[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R-Jeff to the Spurs

darin3

Richard Jefferson to the Spurs.... for a bag of peanuts and a half-eaten Milky Way bar

Nice move by the Spurs. Obviously a dump by the Bucks to eventually wipe the slate clean, getting a couple of old farts and a decent backup.

Parker at the point, a healthy Giniobili at off-guard, R-Jeff at the SF, Duncan in the middle and whatever role player, be it Bonner or Gooden.

I guess the only question is... is Bowen still considered a "stopper"? Will the Spurs miss him? :wacko: I think R-Jeff is good enough on D to make losing Bowen not really matter much.

Edited by darin3

Bucks ownership is not willing to go into luxury tax salary area, and Jefferson, Bogut and Redd combined for over $40 mill this upcoming season IIRC.

Basically a salary dump for the Bucks who may use some of the freed space to re-sign Villanueva.

Good move for the Spurs.

Bucks ownership is not willing to go into luxury tax salary area, and Jefferson, Bogut and Redd combined for over $40 mill this upcoming season IIRC.

Basically a salary dump for the Bucks who may use some of the freed space to re-sign Villanueva.

Good move for the Spurs.

Bill Plaschke said this move was as big of a steal as Gasol to the Lakers a couple years ago. While I think it's a hugh move, I don't think it's quite that big. But close. This makes the Spurs real good.

Bill Plaschke said this move was as big of a steal as Gasol to the Lakers a couple years ago. While I think it's a hugh move, I don't think it's quite that big. But close. This makes the Spurs real good.

I think it would be a better move if the Bucks were legitimate contenders for some of the big names in the 2010 free agent class.

I think it would be a better move if the Bucks were legitimate contenders for some of the big names in the 2010 free agent class.

The Bucks are tight asses and have given away their stars for peanuts before. :wacko:

boy, just when you thought maybe the spurs window had closed...

Yeah, it looked like it was all but closed. Parker is a stud, but Ginobili's always hurt and Duncan is looking slower and slower. This will re-energize them; giving them a true fourth option offensively, Heck, I think he's better than Ginobili. They may even elect to start bringing Manu off the bench again, letting Roger Mason Jr. handle the 2.

Now, the window's not gonna stay open much longer. You can't reverse the aging process and Manu/Duncan probably have a couple more years of solid play in them, health notwithstanding.

Yeah, it looked like it was all but closed. Parker is a stud, but Ginobili's always hurt and Duncan is looking slower and slower. This will re-energize them; giving them a true fourth option offensively, Heck, I think he's better than Ginobili. They may even elect to start bringing Manu off the bench again, letting Roger Mason Jr. handle the 2.

Now, the window's not gonna stay open much longer. You can't reverse the aging process and Manu/Duncan probably have a couple more years of solid play in them, health notwithstanding.

Bolded statements were th key points on local sports talk on my drive home. As I listened, I thought to myself, where have I heard this before. They were comparing the dynamics of this trade to the Pau Gasol to Lakers deal as well.