[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas baseball fans

SLAYER

Not sure why you're going after the Rangers, but they'll be in the mix all year long. Kinsler is starting to come around, the offense will come out of the slump, the biggest problem now is the team letting Chris Davis play. They need to send him down.

The Rangers are part of Texas and they are about to fall out of first place, any other explanation needed. It also happens to be the same time the Longhorns play the Tigers for the CWS Championship.

and as awful as Davis has been at the plate he is a much better fielder than any thing else they have. I've seen him save quite a number of runs in the field this season. They need a healthy Josh and that imbecile you have as a manager to hit Cruz in the #4 or 5 hole and not 7th. And why does Jones get an automatic cleanup spot when he plays. and your pitching is starting to come back down to earth. If you need ant other reasons let me know I can provide more.

This should be a great series. Both teams have great pitching and defense. I expect the LSU offense winds up being the difference even against a tough Texas staff.

Yup. I'm obviously torn, living in Austin and being a Horn fan -- and being married into a family full of LSU fans. Never really followed UT baseball until this season, but it's been fun watching them, especially here in the CWS.

The Rangers are part of Texas and they are about to fall out of first place, any other explanation needed. It also happens to be the same time the Longhorns play the Tigers for the CWS Championship.

and as awful as Davis has been at the plate he is a much better fielder than any thing else they have. I've seen him save quite a number of runs in the field this season. They need a healthy Josh and that imbecile you have as a manager to hit Cruz in the #4 or 5 hole and not 7th. And why does Jones get an automatic cleanup spot when he plays. and your pitching is starting to come back down to earth. If you need ant other reasons let me know I can provide more.

Say what you will, but the Angels and Rangers will be battling it out for the duration of the season.

And while Davis has been lights out on defense, he's an absolute blackhole for the offense. He's three free outs. I'm anxious to see Justin Smoak step in, as he is the future at first base. He has gold glove ability, should be a 300 hitter when adjusted to the the MLB level, and above all else, he can't be worse offensively that Davis. Until then, move Jones of Blalock to first and have the other as DH.

I agree with you on Josh Hamilton needing to be healthy, which he will be in a month, as well as Cruz needing to be in the 4 spot, and that Ron Washington is an imbecile.

Millwood is still playing great ball and Padialla is playing as good as can be expected. Scott Feldman is still 5-2. Holland has had solid outings ruined by a pitch or two at the end of each outing. He's young, and still working out the cobwebs. Jennings, O'Day, Wilson and Fransico have been solid to good as well. The biggest problem has been the offensive side of the ball falling apart on them. They've got to get that going and soon.

Say what you will, but the Angels and Rangers will be battling it out for the duration of the season.

And while Davis has been lights out on defense, he's an absolute blackhole for the offense. He's three free outs. I'm anxious to see Justin Smoak step in, as he is the future at first base. He has gold glove ability, should be a 300 hitter when adjusted to the the MLB level, and above all else, he can't be worse offensively that Davis. Until then, move Jones of Blalock to first and have the other as DH.

I agree with you on Josh Hamilton needing to be healthy, which he will be in a month, as well as Cruz needing to be in the 4 spot, and that Ron Washington is an imbecile.

Millwood is still playing great ball and Padialla is playing as good as can be expected. Scott Feldman is still 5-2. Holland has had solid outings ruined by a pitch or two at the end of each outing. He's young, and still working out the cobwebs. Jennings, O'Day, Wilson and Fransico have been solid to good as well. The biggest problem has been the offensive side of the ball falling apart on them. They've got to get that going and soon.

I basically agree with everything you said and not once did I say that the Rangers would not compete for their division, I just stated that they will fall out of first in the next few days based on schedule and the way the Rangers have been playing.

As far as Blalock at first that would be total disaster whatever advantage he would give you offensively he would give up with his play in the field. Smoak is the future at first but either they don't think he is ready yet or they have another reason for not bringing him up. But i'm a firm believer in as long as RW is your manager no post season.

I basically agree with everything you said and not once did I say that the Rangers would not compete for their division, I just stated that they will fall out of first in the next few days based on schedule and the way the Rangers have been playing.

As far as Blalock at first that would be total disaster whatever advantage he would give you offensively he would give up with his play in the field. Smoak is the future at first but either they don't think he is ready yet or they have another reason for not bringing him up. But i'm a firm believer in as long as RW is your manager no post season.

Yuck... Holland/ODay/Francisco throw a gem and Texas still figures out a way to lose. Outside of Kinsler, the Rangers accumulated one hit... One hit. Rudy has got to get his guys hitting a quick. I don't know of a hitting coach that gets more press then he does.

This should be a great series. Both teams have great pitching and defense. I expect the LSU offense winds up being the difference even against a tough Texas staff.

Personally I think the series rests squarely on the shoulders of Manny Ott. Both teams are pretty evenly matched, the games will be close and the closers will come into play. Ott has been outstanding for most of the year, but he is a freshman and there is no telling how he will react in his first CWS. He is a cool hombre, Ice is what he is called and that started in high school. but closers are a fickeled bunch and he did get taken long by Ark. but the score was 14-2. Really don't know much about the Longhorn closer to do a comparision.

But the Tigers cannot afford to have have their starters putting in relief duty. And if the Dreadlocks of Doom is able to get his heat over the plate enough to get to Ott....

It will be a close series 2-1.

MLB has hit parody, and the AL West epitomizes it. Angels should come together and continue their dominance. Oakland seems to be pretty bad, but I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see any team get hot and win the division.

WOW, you really went out on a limb there.

I could give a rats ass about TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT..., but enjoy college baseball. I just hope for a dramatic series. The way Texas gave up the lead in the 9th to Arz St then came back in the bottom of the 9th to get 2 solo HRs to win was exciting baseball. And LSU wont get the same pitchers it has seen to this point vs TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT.... Pitching and defense win in baseball, so we shall see.

The Rangers just saw a solid 1-3 punch of Cain, Unit, and Zito in rare form. I was surprised they were swept, but the way the Giants pitched, it isnt hard to believe.

The Rangers have given fans in Big D hope. Elvis is the real deal, but is a rookie and his bat wont be consistent this year. Davis is a gold glove calibur 1B, but is feast or famine at the plate. Kinsler is up and down, Young is solid and Cruz is playing very well. Hamilton is sorely missed, but there are no excuses, LAA had injuries and it dug them a hole they are hitting their way out of now that they are finally getting healthy. You dont replace a MVP candidate calibur, 100 run, 32 HR, 130 RBI, 300 hitter like Hamilton. You just hope to keep it close until he returns.

Geez, Texas doesnt have a clue. The kid cant hit a fast ball, and they keep throwing pitches in the dirt. Pulling your closer with 2 outs left in the game, when he was pitching lights out. They deserve to lose tonight. Im starting to wonder if this is really that good of a game, or Texas completely blowing a 2 run lead. WOW, what a shame for those kids. Your skipper cost you game 1, and possibly the series.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan