[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stanley Cup Finals

chiefjay

Figured I better start ths thread quickly since the series starts on Saturday, back to back at the Joe.

Hopefully Datsyuk and Nick are healthy otherwise will be tough for the Wings to take this thing.

Hugh / Menudo / Jax / lesbian, Hossa looked good last night, man among boys.

I figured that would get you riled up.

No betting from me. Hoping for a good series.

Figured I better start ths thread quickly since the series starts on Saturday, back to back at the Joe.

Hopefully Datsyuk and Nick are healthy otherwise will be tough for the Wings to take this thing.

Hugh / Menudo / Jax / lesbian, Hossa looked good last night, man among boys.

I figured that would get you riled up.

No betting from me. Hoping for a good series.

:wacko:

As to Hossa, the hockey God's don't like p*ssy's that take more money because they think they have a slightly better chance at winning the Cup with another team. I can't think of a sweeter sports moment for me personally than watching that piece of sh*t have to watch the Pens hoist the Cup this year. Nope, nothing even comes close. Unfortunately, the Wings are probably as good if not better than last year, so we'll see if the Penguins are improved as well.

As to Hossa, the hockey God's don't like p*ssy's that take more money because they think they have a slightly better chance at winning the Cup with another team.

Umm, didn't that dick take less money to go to a team that he felt had a shot at winning the cup?

This is going to end in either the sweetest of victories or the most bitter of defeats.

I hope Hossa fans on as many shots for you guys as he did for us last year.

Well, we lost Hossa and Malone, both of which have never won a Stanley cup, and added Fedotenko, Guerin, and Kunitz, all of which have won Stanley Cups. Not sure if that means anything, but at this point I'll take whatever I can get. :wacko:

I think the Pens have to have a hugh advantage going in to this series. They are healthy and hitting their stride and the Wings are really banged up and you can see them tiring. The young replacements have looked good though, and that gives me hope, but this is going to be a long battle and I am just not sure if the Wings have the legs. Especially with the messed up scheduling of back to back games this weekend and 4 games in 6 days. Brutal.

:D

As to Hossa, the hockey God's don't like p*ssy's that take more money because they think they have a slightly better chance at winning the Cup with another team. I can't think of a sweeter sports moment for me personally than watching that piece of sh*t have to watch the Pens hoist the Cup this year. Nope, nothing even comes close. Unfortunately, the Wings are probably as good if not better than last year, so we'll see if the Penguins are improved as well.

This is going to end in either the sweetest of victories or the most bitter of defeats.

I hope Hossa fans on as many shots for you guys as he did for us last year.

Well said. I'm fired up already, and we still have two days to wait. :wacko: Go Pens !!!!!!!

Edited by Menudo

Oh, and after re-reading my comments, I just wanted to remind you all that I'm not the least bit bitter about Hossa leavng the Pens and going to the Red Wings. :wacko:

:D

Watching the game last night, I still think the Wings are every bit as good as they were last year. Even with key guys hurting / out, they control the puck with great speed and phenomenal passing, get shots on goal, and play great defense. The Pens and in particular Fleury are going to have to bring their A+ game to win this thing.

The thing I don't get about the Hossa hatrid is that he was traded to Pittsburgh during last year. It's not like he was a long time Penn and left the team for the best shot. Obviously he could've signed with Pitt but opted for Detroit.

but I do get it, no one likes to be spurned especially for the reason of their place is a better shot at the cup then your place.

The thing I don't get about the Hossa hatrid is that he was traded to Pittsburgh during last year. It's not like he was a long time Penn and left the team for the best shot. Obviously he could've signed with Pitt but opted for Detroit.

but I do get it, no one likes to be spurned especially for the reason of their place is a better shot at the cup then your place.

The issue is this for me. I've got no problem with a guy signing somewhere to improve his chances of winning a cup. If Hossa played for an awful team with little chance of winning, going to the Wings wouldn't be a problem. However, to take less money to leave a team that just made it to the Stanley Cup Finals and say that your reason was to win a cup is what infuriates we Penguins fans. If we can be holding up the cup, while his head hangs in the background, it will be a beautiful thing and should immediately be put on posters, t-shirts, etc.

The issue is this for me. I've got no problem with a guy signing somewhere to improve his chances of winning a cup. If Hossa played for an awful team with little chance of winning, going to the Wings wouldn't be a problem. However, to take less money to leave a team that just made it to the Stanley Cup Finals and say that your reason was to win a cup is what infuriates we Penguins fans. If we can be holding up the cup, while his head hangs in the background, it will be a beautiful thing and should immediately be put on posters, t-shirts, etc.

Add to the fact that he took a f*cking 1 year deal for to go to the Wings when the Pens were offering 4 is just an absolute kick in the nuts. 4 years at 7.5 and he goes to the Wings for 1 year for 7. I mean, are you f*cking kidding me you piece of sh*t? Again, if he was leaving the Islanders under those circumstances I'd have no problem with it, I understand wanting to win a Cup, that's what motivates everyone. However, he basically insulted the Penguins franchise that was in the Stanley Cup Finals that year by walking out on them for less f*cking money. Let me once again just remind you all that I am not bitter at all. :wacko:

Watching the game last night, I still think the Wings are every bit as good as they were last year. Even with key guys hurting / out, they control the puck with great speed and phenomenal passing, get shots on goal, and play great defense. The Pens and in particular Fleury are going to have to bring their A+ game to win this thing.

The loss of Draper isnt significant with the emergence of Helm, outside of Drapers faceoff prowess. Eriksson has been very good this post season and should be back but they can manage without him. There is no replacing Datsyuk and without Lidstrom they wont win. The Blackhawks are a good young team but nowhere near as good as the Pens have been in the playoffs. With or without those guys I think the Wings can skate with the Pens offensively, but without Datsyuk and Lidstrom they wont be able to contain Malkin and Crosby. Rub some dirt on it boys and lace up!

