[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Machida

budlitebrad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great card tonight. Even though we got beat by the UK :wacko:, there were a lot of good fights, especially Diego-Diaz.

I was unimpressed outside of the Lytle/Kyle and Sanchez/Guida fight. DeMarquis Johnson just looked like he wasn't ready for the big show and that he was going to walk through everyone to win the finale. He's with Jeremy Horn, so he can still be something good here. I thought the judges were high, as I thought Pearson lost his fight with Winner, and then the Sanchez/Guida debacle. I've talked to a few of my friends that are longtime die hard MMA guys, and all four of us agreed that Sanchez won the first round 10-8. We all thought Sanchez won the next two rounds 10-9. Yes Guida had Sanchez on his back, but Diego was the aggresor the entire time with those nasty elbows, and attempts at subs. For one judge to give the fight to Guida is embaressing. I guess it's not a massive deal, as Diego still won, but judges like that drive me nuts. It's as if they don't know what they're scoring on.

I'll also say that as a fighter I don't think Guida is that special, but the dude refuses to TKO'd. There are very few guys that take the kind of punishment he does and keeps on plugging away.

And as a fan of the Diaz bros... It's time for Nick to explain to Nate that he can't fight the way Nick does. He doesn't have the strength, skill, or accuracy to fight that way. It's time for Nate to go back to the drawing board.

I was unimpressed outside of the Lytle/Kyle and Sanchez/Guida fight. DeMarquis Johnson just looked like he wasn't ready for the big show and that he was going to walk through everyone to win the finale. He's with Jeremy Horn, so he can still be something good here. I thought the judges were high, as I thought Pearson lost his fight with Winner, and then the Sanchez/Guida debacle. I've talked to a few of my friends that are longtime die hard MMA guys, and all four of us agreed that Sanchez won the first round 10-8. We all thought Sanchez won the next two rounds 10-9. Yes Guida had Sanchez on his back, but Diego was the aggresor the entire time with those nasty elbows, and attempts at subs. For one judge to give the fight to Guida is embaressing. I guess it's not a massive deal, as Diego still won, but judges like that drive me nuts. It's as if they don't know what they're scoring on.

I'll also say that as a fighter I don't think Guida is that special, but the dude refuses to TKO'd. There are very few guys that take the kind of punishment he does and keeps on plugging away.

And as a fan of the Diaz bros... It's time for Nick to explain to Nate that he can't fight the way Nick does. He doesn't have the strength, skill, or accuracy to fight that way. It's time for Nate to go back to the drawing board.

I agree with most of your thoughts here. I thought Lytle/Kyle was phenomenal. Those two just stood toe to toe and let it loose for three rounds. It is amazing the stamina that both those guys possess. Props to them for putting on such a great show. The mutual respect they showed for each other when the final horn sounded was great as well.

I also thought the Diego-Guida match was an entertaining one. You hit the nail on the head in regards to Guida. He never gives up and never stops moving, which overcomes some of his talent deficiency. I didn't even realize that one of the judges gave the fight to Guida, as we watched at a Buffalo Wild Wings and they had music playing, so, I had no sound.

The other fights were pretty ho-hum to me, and I wasn't overly impressed with anyone.

Can't wait for July 11th. My two best friends and I meet up once a year, now, that we've all moved away from one another. We are gong to the Phillies-Pirates on Saturday July 11 & Sunday. We will walk straight from Citizens Bank Park to Chicky & Pete's and watch the fights. Should be a fun night.

• 4 months later...

Wow... Really unfortunate that Shogun didn't get that decision. He was the better fighter tonight, and everybody except the judges knew it... Shogun, Machida, Dana White, the crowd... Everybody. What a joke.

Edited by Gopher