[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hockey Playoff Predictions

Hugh 0ne

No sooner do we open out mouths about Raycroft and Theodore, boom, Raycroft looks like a sieve and Theodore looks like an all-star. Bruins better win this thing in 6 or Montreal will have a lot of momentum going into game 7.

(the really bad word)ing Canadians. :mad:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensai H1:

No sooner do we open out mouths about Raycroft and Theodore, boom, Raycroft looks like a sieve and Theodore looks like an all-star. Bruins better win this thing in 6 or Montreal will have a lot of momentum going into game 7.

Theodore IS an all-star..... he's just surrounded by alotta players that are not. God he looked good last night and with absolutely no defense in front of him.... he got peppered again to the tune of 42 shots. eek! He's the only reason the Habs are still play'in.

Originally posted by Sensai H1:

And where's band wagon boy Spain this morning after his "mighty" Preds got beaten like a rented mule?

CuJo looked sharp... considering the lack of PT lately. Datsyuk had 2 of the prettiest helpers I've seen to Hull & Zetterberg.... therein lies the key to the Wings sucess..... if that line scores.... they win, IMHO.

Congrats to the Sharks, first team through to the next round. thumbs_u

I believe I picked the Sharks in 5. brow :P head_ban

coach And the Canucklepucks are in deep do-do. Kiprusoff has absolutely stoned them..... unless thay get traffic in front of the net....I don't think Vancouver can beat him. In that regard they really miss Bertuzzi. thinking

Sensai H1:

Rooting for the Canadiens, against the Sox.

Hmmm thinking

Sensai H1:

And where's band wagon boy Spain this morning after his "mighty" Preds got beaten like a rented mule?

Congrats to the Sharks, first team through to the next round. thumbs_u 

Like I said in my previous post, nobody expected the Preds to take one from the Dead Wings, much less 2 games. They aleady have 2 games in the bag and will get their 3rd Saturday at the GEC. And if not, the Preds still did more than expected. And the Red Wings still have to live in that steaming cesspool of filth called Dirtroit.

Originally posted by spain:

Go back to the 1st page of this thread and read how you eggsperts were predicting a Red Wing sweep. Some folks said the Preds might win 1. Well, Nashville has outplayed Dirtroit in 3 out of 4 games. The Wings are lucky that the series is tied, 2-2.

.... well Spainalicious..... you Preds got their ass handed to them over the weekend as "most of us eggspirts on the 1st. page of this thread" said they would. wink Ironically it was by a player that wasn't even in the fold @ the start of the series.... that being CuJo.

A 2-0 stoning @ home in their first elimination game...... gimme experience over youth in the play-offs every time. thinking

Down Goes Frazia:

3 game 7's in the next 2 days thumbs_u

and best of all for H-1 we say goodbye to 2 maybe 3 teams from up north. brow 

'Sup with the Bruins? Can you say meltdown? Gonna be tough to win tonight, as ALL the momentum has swung the other way. They had 'em by the balls. (the really bad word)ing Canadians. :mad:

Big Sens OT win last night. That game 7 should be a dandy, but I give the edge to the Leafs. What's with teams not being able to close out at home? Flames? Bruins? etc.

At least we won't need to listen to Spain over here for a while, he can go back to the Tailgate and hang out with his buddy polksalet.

I haven't been checking in very much and just found this thread. thumbs_u

Only have two things to say....

Can you believe that Svatos kid :D

and

coach GO AVS coach

Originally posted by Sensai H1:

What's with teams not being able to close out at home? Flames? Bruins? etc.

.... home ice never seems to be the edge in the play-offs that homefield is in other sports. thinking Maybe it has to do with every series being 7 games.... I dunno. shrug Even if you've got home ice advantage..... you can still possibly play up to 12 road games during the play-offs.

What's with teams not being able to close out at home? Flames? Bruins? etc.

.... home ice never seems to be the edge in the play-offs that homefield is in other sports.

