[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Car Problem

dug

I have an old '91 Toyota truck that I use to haul stuff from the barn to the kennel. It has been sitting unused in the driveway for the last 4-5 months...

I went to start it and got nothing. Just a little click, click, click. It sounded like the battery had died- so I grabbed some jumper cables and hooked it up to my other car. When I tried to start it again- got nothing. To me, that rules out the battery being an issue- right?

Any thoughts on what might happening? I am not too car savvy...

I have an old '91 Toyota truck that I use to haul stuff from the barn to the kennel. It has been sitting unused in the driveway for the last 4-5 months...

I went to start it and got nothing. Just a little click, click, click. It sounded like the battery had died- so I grabbed some jumper cables and hooked it up to my other car. When I tried to start it again- got nothing. To me, that rules out the battery being an issue- right?

I'm not too car savvy either, but the battery might be dead.

Sounds like the battery. So toasted you can't even jump it. The clicking sound is the key. A local battery joint can test it for you. If you replace the battery and get the same thing, then look at the starter (I don't think banging on it will help).

might be the solenoid too. leave the jumper cables hooked up for 10-15 minutes before trying to start the truck, if nothing still, then jump the solenoid, but be careful doing this. Make temporary contact with a screwdriver across both terminals. Solenoid If these don't work, then maybe the starter.

Edited by paulzale

Toyota

Historians outside Japan estimate that at least five million captive foreign civilians and prisoners of war were brutally murdered by the Japanese military between 1937 and 1945. To that figure, can be added hundreds of thousands of victims who were slowly murdered by starvation, disease, and beatings in Japanese prisoner of war and internment camps, and hundreds of thousands of women who were brutally raped by Japanese soldiers. The appalling rape figure includes two hundred thousand women in Japanese-occupied countries who were forced into sexual slavery in Japanese Imperial Army brothels. Finally, we cannot forget the terrible fate of hundreds of prisoners of war who were murdered by the Japanese Army's infamous Unit 731 in the course of horrible biological experiments.

Historians outside Japan estimate that at least five million captive foreign civilians and prisoners of war were brutally murdered by the Japanese military between 1937 and 1945. To that figure, can be added hundreds of thousands of victims who were slowly murdered by starvation, disease, and beatings in Japanese prisoner of war and internment camps, and hundreds of thousands of women who were brutally raped by Japanese soldiers. The appalling rape figure includes two hundred thousand women in Japanese-occupied countries who were forced into sexual slavery in Japanese Imperial Army brothels. Finally, we cannot forget the terrible fate of hundreds of prisoners of war who were murdered by the Japanese Army's infamous Unit 731 in the course of horrible biological experiments.

:wacko: never say die :D

Does the white house warranty the toyotas made here yet?

Set it on fire & go buy a Ford while you can. :wacko:

Low voltage. Replace the battery and you should be good to go.

thank tbimm

i hooked up a battery charger to it overnight and still have the same issue. does that still make it seem like the battery is still the issue?

as for all those toyota fans out there- i got the truck for free (someone was actually kind enough to make a donation to our rescue). would have taken a ford- but that would have cost money... :wacko:

thank tbimm

i hooked up a battery charger to it overnight and still have the same issue. does that still make it seem like the battery is still the issue?

as for all those toyota fans out there- i got the truck for free (someone was actually kind enough to make a donation to our rescue). would have taken a ford- but that would have cost money... :wacko:

How old is the battery? Are the terminals really corroded.

Many Toyotas have a weird positive terminal where the positive cable is bolted to the terminal itself. If that is the case here you may have to take the nut off of the top of the terminal and clean the surface where the cable meets the terminal.

A rapid clicking when the ignition switch is turned to the start position is a low voltage issue. If the battery is more than 3 years old replace it and clean the terminals and you should be all set.

If the battery won't take or hold the charge it is time for a new one.