beats a sharp stick in the eye I guess. And to think all they are really doing is "flipping a switch". Lest we forget, this is probably adding to the owner's potential war chest for next year's looming lockout (depending on what the courts have to say about that).

GL.

I only got it down to $240. But the (second) lady I spoke with said with the SF, I get the smartphone pkg included and it's not extra. Not quite the deals most on here apparently got, but I've been with them so long, my normal package is no longer offered, and I'm getting a pretty steep discount already (on top of what would be the price increase I would have if I switched to a "comparable" package in their current offerings). Considering I have Rams season tix too and won't be home for roughly half the games... *sigh*

Beats a sharp stick in the eye I guess. And to think all they are really doing is "flipping a switch". Lest we forget, this is probably adding to the owner's potential war chest for next year's looming lockout (depending on what the courts have to say about that).

GL.

I cancelled my Sunday Ticket for this year because I just don't get to watch it enough and their best offer to me was $10/mo off the price which is pretty much what you got. I did grumble a bit about other stuff and got $10/mo for 12 months off of my entire bill so you could probably get that along with the ST discount and save $180 over the course of a year.