Home ice, Home Field, Home court, really isn't too much of an advantage in any sport, but I certainly don't mean to take the thread in that direction. Hockey is competitive, the teams are even, there may even be added pressure to win at home... no real reason, teams don't want to go home, maybe the teams down 3-2 play with more emotion..

coach let's go flames!

it's not that i'm afraid of detroit, but i'd like to see them have to play calgary before the avs use them like a cheap blow-up doll in the conference finals. brow

and a sharks/avs series should be a lot of fun to watch, like it was two years ago. cool_thu

it's fitting that the toronto/ottawa and habs/b's series should both go 7. great rivalries, there. both game 7s could easily go either way, but i kind of like both road teams.

Originally posted by Down Goes Frazia:

Raycroft vs. Theodore. gimme #60 in red. smash

Canadians in 6.

Originally posted by Chavez:

Habs over Bruins? Please. Even if Raycroft falters, they have a solid #2 in Felix, plus more offensive firepower than the Canadiens as well.

.... just got home from a 5+ hour Mariner game (M's win on a balk in the bottom 14th.).... had to get this in before I hit the sack. wink :P

Can I get some frigg'in luv here Chavez ? shrug head_ban My boy Theodore showed the rookie what play-off goal-tending is all about. smash

Grading myself:

xMRogers:

Tampa Bay vs. New York - Lightning in 6

Off by a game - right team

Boston vs. Montreal -  Canadians in 6

Off by a game - right team.

Devils vs. Philly -  Flyers in 7

Off by two games - right team

Toronto vs. Ottawa - Toronto in 6

Off by a game - we'll see on team

THE WEST

Detroit vs. Nashville -  Detroit in 4

Off by two games - right team

San Jose vs. St. Louis - St Louis in 6

Wrong team  :D

Vancouver vs. Calgary -  Vancouver in 5

Wrong team  :rolleyes:

Colorado vs. Dallas -  Colorado in 7

Off by a game (I think) - right team

So if Toronto wins, got 6 out of 8, and only off on number of games widely a few times. Not bad, not great.

Doctor H-1:

Tampa Bay vs. New York - Lightning in 5    brow

Boston vs. Montreal -  Bruins in 7    :mad: Wrong team, right games.

Devils vs. Philly -  Devils in 6    :mad: Wrong team, wrong games.

Toronto vs. Ottawa - Toronto in 6

THE WEST

Detroit vs. Nashville -  Detroit in 4 Right team, off by 2 games.

San Jose vs. St. Louis - San Jose in 6 Right team, off by 1 game.

Vancouver vs. Calgary - Flames in 7.    brow

Colorado vs. Dallas -  Colorado in 6  Right team, off by 1 game.

So I nailed 2 right on the head, got 2 teams wrong, and will be 6 of 8 if Toronto wins tonight.

Still can't believe how easily the Devils rolled over and how badly the Bruins meldted down. :mad:

Bier Meister:

East:

Tampa: 5 games-> got it

Boston: 6-> missed team, missed series by 1 game

Philly: 6-> missed by 1 game

Ott: 7-> hit series, team tbd

West:

Det: 5 ->missed by 1 game

SJ: 6->missed by 1 game

Van: 5->missed team, missed by 2 games

Col 6->missed by 1 game

so.......

5/7 in picking teams

hit 2 series

others missed by a collective 7 games

Down Goes Frazia:

Thorne, Clemente & Panger check'in in here.......

Lightning / Isles-

too much firepower in TB for the Islanders to survive. 5 or 6 20-goal scorers & a bazillion helpers..... with the best netminding "tandem" (sorry for the quote abuse H-1    )..... in the league. They got a taste of what it's like in the playoffs last year... I like TB in 5.

Bruins / Habs -

Raycroft vs. Theodore. gimme #60 in red.

Canadians in 6.

Flyers/Devils-

gonna be some blood on the ice here.    I rode Philly all year on the puddle so I ain't gonna jump off the bandwagon now. Esche is better than some think when healthy.... Philly in 7.

Maple Leafs / Senators-

wow is right. firepower city here. Still like the addition of Leetch more than anything Ottawa did @ the deadline including Bondra who may be hurt. And the way Belfour is playing heading into the dance I gotta give the edge to toronto. Lalime has been a sieve @ times because he's used to so much goal support, IMHO. Prusek has actually played better when given the chance.

