[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone whos been a huddler since 1999

Ive been a member of the huddle since 1999....But several times over the years my subscription ran out and i ended up haveing to join again as a new owner a ROOKIE....it hurts every time i rejoin to be Bashed by owners who have not even been close to being around as long as i have .....Even thou there bio says Huddler since ???? with ????posts....Does that mean hes a better owner and more knowledgeable than me ?????

Does that give him the right to bash a Rookies 1st post????...

My question is why do so many owners act like there in Jr high or High school and make fun of the New kid even before getting to no him

I entered a post looking for an owner .....And my one and only response so far was a smart ??? answer ....

Just my opinion,but i would give this guy a WIDE berth...

this is from Huddler Little Bighorn

Group: Members

Member No.: 15,321

This guy made this comment and we have never even met,

Is it because my user name and icon?????

If you knew me youd think they are the perfect fit

anyways i just needed to vent and set someone strait

Edited by Revrand2cent

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Huddle membership and board registration are separate entities. You don't need to create a new name (as you had a few times) every time you renew. Just use your old account and password.

My question is why do so many owners act like there in Jr high or High school and make fun of the New kid even before getting to no him

maybe that's why...

The Huddle membership and board registration are separate entities. You don't need to create a new name (as you had a few times) every time you renew. Just use your old account and password.

Yep...the boards have nothing to do with having to re-subscribe. You don't even need a subscription to post on these boards... :wacko:

I've always found that if you can type coherent thoughts and not be a twit, respect comes pretty quickly.

I for one have always thought the "newbie bashing" is a tired hobby anyway; people either are idiots or they aren't, no matter how long they've been on a board. I bash accordingly by that standard.

Yep...the boards have nothing to do with having to re-subscribe. You don't even need a subscription to post on these boards... :wacko:

ya. never really understood that about his and other subscription sites.

I've always found that if you can type coherent thoughts and not be a twit, respect comes pretty quickly.

I for one have always thought the "newbie bashing" is a tired hobby anyway; people either are idiots or they aren't, no matter how long they've been on a board. I bash accordingly by that standard.

Big John ive changed my e-mail and passwords so many times when it comes time to renew .....I cannot remember the correct e-mail or password and yes true you do not have to be a member to join the forum ...But once you join you do need to remember your user name or password ....

I do remember my user name when i joined the huddle again last year it was cheffboyrd however i could not remember my password and my e-mail address changed, then when i went to Rejoin the huddle i could not remember .....correct passwords or e-mails....Im a certified chef not a internet wizzard...

I also believe people should not be posting on the forums if they are not huddle members.

and i know the majority of you feel the same way.....

I just feel we should get to know a huddle member before we bash him for no reason....If he says something stupid then maybe .....

Edited by Revrand2cent

You mean I took all the bashing for nothing????

BTW: i think your league idea is noble. As die hard as most of us are at this silly little addiction, its a nice thought to name a team in honor of a fallen loved one. With my luck though, I'd be cursing them every time I checked into submit my injury riddled lineup.

You mean I took all the bashing for nothing????

BTW: i think your league idea is noble. As die hard as most of us are at this silly little addiction, its a nice thought to name a team in honor of a fallen loved one. With my luck though, I'd be cursing them every time I checked into submit my injury riddled lineup.

Thanks tazinib1

the good news is that newbie bashing doesn't happen nearly as much as it used to (but being around as long as you have you should know that). chavez nailed it. certain people warrant it regardless of time on the boards and others act accordingly. to put it another way though, imagine an aprrentice or intern coming in and stepping on your toes to run your kitchen. if they are decent, you give them some run. if they suck, they are back to prep work, but either way you let them know who the chef in the kitchen is.

if you care to share you philosophy, advice, and recipes join us in the F&B forum. been pretty quiet lately with me spending more time with family and det starting a new restaurant.

the good news is that newbie bashing doesn't happen nearly as much as it used to (but being around as long as you have you should know that). chavez nailed it. certain people warrant it regardless of time on the boards and others act accordingly. to put it another way though, imagine an aprrentice or intern coming in and stepping on your toes to run your kitchen. if they are decent, you give them some run. if they suck, they are back to prep work, but either way you let them know who the chef in the kitchen is.

if you care to share you philosophy, advice, and recipes join us in the F&B forum. been pretty quiet lately with me spending more time with family and det starting a new restaurant.

I was just going to suggest that you join us in the food and beverage forum as well. Having another pro over there certainly can't hurt things.

As far as the bashing, well it's the Internet, that how some people get their jollies. Myself, I tend to restrict it to the people that have shown themselves to be tools and need a good bashing. Not everyone is a dolt or a moron, it just seems that way sometimes. Your job is to find out who isn't one without appearing to be one yourself. Quite tricky sometimes.

