[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Open Championship

Ramhock

Tiger's done... plus-seven for the tournament, through 13 holes today. He needs to birdie four of his last five holes to make the cut, more than likely.

Meanwhile, Watson appeared to come back down to earth today, bogeying five out of six holes after a birdie on #1. Of course, he then went on to play the last 11 holes at four-under, getting back to his original five-under and in a tie for the lead after 36 holes. Pretty amazing stuff. :D

My picks for the week (I'm in a golf fantasy league) were Tiger, Westwood, Fisher, Garcia, Poulter, and Stenson... went with all Euro's other than Tiger, including three Brit's. Looks like Tiger and Poulter (+11) :wacko: are missing the cut. Fisher looks like my best bet so far, in a T4 at 3-under. Meanwhile, Garcia and Westwood are hanging around at 1-under (Westwood has four holes left), and Stenson is certainly not out of it at 1-over par.

Much different day than yesterday... only seven rounds finished under par so far, and four of them were only one-under.

Found myself jumping out of my couch today with each long putt Watson made. I hope he can hang on....what a remarkable win it would be.

I'd be curious to see the total length of putts made for him this week... it seems like he's made an inordinate amount of LONG putts. I really like his chances... don't think he's just going to fade away tomorrow. Somebody's going to have to play a pretty solid round to take it away from him. That said, depending on the weather and pin placements, a solid round could be 72-74.... who knows. I would not be surprised to see something around even par (or one under/over) win it all. I'll be cheering for Watson and Cink, but I'm going to officially go with Fisher as my 54-hold prediction... he's one shot back, and has shown in both the U.S. Open and Accenture Match Play earlier this year that this week is no fluke... he's a solid player.

I'd be curious to see the total length of putts made for him this week... it seems like he's made an inordinate amount of LONG putts. I really like his chances... don't think he's just going to fade away tomorrow. Somebody's going to have to play a pretty solid round to take it away from him. That said, depending on the weather and pin placements, a solid round could be 72-74.... who knows. I would not be surprised to see something around even par (or one under/over) win it all. I'll be cheering for Watson and Cink, but I'm going to officially go with Fisher as my 54-hold prediction... he's one shot back, and has shown in both the U.S. Open and Accenture Match Play earlier this year that this week is no fluke... he's a solid player.

Agree 100%. I was watching Bryce and I thought to myself, man this kid could win this thing. The strong left to right wind plays right into Watsons game so if that trend continues, I won't be surprised to see him play even par and capture his 6th British.

Now if only Tiger could take some notes on how to be a gentlemen and play with dignity. I found it disgusting watching him pound/throw his clubs all day long, usually followed by a cursing tirade. I love Tiger, but his antics of late are not very flattering.

Agree 100%. I was watching Bryce and I thought to myself, man this kid could win this thing. The strong left to right wind plays right into Watsons game so if that trend continues, I won't be surprised to see him play even par and capture his 6th British.

Now if only Tiger could take some notes on how to be a gentlemen and play with dignity. I found it disgusting watching him pound/throw his clubs all day long, usually followed by a cursing tirade. I love Tiger, but his antics of late are not very flattering.

Agreed. It's fine if you have the confidence to think that you should win every time you play, but don't act like YOU"RE getting screwed when you hit a bad shot. He misses a putt and gets this look on his face, as if he's disgusted that the putt didn't break the way he feels it should have. Almost as if he knows more than the golf gods themselves, and feels like they're ripping him off every time he doesn't win. That part I could do without... what's wrong with just accepting the fact that, although you're the best, that doesn't mean you're going to be the best every single week. A little bit of humility would do him some good, which is why I definitely don't mind seeing others at the top of the leaderboard for a change.

Agreed. It's fine if you have the confidence to think that you should win every time you play, but don't act like YOU"RE getting screwed when you hit a bad shot. He misses a putt and gets this look on his face, as if he's disgusted that the putt didn't break the way he feels it should have. Almost as if he knows more than the golf gods themselves, and feels like they're ripping him off every time he doesn't win. That part I could do without... what's wrong with just accepting the fact that, although you're the best, that doesn't mean you're going to be the best every single week. A little bit of humility would do him some good, which is why I definitely don't mind seeing others at the top of the leaderboard for a change.

:wacko:

This morning's Sportcenter lead was The Open. They showed Tiger hitting the ball into and out of the rough..missing putts..throwing clubs...said he missed the cut. Not another shot from anyone or a glance at the leaderboard. Then they showed a few baseball highlights and came back to the Open about 15 minutes later and I got to see who was leading the tournament finally.

Tiger's the man...maybe the best ever, and I don't dislike him in the least but C'MON!!!! Enough's enough!!

I don't mind Tiger's behavior. I like to see someone visibly frustrated the same way I like seeing them celebrate. Makes them seem more like a human being and not some uptight prick playing an elitist sport.

Yeah, but Tiger's little tantrums get a bit old. In a sport where most of the elite players refrain from throwing clubs or going on cursing tirades, it's almost as if Tiger thinks it' OK to behave in a way that is normally considered to be in poor taste. In any other setting, the other three guys in the foursome would be rolling their eyes at the jerk who has to make a scene every time he has a bad shot. When it's Tiger, though, it's somehow OK? I don't get that.

Yeah, but Tiger's little tantrums get a bit old. In a sport where most of the elite players refrain from throwing clubs or going on cursing tirades, it's almost as if Tiger thinks it' OK to behave in a way that is normally considered to be in poor taste. In any other setting, the other three guys in the foursome would be rolling their eyes at the jerk who has to make a scene every time he has a bad shot. When it's Tiger, though, it's somehow OK? I don't get that.

Cash cows get the special treatment I guess. :wacko:

Edited by budlitebrad

Westwood's got to be kicking himself after three-putting the 18th. Too bad Watson couldn't hold on, but I'm happy for Cink... He's been a solid player for a while now, and it would have been a shame if he never won a major.

• 4 weeks later...