[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick review of healthcare bill in the HoR

muck

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Source: Joint Economic Committee, Republican Staff

Congressman Kevin Brady, Ranking House Republican Member

I wonder if they got extra credit from the teacher for all the pretty colors . . . .

Did the ranking house Democrat Member's staff make one, or were they too embarrassed?

Did the ranking house Democrat Member's staff make one, or were they too embarrassed?

I doubt they would be taken seriously either . . .

When you play partisan politics, anything provided by the OPPOSITION to those policies aint necessarily objective.

By the same theory, if the Dems DID come up with a pretty little org chart, it shouldnt be taken at face value either . . .

Source: Joint Economic Committee, Republican Staff

Congressman Kevin Brady, Ranking House Republican Member

I wonder if they got extra credit from the teacher for all the pretty colors . . . .

Just the crayon parts.

Good content and analysis but that's some of the most atrocious grammar and punctuation I've ever seen in a professional document.

Is there any doubt that this is something at least approaching truthfulness? Everyone here knows how bloated and inefficient fedgov is. The objections from butt picker wallace aside, is it really that hard to believe?

Yep. Gotta love that maturity and professionalism!!!!

LOLOL

Stay classy west virgina!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

You were the first one to act childish when you inferred that WV was both mentally and physically handicapped in the debt thread. Kind of Ironic that now you are telling him to stay classy.

Everyone here knows how bloated and inefficient fedgov is.

I know the gov screws up a lot of stuff and I'm not really thrilled at the idea of having them involved in healthcare BUT the system doesn't seem like it can continue at it's current rate. We spend more per person than almost any nation and our healthcare is ranked as the 37th country. Link There has to be a more efficient way. My second quick point is that people assume the government knows zero about hospitals. I'd like to remind some people that all the veterans hospitals are federal government owned. So they already run an entire network of hospitals. I'm not saying that their system is perfect but they do have some experience to draw on with regard to carrying of people. Anyway, we know return to your regularly scheduled show.

You were the first one to act childish when you inferred that WV was both mentally and physically handicapped in the debt thread. Kind of Ironic that now you are telling him to stay classy.

I also put a smiley to indicate it was a joke and put some levity in with a comment that he made Mr. Touchy . . . but I guess that involves too much subtlety for you Perchy? Next time I will be more obvious for you . .

West Virginia has called or inferred me to be a communist on several occasions . . . can I call him butt picker west vagina now? Or would that be too personal?

I know the gov screws up a lot of stuff and I'm not really thrilled at the idea of having them involved in healthcare BUT the system doesn't seem like it can continue at it's current rate. We spend more per person than almost any nation and our healthcare is ranked as the 37th country. Link There has to be a more efficient way. My second quick point is that people assume the government knows zero about hospitals. I'd like to remind some people that all the veterans hospitals are federal government owned. So they already run an entire network of hospitals. I'm not saying that their system is perfect but they do have some experience to draw on with regard to carrying of people. Anyway, we know return to your regularly scheduled show.

It can and should be argued that government interference in the free market is why we are where we are today with regard to medical care. Medicare and medicaid are really a big part of the problem we currently face. These programs in many cases freeload the health care system paying significantly less for the same procedures, than does private insurance. They can do this because they are the government. So, to make up for the free loading medicare and medicaid programs, hospitals charge insurance companies even more. This of course increases our premiums. Now if we (or our insurance companies) weren't there to pick up the difference eventually you would see fewer doctors and fewer hospital facilities as it would no longer be lucrative to practice medicine (only 37% of doctors in Texas are taking new medicare patients).

Another problem we have is everyone seems to think it is your God given right to have $15 doctors appointments and $5 prescription drugs. Could you imagine what your home owners insurance cost would be if it had to pay to repaint your house, or to mow your lawn every week? Yet that is basically what we ask, no demand, that our medical insurance do. Used to people bought insurance for catastrophic accidents, not for well baby check ups. Part of this irrational thought process was again brought to us when the federal government decided to meddle in private business, by capping salaries, so companies started providing medical coverage as additional compensation. Employees looked at it like the better the coverage, the better the compensation they were getting, and since their salaries were capped by the government this was the best way for them to get ahead. This of course has gone from being a perk to being almost a right.

You cite the Veteran's hospitals as an example of how the government is familiar with running a hospital system. Have you ever been in a veteran's hospital? That systems definitely isn't what I would want my health care provider to model their system on.

A lot of truth here . . . how can we continue to have health care costs rising waaay beyond the cost of living on a yearly basis and expect it to continue?

I dont think ANYONE wants the fedgov to get involved in the healthcare scenario, but maybe if it wasnt so screwed up already then they wouldnt feel obligated to help fix a broken system?

I also put a smiley to indicate it was a joke and put some levity in with a comment that he made Mr. Touchy . . . but I guess that involves too much subtlety for you Perchy? Next time I will be more obvious for you . .

West Virginia has called or inferred me to be a communist on several occasions . . . can I call him butt picker west vagina now? Or would that be too personal?

Dude, I don't care what you do, I was just pointing out your hypocrisy. But I guess I can call you any thing under the sun and as long as I use a smiley face it's OK. :wacko:

Perch, you trust the fedgov to defend our country, but somehow they are too inept to help healthcare?

:wacko:

That is one of the primary purposes of the government as laid out in the Constitution. I have yet to find where healthcare is mentioned in the constitution. It is impractical for individuals to maintain standing armies, but I've never had to have the government provide me with health care. I'm very comfortable providing my on health care. How comfortable are you with allowing individuals to purchase any and all weapons they can afford?

Funny thing is, I'm one of the few conservatives on this board that actually would consider some sort of government subsidize health care, if it was funded in the proper way, and was not going to make an already shaky economy much worse.

A lot of truth here . . . how can we continue to have health care costs rising waaay beyond the cost of living on a yearly basis and expect it to continue?

I dont think ANYONE wants the fedgov to get involved in the healthcare scenario, but maybe if it wasnt so screwed up already then they wouldnt feel obligated to help fix a broken system?

Have you considered that maybe the reason it is so screwed up is because they are already involved through medicare and medicaid? Have you ever thought of how much cheaper medical coverage would be if the government actually started enforcing the already existing immigration laws (not to mention how much we would save on education also)? DId you realize that it estimated that up to 10% or your health care premium goes to pay for the cost of litigation in the forms of the cost malpractice insurance and defensive testing? Maybe we should address that too, what do you think?

Have you considered that maybe the reason it is so screwed up is because they are already involved through medicare and medicaid? Have you ever thought of how much cheaper medical coverage would be if the government actually started enforcing the already existing immigration laws (not to mention how much we would save on education also)? DId you realize that it estimated that up to 10% or your health care premium goes to pay for the cost of litigation in the forms of the cost malpractice insurance and defensive testing? Maybe we should address that too, what do you think?

Soo medicare and medicaid are the reason that privately provided health care costs have huge increases every year. Ok Got it. :wacko:

I agree with you on addressing the cost of litigation and the role lawyers (and wealthy insurance companies) play in messing up the medical system. A guy I used to play league basketball with was the CEO of a hospital, and we got in a discussion regarding heathcare. Lo and behold, the problem was not medicare and medicaid, but the enormous bureaucracy and administrative costs as opposed to expenses directly associated with doctors and pharmacists.

Doctors are highly compensated individuals. They SHOULD be, because it sure aint easy to become a doctor. But when I am paying 20 cents on every dollar spent to support a huge amount of jobs that may not be necessary, then I am concerned.