[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly Fans

SLAYER

We'll take Lee for a substantially lower price of 4 minor leaguers, none of which are named Brown or Drabek and we keep Happ as well.

I like the deal!

+1

Knapp (Single A stud), Carrasco (AAA so-so year), Marsden & Donald (both with potential but works in progress).

Problem is starting rotation is now lefty-heavy. Word is Happ still may be dealt for a solid right-handed bat.

If so, rotation would be:

Hamels

Lee

Blanton

Moyer

Martinez/Lopez

I'll gladly go to playoff-battle with those three at the top of my rotation, this offense, and Myers/Park set to come in for long-relief should anyone falter.

+1

Knapp (Single A stud), Carrasco (AAA so-so year), Marsden & Donald (both with potential but works in progress).

Problem is starting rotation is now lefty-heavy. Word is Happ still may be dealt for a solid right-handed bat.

Hamels

Lee

Blanton

Moyer

Martinez/Lopez

I'll gladly go to playoff-battle with those three at the top of my rotation, this offense, and Myers/Park set to come in for long-relief should anyone falter.

But do we really need another bat, even if it's a right handed one? I like Happ and think he could be a very solid pitcher for years to come.

We'll take Lee for a substantially lower price of 4 minor leaguers, none of which are named Brown or Drabek and we keep Happ as well.

I like the deal!

yeah...we definitely got them to give us Lee for a bunch of decent prospects, but nothing amazing...

I mean...I wish we could also add Halladay by giving up Happ and Drabek :wacko: but that won't happen...

+1

Hamels

Lee

Blanton

Moyer

Martinez/Lopez

I love the deal...But I still think we need relief help with all the injuries and inconsistancy in the bullpen...And I guess it looks like Mayberrys gonna be sent down to make room on the roster. I wish it was bruntlett, but since he can play every damn position on the field I guess we have to keep him....yawnnnnnn.

Out of all the players that we dealt away I think we might miss Jason Knapp the most...He's only 19 years old, 6'5 225 pounds but is showing alot of potential by striking out 111 in only 85 innings....His era is kinda high but you gotta love all them strikeouts...I can definatley see him helping out the indians in the future.

+1

Hamels

Lee

Blanton

Moyer

Martinez/Lopez

word is that Happ would be dealt for a relief pitcher because Lidge is playing hurt....

this way, they can sit him down and make Myers the set-up guy and Madsen the closer..

word is that Happ would be dealt for a relief pitcher because Lidge is playing hurt....

this way, they can sit him down and make Myers the set-up guy and Madsen the closer..

I heard there looking to get Chad Qualls from Arizona....Dunno if Happ would be included in that trade

There was a right handed batter in this deal, no? OF-Ben Francisco.

yeah, a .250 hitter....not sure if this is the big righthanded bat that many felt we might need, but certainly better than Bruntlett.

If Happ is not dealt, Jayson Stark reported that he will likely move to the bullpen to make way for Martinez in the rotation (1. to give us a more balanced rotation and 2. because they guaranteed him if he came back, he wouldn't be bullpen fodder). Makes sense for everyone, since Happ can pitch long-relief if needed.

If true, they now have (when healthy) a bullpen consisting of Happ, Park, Myers, Ayers, Durbin, Romero, Madsen, & Lidge. Lots of bodies, but with the roster expanding September 1st, they can carry them once they are all back.

And yes, Sherill from Baltimore would be some nice insurance if Lidge is pitching hurt.

I feel like I am missing something... maybe it's because the starting rotation has been pitching well of late, but up until his last start, I thought Happ was arguably the Phillies best (or at least most consistent) starting pitcher thsi season. He's young and been pretty impressive thus far. Why would the Phillies give Happ up for a decent bullpen option and to make room for Pedro, who appears to be a shadow of his former self and has some health concerns?

• 2 months later...

If we are going to get back to the series we really are going to need Lidge to bust out of his funk...but I have a bad feeling he won't...also Utley needs to turn it up a notch...fingers crossed for a repeat because I think we are gonna need all the luck we can get.

If we are going to get back to the series we really are going to need Lidge to bust out of his funk...but I have a bad feeling he won't...also Utley needs to turn it up a notch...fingers crossed for a repeat because I think we are gonna need all the luck we can get.

Hey...The only thing that matters is were back....We have a chance. For the most part our SP isnt bad...We know Lee and Hamels can be great....Blanton has been amazing IMO, our best starter for the whole year...and our offense is scary as hell...Utley is struggling but I believe he'll get it going once the playoffs start....

Lidge and the closing situation is a whole different story....We need him back bad but I dont think he has the mind set to get it done this year...Right now its looking like Madson might be closing in the playoffs for us....He looks like he's actually ready to take on the role....Only time will tell...I still have no idea wat Charlies gonna do about it....He has a tough decision to make, thats for sure.

GO PHILS!

Hey...The only thing that matters is were back....We have a chance. For the most part our SP isnt bad...We know Lee and Hamels can be great....Blanton has been amazing IMO, our best starter for the whole year...and our offense is scary as hell...Utley is struggling but I believe he'll get it going once the playoffs start....

Lidge and the closing situation is a whole different story....We need him back bad but I dont think he has the mind set to get it done this year...Right now its looking like Madson might be closing in the playoffs for us....He looks like he's actually ready to take on the role....Only time will tell...I still have no idea wat Charlies gonna do about it....He has a tough decision to make, thats for sure.

GO PHILS!

true but I want two :wacko:

maybe this is a good omen...the other day my mom called me to tell me she was going thru a bunch of stuff and found my 1980's Phillies World Series Program that I got at game 6 in 80

true but I want two :wacko:

maybe this is a good omen...the other day my mom called me to tell me she was going thru a bunch of stuff and found my 1980's Phillies World Series Program that I got at game 6 in 80

Anything less would be disappointing

the other day my mom called me to tell me she was going thru a bunch of stuff and found my 1980's Phillies World Series Program that I got at game 6 in 80

Go F yourself.

Bake McBride, Mike Schmidt and Tug McGraw can kiss my ass. :D

:wacko: