[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Experts Mock Draft (PPR)

Primetime9287

I agree... LT/Portis is a great way to start. I'd definitely try to nab 3 WR's in the next 4-5 picks, but that's a potentially great backfield.

Others I think could be solid:

Fitz/Barber - Obviously, a lot depends on Dallas RB situation, but Barber's going to catch his share of balls and get a lot of goalline looks, regardless.

Forte/Jennings - Both should catch their share of passes.

Jackson/Slaton - Another pretty good set of backs in a PPR league, if Jackson can stay healthy.

Not a fan of these particular pairs:

D. Williams/S. Smith - The fact that they're teammates, combined with the question of how much JStew will impact the RB situation, presents too much risk, IMO.

Gore/Moss - I don't know... something about this start just smells of fantasy frustration/mediocrity.

Chris Johnson/Wayne - Might turn out OK, but I'm much more happy to have CJ as my #2 guy than my #1.

Turner/Jacobs - Could be great from a TD perspective... Receptions will be limited, though.

The AJ/CJ WR combo is intriguing... It will be interesting to see how that team turns out at RB (and I'm sure will add fuel to the WR/WR debate).

The other three don't have a second player yet... Love AP at #2, MJD at #1 not so much. Westbrook has a lot of upside in a PPR league, but with the number of various offensive weapons that the Eagles have added in the last two drafts, I would have a hard time grabbing him before the middle of the first round, myself. I think, of any offense in the NFL, I'm most anxious to see how their many pieces are used, and who are the odd men out, as far as touches go from a fantasy perspective.

Tuvey is doing that mock and we chatted about that pick. I strongly prefer Colston over White who will have Tony Gonzalez there to take some action and their schedule is much more daunting this season as well. Roddy White is a fine pick, don't get me wrong, but he's also not big on TDs which could be even less with Gonzo there. Colston had a bad 2008 but that was due to injury. He got healthier as the season progressed and ended with 4 TDs over the final three games and 307 yards. Colston has the #1 QB passing to him. He was also considering Wes Welker since it was a PPR league but the final choice was between Colston and White.

For the want of one year, here were their stats:

2007 White 88-1202 yds 6 TDs

2007 Colston 98-1202 yds 11 TDs

White did pick up Ryan last year of course and went to 88-1382 7 TDs

Will all of Gonzo's stats be in addition to what White does or at the expense of what White does?

Tuvey is doing that mock and we chatted about that pick. I strongly prefer Colston over White who will have Tony Gonzalez there to take some action and their schedule is much more daunting this season as well. Roddy White is a fine pick, don't get me wrong, but he's also not big on TDs which could be even less with Gonzo there. Colston had a bad 2008 but that was due to injury. He got healthier as the season progressed and ended with 4 TDs over the final three games and 307 yards. Colston has the #1 QB passing to him. He was also considering Wes Welker since it was a PPR league but the final choice was between Colston and White.

Will all of Gonzo's stats be in addition to what White does or at the expense of what White does?

I think there's room for both. White might lose some receptions, but gain some yards and TD's as the overall passing game improves. :wacko:

DMD - while we're talking about ATL - would you take Turner this year considering he went over the 370-carry mark last year? Some of us were discussing it in another post.

While I tremendously respect your opinion.

Colston had microfracture surgery and White didn't. That alone scares me

I think there's room for both. White might lose some receptions, but gain some yards and TD's as the overall passing game improves. :wacko:

DMD - while we're talking about ATL - would you take Turner this year considering he went over the 370-carry mark last year? Some of us were discussing it in another post.

I would probably take Turner later than many people would and I am expecting that he probably will always be taken before I reach him in drafts. He doesn't catch much at all and the Falcons are going from a slightly favorable schedule to having one of the worst ones in the league. He's a great runner with a very good offensive line and Gonzo may actually help the rushing game but I am a little cooler on Turner. IN non-PPR leagues he is much better. Preliminary projections I have are 1400/13 TD and 6-40 REC.

While I tremendously respect your opinion.

Colston had microfracture surgery and White didn't. That alone scares me

Understandable but at this early date, all signs are that Colston has been running and is expected to be readyfor training camp. If that does not prove so then he would obviously drop. They just fixed a small hole in his kneecap and not a tear.

White over Colston for me. I'll take the guy who has trended up over the last few seasons and is not coming off of an injury as Colston is. Gonzo may help the Atlanta offense a lot and only slightly hurt White's numbers IMO.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat. I see your logic, I personally would have just gone the other direction :wacko:

Are the ekspurts just not paying attention? If there was a trend in FF, it's that you can get your RBs later in a ppr format and do very well with 2 RB2s and a stable of stud WRs starting for you. The game has tilted significantly to WRs doing very well - yet we have 10 of the first 11 and 14 of the first 21 picks RBs. The NFL has picked up on it - look how RBs dropped like rocks in the draft after the top tier was gone. How do the number crunching geeks not follow suit?

Me thinks there will be at least half the the RB grabbers disappointed by the time it is all said & done.

Hard to believe Moss slips to #14 with Brady coming back. That pick has value written all over it. If Toolbox would have paired him with AJ in the first they'd be my early favorites.

And the huddle is up again . . . .

RB?

WR? (maybe Dwayne Bowe?)

Qb? Manning?

RBs have flattened. No value there at all. No value at QB either - way too early.

Boldin would be a solid pick. Too early for Bowe. Bryant and Marshall are way too dicey. Gonzalez is some tremendous value right now, and if were my draft I'd be very, very hard pressed to pass on him there.

RBs have flattened. No value there at all. No value at QB either - way too early.

Boldin would be a solid pick. Too early for Bowe. Bryant and Marshall are way too dicey. Gonzalez is some tremendous value right now, and if were my draft I'd be very, very hard pressed to pass on him there.

If this were a dynasty Id be looking at Bowe, Marshall and then Boldin. But with it being PPR redraft, I think the easy choice is Welker. 100+ catches again, and tds back to the 6-9 range with Brady back under center. $$$

If this were a dynasty Id be looking at Bowe, Marshall and then Boldin. But with it being PPR redraft, I think the easy choice is Welker. 100+ catches again, and tds back to the 6-9 range with Brady back under center. $$

+1 to both. I'd say Welker is the pick, but Gonzo would probably be money there as well in a TE req league.

i think Boldin is THE pick....for one I think he stays put in ARZ this year and 2nd does anyone know who the #2 overall(Includes QBs) scorer in PPG last year was in this format? http://football2.myfantasyleague.com/2009/...=*&SORT=AVG

+1

well, welker was the pick...and fwiw, i just dont see it...in 2007 with Brady having a year for the ages Welker ranked 32 in PPG at 17.57 (112 catches for 1175 yards with 8 TDs)...Do people see Welker eclipsing those numbers let alone meeting them again? Meeting them maybe(call me doubtful) but no way he eclipses them and even if he did it wouldnt be by much...Boldin, imo was the pick there

Edited by keggerz