Toronto in 6.

RedWings / Preds-

Detroit in 4....... done. 

Sharks / Blues-

love San Jose. they're gonna suprise.  St. Louis back doors into the dance & are shaky at best IMO. Osgood is gonna get peppered.    eek!   

San Jose is 5.

Canucks / Flames-

Vancouver has somewhat righted the ship after the Bertuzzi incident. They finished strong..... made some good moves especially adding Rucinsky.... but goaltending is a concern. Kiprusoff is hell & gone from Cloutier / Hedberg.... but I still like the Canuckleheads to advance in 6.

Avs / Stars-

Avs, Avs, Avs..... even without Kariya. Dallas scares me... but I hate the Stars with everything I got ..... kinda like H-1 & his friendly neighbors to the north. It's a deep embedded hatred that stems from my beloved Northstars being moved to Dallas in the 80's. We will never forget. Colorado in 6.

7 outta 8 if the Leafs finish the job tonight.

1.) - TB in 5. thumbs_u

2.) - Theodore in 6. brow - close enough

3.) - Flyers in 7 - see above wink

4.) - Sharks in 5 thumbs_u

5.) - Wings in 4 doah

6.) - Avs in 6 shrug

7.) - Canucklepucks in 6 bawling

Down Goes Frazia

Raycroft vs. Theodore. gimme #60 in red.    smash   

Canadians in 6.

Originally posted by Chavez:

Habs over Bruins? Please. Even if Raycroft falters, they have a solid #2 in Felix, plus more offensive firepower than the Canadiens as well.

.... just got home from a 5+ hour Mariner game (M's win on a balk in the bottom 14th.).... had to get this in before I hit the sack. wink      :P

Can I get some frigg'in luv here Chavez ?    shrug      head_ban      My boy Theodore showed the rookie what play-off goal-tending is all about. smash

About all I'm able to give right now is wall_bas

all right I'll start round 2.

Tampa Bay / Montreal -

Theodore keeps the Habs in it again..... but this ain't Boston here. Too much firepower from the lightning.

Tampa in 6

Philly / Toronto-

Can Esche match up with Belfour.... maybe-maybe not, but the Philly defense & physical play will be too much for the Toronto forwards, IMO. Could be the best series of the 2nd. round.

Flyers in 7

Calgary / Detroit-

The Flames impressed the sh*t outta me vs. Vancouver..... they're hungry & Kiprusoff can be unstoppable @ times. But CuJo showed his worth in the final 2 games vs. Nashville & I believe Detroit moves on for another (and maybe the last) showdown with Colorado in the western finals.

Wings in 7

Avs - Sharks-

I'm torn... I luv San Jose and how they play the game. They've been under-rated all year & showed their strength in rd. 1. But that was against a very suspect St. Louis team that had 1 line that could score.

Enter the Avs........ with 4 lines that score & most importantly a healthy Forsberg.

Avs in 6

Down Goes Frazia:

all right I'll start round 2.

Tampa Bay / Montreal -

Theodore keeps the Habs in it again..... but this ain't Boston here. Too much firepower from the lightning.

Tampa in 6

Philly / Toronto-

Can Esche match up with Belfour.... maybe-maybe not, but the Philly defense & physical play will be too much for the Toronto forwards, IMO. Could be the best series of the 2nd. round.

Flyers in 7

Calgary / Detroit-

The Flames impressed the sh*t outta me vs. Vancouver..... they're hungry & Kiprusoff can be unstoppable @ times. But CuJo showed his worth in the final 2 games vs. Nashville & I believe Detroit moves on for another (and maybe the last) showdown with Colorado in the western finals.

Wings in 7

Avs - Sharks-

I'm torn... I luv San Jose and how they play the game. They've been under-rated all year & showed their strength in rd. 1. But that was against a very suspect St. Louis team that had 1 line that could score.

Enter the Avs........ with 4 lines that score & most importantly a healthy Forsberg.

Avs in 6

Hey DGF, why don't you start a new thread. It'll clear things up a bit.