[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The missing link

tazinib1

see now you're on to something. that's why I find evolution so beautiful and mystifying. that there is this apparent urge inherent in the laws of the universe -- in its DNA, if you will -- to greater levels of organization and integration manifest in the phenomenon of "life". this place, so vast and yet finite in space and time, where these forces wage a constant battle against chaos and entropy. and us with our brains on the leading edge of that struggle. if thinking on that doesn't conjure some notion of the divine in you, nothing will.

MUCH better argument for a divine Creator than what we've seen so far. :wacko:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

set up? ah yes, the conversion has started ...

:wacko:

There it is - at last, the true motivation. Thank you.

The only thing creationism has created is trumped-up charges of evolution attacking God for the purpose of gaining converts and maintaining control over its fundamentalist flock.

Good golly. Evolution does not seek to explain the origin of the universe. Fields of straw men....

You can't explain the origin of the laws of the universe, therefore evolution is junk. Gotcha!

i've never called micro-evolution junk. it's wonderful that a species can adapt to its environment and pass that on to future generations. it gives hope to az's kids. adaptability is a cool design feature and we now see it in many of the products we are creating in industry.

my point is that i believe there are many valid theories for what has happened here beyond that. just extrapolating micro-evolution up to the macro level and asserting that we all got here from the same pile of protoplasm is an extraordinary leap, rife with inconsistencies and doubts shared by some very accomplished scientific minds. and if the odds of it all starting that way are unfathomable, then it does lead to questioning the whole thing.

There it is - at last, the true motivation. Thank you.

The only thing creationism has created is trumped-up charges of evolution attacking God for the purpose of gaining converts and maintaining control over its fundamentalist flock.

i was kidding ... man, somebody sure has wound you tight on this topic.