[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Masters

Squeegiebo

In addition to my fantasy golf league, I participate in a Masters pool each year. Each entrant selects 8 golfers. The winner is the one whose 8 combined earn the most $ in the Masters.

If I had to select my 8 today, I'd pick (not necessarily in this order):

1. Tiger Woods

2. Phil Mickelson

3. Ernie Els

4. Vijay Singh

5. Adam Scott

6. Padraig Harrington

7. Fred Couples

8. Scott Verplank

Who do yinz guys like? shrug

Down Goes Frazia:

Don't forget bout the defending champ....... as much as I love Freddy( he IS from Seattle after all )...... I still think Weir is a better pick.

I gotta take a sleeper or two to distinguish my team from the pack. I figure the majority of people will pick Weir, but few will pick Verplank or Couples. Weir hasn't been exactly kicking butt thus far this year.

Although I am suddely flooded by memories of a certain team who had Weir in last year's league but decided not to play him in the Masters because Weir missed the cut the week before and she thought Leonard, DiMarco, and Faxon was the safer play. wall_bas

less than a week away. head_ban

Hey Squeeg.... I didn't take yer boy. hope he doesn't burn me. I just don't see him winning both the TPC & Augusta. shrug So far the draft is as follows......

1 - Tiger

Fraz - Mickelson brow

3 - VJ

4 - Love

5 - Els

6 - Weir

7 - Appleby lol

8 - Harrington

Fraz - Goosen brow

10 - Toms

11 - Olazabal

Fraz - Sergio eek!

13 - Scott

14 - Clarke

15 - Perry

16 - Verplank

fraz

...... would love Campbell to fall to 19... gotta feeling he may.Took maybe a early flyer on Garcia but I like him here. He looked good in the Tavistock Cup earlier this week.... new dedication to his swing & game. We shall see.

Down Goes Frazia:

less than a week away.    head_ban

Hey Squeeg.... I didn't take yer boy. hope he doesn't burn me. I just don't see him winning both the TPC & Augusta. shrug  So far the draft is as follows......

1 - Tiger

Fraz - Mickelson    brow

3 - VJ

4 - Love

5 - Els

6 - Weir

7 - Appleby    lol

8 - Harrington

Fraz - Goosen brow

10 - Toms

11 - Olazabal

Fraz - Sergio    eek!   

13 - Scott

14 - Clarke

15 - Perry

16 - Verplank

fraz

...... would love Campbell to fall to 19... gotta feeling he may.Took maybe a early flyer on Garcia but I like him here. He looked good in the Tavistock Cup earlier this week.... new dedication to his swing & game. We shall see.

Sergio over Adam? big_shoc

Who is the jackass who took DL3 over Els, Harrington, and Weir? Is Davis' back magically all better now?

Down Goes Frazia:

gotta roll the dice sometimes..... he's got the lowest odds to win this year @ 7-2..... even Tiger is 7-1. I'll take my chances.

shrug Most places I've seen have Phil at 7-1, and Tiger either 4-1 or 7-2.

Cordo:

Down Goes Frazia:

gotta roll the dice sometimes..... he's got the lowest odds to win this year @ 7-2..... even Tiger is 7-1. I'll take my chances.

shrug Most places I've seen have Phil at 7-1, and Tiger either 4-1 or 7-2. I must have had it backwards. :confused: I still like Mickelson this weekend.... just gotta feeling it's time. Just checked again & presently Tiger is @ 9-2 & Phil @ 10-1. eek!

Down Goes Frazia:

Hey Squeeg    coach .... where you at ? It's the day before Augusta & haven't heard from you all week ! shrug

Nutt'in but a coffee clutch... the couch & USA network tommorrow baby. head_ban 

Word. head_ban

Actually, my stupid brother scheduled his wisdom teeth extraction for Thursday afternoon, so I'll have to tape the first round coverage. angry Friday through Sunday, my ass will be parked in front of the TVs - one with the Masters on, the other hooked up to the PS2 so I can play Tiger Woods golf while I watch. :cool:

BTW: PGATour.com's fantasy insider likes all three of my boys - Mickelson, Scott and Verplank. Team Squeegiebo will beat that ass this week! smash

I know it is still really early, but Justin Rose is currently atop the leaderboard. I did not start him. I am having terrible flashbacks to last year when I did not start Mike Weir.

If Rose wins this thing, I may actually walk up to a brick wall and wall_bas until my brains fall out.

Kinda cool story, my buddy wins a badge to go to the Masters....he's playing in a golf tourney somewhere outside of Augusta, goes to the bar after the tourney and has a beer w/Payton Manning. He emailed me a pic for verification. There were a few other celebs there too, but he only saw Manning at the bar.

What a ****y lucker...

Down Goes Frazia:

Don't forget bout the defending champ....... as much as I love Freddy( he IS from Seattle after all )...... I still think Weir is a better pick.

Good call on that one. I actually changed my pick from Couples to Weir too. wall_bas

However, good call on Sergio over Adam. take_a_b

And Justin Rose still the leader. bawling