[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All Star Weekend

peteteacher2001

I am from the St. Louis metro area and I must admit, the city looked good this weekend. Cardinal fans are some of the classiest fans in professional sports. The only thing I could complain about is that Stan Musial didn't get his just deserves due to Obama being on the field. I think he deserved the same treatment from the players as The Splendid Splinter got in Boston a couple of years ago. But I am sure Secret Service is not going to allow the players to crowd the cart like they did Williams.

Other than that, I was real happy to see baseballs saving grace, Albert Pujols, conduct one of the best media performances in recent history. He is one class act and so are St. Louis baseball fans.

My .02

your thoughts?

I had a long day at work and ended up passing out in the 4th inning... :wacko:

but at least I didn't miss the part where Joe Buck fallated Obama....he's just too used to working the booth with Troy, I think..

too bad the AL won again....it was close..

Pujols is a class act. He took off his cap before shaking the Presidents hand. I thought that was a great move. Obama gave Stan Musial props in the booth which I also thought was pretty cool.

I am from the St. Louis metro area and I must admit, the city looked good this weekend. Cardinal fans are some of the classiest fans in professional sports. The only thing I could complain about is that Stan Musial didn't get his just deserves due to Obama being on the field. I think he deserved the same treatment from the players as The Splendid Splinter got in Boston a couple of years ago. But I am sure Secret Service is not going to allow the players to crowd the cart like they did Williams.

Other than that, I was real happy to see baseballs saving grace, Albert Pujols, conduct one of the best media performances in recent history. He is one class act and so are St. Louis baseball fans.

My .02

your thoughts?

City looked great, I made it to the Derby and the parade.

And a hugh +1 million on the Stan Musial recognition, I was really disappointed.

As a Cub fan, it's tough to give anything St. Louis Cardinal -related props, but from what I saw, everything looked spectacular. I caught bits and parts of both the HR Derby and the AS Game. Looked like it was - obviously - a packed house, and even as a Cub fan I can say that the STL fans are both knowledgeable and classy.

Pujols is a beast and could actually get even better (scary).