[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Draft

billay

Along with 2 other PGs in the 1st round?

Lawson is already gone to Denver, and I think either Rubio or Flynn have been or will be dealt as well.

There is no way they keep both of them, my prediction is they keep Flynn, and someone is paying a steep price for Rubio. We shall see

some damn good players slid out of rd 1 - Blair, Summers, Young, Budinger

Edited by wildcat2334

Along with 2 other PGs in the 1st round?

Yeah, no idea why they didn't take a big guy at 18 or deal one of the picks and say Kevin Love to move up to 2 to grab the Conn giant. Our PG history is a shambles almost without NBA parallel.

Lawson is already gone to Denver, and I think either Rubio or Flynn have been or will be dealt as well.

There is no way they keep both of them, my prediction is they keep Flynn, and someone is paying a steep price for Rubio. We shall see

The new GM says we're keeping both.

Yeah, no idea why they didn't take a big guy at 18 or deal one of the picks and say Kevin Love to move up to 2 to grab the Conn giant. Our PG history is a shambles almost without NBA parallel.

great draft by the Wolves IMO -

Lawson was never staying, Rubio falling to 5 was an absolute best case scenario........even if they liked Flynn over Rubio, the Spanish kid has some serious trade value. They are ending up with a great young PG, which was priority #1, and they aren't done.

Thabeet is a stiff and will be a bust

Things are looking up in Minny post-McHale

ETA: Deal Love??? negative- dood had a great rookie year and looks like the real deal, #5 and Love for #2?? not a chance

Edited by wildcat2334

Rubio has to fork over $6.6m to get out of his Spanish contract and apparently the Wolves can only pay $500 grand of that. The kid has to come up with the other $6.1m himself. :wacko:

New Wolves president David Kahn assured everyone that the two can play, and flourish, together.

But when?

The 18-year-old Rubio, the first NBA player drafted to be born in the 1990s, he has a $6.6 million buyout from DKV Joventut Badalona in Spain.

"Yeah I want to play in the NBA. I don't know if it's this year or next year, but we're going to see," Rubio said. "Because, you know, my buyout is big. We are talking about that with my agent and he's working hard."

The Timberwolves can only give Rubio $500,000 to help offset the cost of the buyout. Rubio has to come up with the rest himself, which is why he may have to play next year in Spain.

That appeared to be fine with Kahn, who has taken over a team that went 24-58 last season and hasn't made the playoffs since 2004.

"If any team in this league can afford to wait a year, dare I say two, it's us," Kahn said.

Local rag

Oh yeah, David? How are you going to sell any tickets at all with the kid in Spain?