The loss of Draper isnt significant with the emergence of Helm, outside of Drapers faceoff prowess. Eriksson has been very good this post season and should be back but they can manage without him. There is no replacing Datsyuk and without Lidstrom they wont win. The Blackhawks are a good young team but nowhere near as good as the Pens have been in the playoffs. With or without those guys I think the Wings can skate with the Pens offensively, but without Datsyuk and Lidstrom they wont be able to contain Malkin and Crosby. Rub some dirt on it boys and lace up!

I agree. When Chelios was on the ice last night, the Blackhawks were buzzing all around the net and Osgood had to make some spectacular saves. The Hawks young guns are good, but aren't yet in the level of Crosby/Malkin. If the Pens can put that kind of pressure on like Chicago did last night, Osgood is toast. He's played quite well of late, but he won't be able to withstand the barrage the Pens can lay on him.

Add to the fact that he took a f*cking 1 year deal for to go to the Wings when the Pens were offering 4 is just an absolute kick in the nuts. 4 years at 7.5 and he goes to the Wings for 1 year for 7. I mean, are you f*cking kidding me you piece of sh*t? Again, if he was leaving the Islanders under those circumstances I'd have no problem with it, I understand wanting to win a Cup, that's what motivates everyone. However, he basically insulted the Penguins franchise that was in the Stanley Cup Finals that year by walking out on them for less f*cking money. Let me once again just remind you all that I am not bitter at all. :wacko:

I understand the point but it was a calculated gamble on his part that may pay off big time. Given the season he's had I think he'll get an even better offer from another team if the Wings are unable to sign him again. That and he may just get the Cup he was after is the perfect scenario for him. Smart dude.

Oh and GO WINGS!!

Smart dude.

If they lose to the Pens the move is a lot of things, but smart won't be one of them, and Pens fans will rejoice and never let him forget it. And it would be even sweeter if he never gets another shot at it.

If they lose to the Pens the move is a lot of things, but smart won't be one of them, and Pens fans will rejoice and never let him forget it. And it would be even sweeter if he never gets another shot at it.

I understand the bitterness and probably would be as well. But lets try and look at this objectively. The Pens had a mediocre regular season and really had to turn it on to make the playoffs. They were able to make some key mid-season adjustments to get there, and not least of which was fire their coach. The others were cup winners that seemed to level out the roster and put them where they are now. Which brings me to my 2 points, Hossa wanted the best chance to win a cup and if you look at recent trends (recent being the last 12 years) the Wings give him the best chance. My second point is maybe Hossa saw the writing on the wall with that frog ex coach of yours and wanted no part. Only Hossa can answer these questions and I doubt he is talking. I would say that with Hossa on the Pens they cannot pick up the 3 or 4 guys they snagged that seem to be making a big difference.

I understand the bitterness and probably would be as well. But lets try and look at this objectively. The Pens had a mediocre regular season and really had to turn it on to make the playoffs. They were able to make some key mid-season adjustments to get there, and not least of which was fire their coach. The others were cup winners that seemed to level out the roster and put them where they are now. Which brings me to my 2 points, Hossa wanted the best chance to win a cup and if you look at recent trends (recent being the last 12 years) the Wings give him the best chance. My second point is maybe Hossa saw the writing on the wall with that frog ex coach of yours and wanted no part. Only Hossa can answer these questions and I doubt he is talking. I would say that with Hossa on the Pens they cannot pick up the 3 or 4 guys they snagged that seem to be making a big difference.

Hey, take your logic and shove it up your ass, Hossa is the debbil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, take your logic and shove it up your ass, Hossa is the debbil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a transplanted Wings fan living in the burbs of Chicago I may not have room to do that with all of the other stuff I have been told to shove up there.

Well, game 1 is in the books and it was every bit the exciting game I thought it would be. What's a shame is the Pens came out with the intensity and desire they need to win this series, yet still came up short. That's what happens sometimes when you're facing Goliath. The faceoffs were brutal and that's something that needs to change. The Wings took 71% of the faceoffs even without one of their best faceoff guys in Draper. And that just doesn't cut it no matter how you look at it for the Pens. Detroit is a puck control team and to give them possession right off the bat like that is asking for trouble.

I won't even comment about the lucky bounces as that's what happens sometimes in hockey. Hell, if the Pens don't get a couple lucky bounces they don't even make it past the Caps series. I was very impressed and at the same time amazed that Detroit turned the puck over as many times as they did. The Pens need to try and use the lively boards to their advantage also. The Pens D for the most part did an awesome job of clogging up the middle and the passing lanes so the Wings just do the next best thing and dump it in hard off the boards. It's like getting a free juicy rebound and ultimately the Pens paid for it with Stuart's first goal of the game. Fleury needs to stay in his crease unless he's absolutely certain he can cover the puck. Goal #2 was a result of a wrong guess and a great play by whoever it was(escapes me right now) that fed the puck up over him for goal #2. Both goalies played great though IMO, but MAF made a couple mistakes that cost him. Osgood was tremendous as he has been in the playoffs. Pens outshot Detroit in their own building and that just doesn't happen very frequently. Keep shooting the puck Pens, especially on the PP. The Wings are among(if not THE)best at killing penalties. Only 3 penalties in this game and I must say I like that. That shows me both teams played disciplined hockey and that's the way you have to play in the finals.

Well, game 2 tonight and I have to get my sh*t together and do my yard work and laundry so I'm ready. Here's to an exciting series and hopefully the outcome is different tonight. LET'S GO PENS!!!!