[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IPS Driver Error...

irish

Sometimes when I go to click on a forum link this error comes up-

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

What does it mean?

Actually - it means just that. The board software is experiencing some database errors. We've been seeing some of that lately but it's highly intermittent and only lasts for a few minutes. Very hard to troubleshoot.

Actually - it means just that. The board software is experiencing some database errors. We've been seeing some of that lately but it's highly intermittent and only lasts for a few minutes. Very hard to troubleshoot.

i got it tonite for the 1st time....however, the one thing I can say is that lately in the evenings (after 11ish) the boards seem to take an extra long amount of time to load(not sure if that helps any)

i got it tonite for the 1st time....however, the one thing I can say is that lately in the evenings (after 11ish) the boards seem to take an extra long amount of time to load(not sure if that helps any)

I noticed this as well and even this morning it seems to be loading slowly. Maybe it's a late night and weekend thing?

I've noticed the exact same thing. The boards work great during the day, whether at work or at home. But right around 9 PM CT, slows down to a crawl every night.

Same here.

I got the IPS error before, but got it the other night for the first time in a long time.

i sure hope that your host/server isn't limiting bandwidth at night to save themselves money or something.

No. It's just The Huddle forums.

I've noticed the exact same thing. The boards work great during the day, whether at work or at home. But right around 9 PM CT, slows down to a crawl every night.

It's been doing that for ages. I think it's mostly at about 11:30 Central for me and I'm pretty sure it is caused by the nightly backup, disk defrag or other system routine.

Edited by Ursa Majoris
Just happened.

Slow again tonight. :wacko:

+1 for both. The IPS error lasted longer than usual this time.

It's been doing that for ages. I think it's mostly at about 11:30 Central for me and I'm pretty sure it is caused by the nightly backup, disk defrag or other system routine.

Assuming you mean on YOUR machine. I have no such nightly system runs. Typically happens around 11pm Central. Pretty annoying.

Assuming you mean on YOUR machine. I have no such nightly system runs. Typically happens around 11pm Central. Pretty annoying.

I'm pretty sure he meant a server side backup or task. This is why it would effect everyone. I've noticed slowness late at night but have never seen the IPS error.

Given the nature of the issue it is - as some have stated - likely due to some late night maintenance issue. We are looking into it with our hosting company.

I'm pretty sure he meant a server side backup or task. This is why it would effect everyone. I've noticed slowness late at night but have never seen the IPS error.

Yes, that's what I meant. It lasts until just after midnight Central, roughly. System tasks often degrade performance but are essential.

Saw my first IPS error last night. These errors are forum software specific, it looks like (according to Google searches).

Yes, that's what I meant. It lasts until just after midnight Central, roughly. System tasks often degrade performance but are essential.

Saw my first IPS error last night. These errors are forum software specific, it looks like (according to Google searches).

Right. And yeah, I guess it's due to server maintenance. Seems like an odd time to perform this, though. :wacko:

True dat, since it's only 9:30 on the west coast.

for the record, i've gotten the IPS error four out of the past five nights, occurring right around 9:30 pm PST each time. usually lasts about 15 minutes and then goes away.

Hosting support has verified that this happens during the nightly backup process. I've had them move the backup 3 hours later in the evening. That should help out all our west coasters.