Ive been a member of the huddle since 1999....But several times over the years my subscription ran out and i ended up haveing to join again as a new owner a ROOKIE....it hurts every time i rejoin to be Bashed by owners who have not even been close to being around as long as i have .....Even thou there bio says Huddler since ???? with ????posts....Does that mean hes a better owner and more knowledgeable than me ?????

Does that give him the right to bash a Rookies 1st post????...

I entered a post looking for an owner .....And my one and only response so far was a smart ??? answer ....

Just my opinion,but i would give this guy a WIDE berth...

this is from Huddler Little Bighorn

Group: Members

Member No.: 15,321

This guy made this comment and we have never even met,

Is it because my user name and icon?????

If you knew me youd think they are the perfect fit

Your spelling and grammar suck, too...

I also believe people should not be posting on the forums if they are not huddle members.

and i know the majority of you feel the same way.....

I just feel we should get to know a huddle member before we bash him for no reason....If he says something stupid then maybe .....

Hello Huddlers.

I, for one, am not involved in any Huddle leagues (that includes you, tazinib), but I still enjoy browsing and posting on these boards. I find it useful to have a source of info and feedback that's not tied to the league you're in (in case your league members see your questions). I offer my opinions when I can and hope to get the same back. :wacko:

Your spelling and grammar suck, too...

Yes my grammar and spelling do suck ..I'm sorry for that but a lot of people born with disabilities cant even do what i do. :wacko:

Edited by Revrand2cent

Yes my grammar and spelling do suck ..I'm sorry for that but a lot of people born with disabilities cant even do what i do. :wacko:

Keep bringing it on guys I can take IT when deserved.......I've been pretty invincible ever since Taking on Big Country's Mom now i know how he got his user name ....Big Country ....He got it from His Momma. the same Momma that gave me my double Hernia .After She slipped and fell on top of me playing strip twister.....

Now did Big Country deserve me telling everyone on the huddle about me and his moms personal Relationship...And how i came about my disabilities YES.....For the simple fact he ripped my Mom .....NEVER EVER RIP SOMEONES MOM

And as for Bronco Billy... yes I have poor grammar and spelling...But at least I never road the Short Bus or wore a helmet...And most of all i dont hold a grudge because i failed to qualify for the Special Olympics..... Speaking of Special Olympics I still have the helmet you threw after failing to qualify any event..Now Did Bronco Billy Deserve that yes after ripping on my grammer and spelling without even Knowing anything about me...

But if you look at my Post looking 4 an owner .....You'd see a Rookie making a post on how he would like to start a Dynasty League with meaning to it....After reading it you could do a lot of things 1.not respond to his post at all...2. Ask him for more details....3.Tell him that his grammar and spelling suck and his leagues probably do also so no thanks.....

But to respond to the owner with Just my opinion,but i would give this guy a WIDE berth...

Is not realy called for especially when the person making that post is making it from his heart......

Edited by Revrand2cent

The grammar police bit is a long running joke here at the huddle. I'm not sure how offensive that is.

I'm pretty sure Big Country was quoting a line from Monty Python and The Holy Grail. I wouldn't be so sure that it was a jab against you or your mother...

Stick around. Relax. This is actually a pretty informative forum. Have fun bro...

The grammar police bit is a long running joke here at the huddle. I'm not sure how offensive that is.

I'm pretty sure Big Country was quoting a line from Monty Python and The Holy Grail. I wouldn't be so sure that it was a jab against you or your mother...

Stick around. Relax. This is actually a pretty informative forum. Have fun bro...

Thanks flypaste Im going to be around awhile ....Im just not going to be pushed around...I can dish it i can take it But only when justified...

Ive always spelled bad heck you'd be laughing your ass off watching me type ...I hen peck the keys one at a time with my head down.And when my emotions get involved I don't no what the heck im typing im just riled and into it just like i am fantasy football...

I got nothing against Bronco Billy or Big Country .But I am aginst a huddler bashing a Rookie for making his first post......Especially when it comes from his heart....

if it had been Bronco Billy or Big Country making the same post in the exact same way i did ...there would have been 30 posts or more saying i want in.

couple of years ago I posted for San diego to trade LT and atleast get #1 draft picks. For me it just made better business and team sense but the backlash I received and how angry people got from a simple post made me quit huddle forums for a couple of years because I was so digusted. Now I just lurk around under a new name once in a while not giving a $hi% really. For the most part, some of the members ruined the huddle experience.

Things seemed to have gotten better, not so much attacking eachother rather then just discussion of opinions.

Edited by ajfalcone