[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

stanley cup 2nd. Rd. predictions

Down Goes Frazia

all right I'll start round 2.

Tampa Bay / Montreal -

Theodore keeps the Habs in it again..... but this ain't Boston here. Too much firepower from the lightning.

Tampa in 6

Philly / Toronto-

Can Esche match up with Belfour.... maybe-maybe not, but the Philly defense & physical play will be too much for the Toronto forwards, IMO. Could be the best series of the 2nd. round.

Flyers in 7

Calgary / Detroit-

The Flames impressed the sh*t outta me vs. Vancouver..... they're hungry & Kiprusoff can be unstoppable @ times. But CuJo showed his worth in the final 2 games vs. Nashville & I believe Detroit moves on for another (and maybe the last) showdown with Colorado in the western finals.

Wings in 7

Avs - Sharks-

I'm torn... I luv San Jose and how they play the game. They've been under-rated all year & showed their strength in rd. 1. But that was against a very suspect St. Louis team that had 1 line that could score.

Enter the Avs........ with 4 lines that score & most importantly a healthy Forsberg.

Avs in 6

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. :D

The East

Lightning / Canadians - Gotta give the Habs credit for coming back and beating the Bruins, but now they face Khabibulin, not Raycroft, and are playing a well rested and fast Lightning team. Another Canadian team bites the dust. Lightning in 5

Philadelphia / Toronto - Well, I didn't think the Flyers would beat the Devils but they did because Primeau and company parked themselves in front of Broduer and the Devils had no one to move them out. This will not happen against Toronto. Belfour is on fire and experienced. Esche is vulnerable imo and wasn't really tested against a listless Devil team. The Maple Leafs are the team to beat. They will be tired having played a long 7 game series while the Flyers will be well rested. However, the Leafs are too much. They may get behind in the series early, but in the end they will win. Leafs in 7

The West

Flames / Wings - Give the Preds credit, they played well and made Detroit realize that winning takes hard work. Congrats to the Flames, beating the Bertuzziless Canucks. Too much firepower in Detroit, and the scare from the Preds should only help them. The only way Calgary has a chance is if Kipper stands on his head the entire series. Not likely imo. Wings in 6

Sharks / Avalanche - Tough one. I really like the Sharks, and they've quietly impressed all season long. They had an easy time in round one, but I just don't think they beat the Avalanche, unless Aebischer has a melt down, which I don't think will happen. I'm on the fence here, but I'll go with the team that has Forsberg, Hejduk, Selanne, Blake, Kariya, Sakic, etc. Avalance in 7

I took all the little Wings down to the House of the Mouse this past weekend, so I was unable, until now, to marvel at how Spain perfectly timed his jump on the Preds bandwagon! applause Now he's throwing that brand-new $199 CCM Authentic Tomas Vokoun jersey deep into the closet to take out the next time the Preds show some life. Well done, Spain, it must have particulary hurt to have Detroit kick your arse. :D

But, on to discussing the 2nd round with real hockey fans...

Okay, I sucked up the first round because I tried to get cute with the upsets. 5 outta 8 is not good, but I knew the St. Looie pick was stupid. I also gave too much credit to Turco and not enough to the playoff-smart Avs. Anyway, Round 2...

Tampa Bay over Montreal in 6

I'm staying with the Bolts here...looks like the Bulin Wall is back up and things are clicking for Martin St. Louis and crew.

Philly over Toronto in 7

Love this matchup...you gotta like Belfour over Esche, but give the Flyers credit for solving Brodeur. Philly is just too hot right now.

Detroit over Calgary in 6

As I wrote before, the Wings are a different team once they're out of the first round. Flames are tough, but I'm glad the Wings drew them instead of the Avs here, cuz a Wings/Avs 2nd round matchup just didn't seem right. It's more fun to beat them in the Conf. finals! :rolleyes:

Cujo over Kipper here.

Colorado over San Jose in 6

Ok, I'm not going to continue to dis the Avs anymore. They've got their playoff game on and the Sharks can't hang with that show. Forsberg is an animal. The league needs another Wings/Avs final. And I've got a brother-in-law with Wing season tickets waiting for my trip in for that one!

Tampa Bay / Montreal -

Tell you what - the home ice down here has gotten to be huge. Place just rocks. I'm going to the game Friday just to check it out. Think between the 7 game series, the Home Ice, and just Tampa on a great roll, will be a quick one

Tampa in 5

Philly / Toronto-

Turnaround for Philly from last year - after a 7 gamer with Toronto, they go into NJ and get killed cause they are wiped out. Toronto's turn for that crap.

Flyers in 6

Calgary / Detroit

Gotta agree here - think Detroit just getting warmed up a bit, and Calgary played great, but not getting carried any further.

Wings in 6

Avs - Sharks-

Here's my one upset - do agree that Forsberg is/can be the best player in the league. But season ends here.

Sharks in 6

xMRogers:

Here's my one upset - do agree that Forsberg is/can be the best player in the league. But season ends here.

Sharks in 6

Don't think this would be classified as an upset, with San Jose being the #2 seed in the West during the regular season. shrug

Sensai H1:

xMRogers:

Sharks in 6

Don't think this would be classified as an upset, with San Jose being the #2 seed in the West during the regular season. shrug 3 out of 5 vegas sports books have COL listed as the favorite.

Tampa Bay / Montreal -

TB is healthy, rested and due for some goals out of Lecavalier and Stillman (zero total in rd 1). Montreal is coming off a big upset and will be have a big let down.

Tampa in 4

Philly / Toronto-

Did anyone see the hits that Roberts took in game 7? Toronto is tired and overmatched…the Flyers are hurting at defense.

Flyers in 5

Calgary / Detroit

Calgary is going to get physical with the old guys. I can’t wait to watch this series.

Calgary in 6

Avs - Sharks-

Colorado is so deep and so strong.

Colorado in 6

Bolts - 6 (too much speed)

Flyers - 6 (playing great most of the season)

Wings - 6 (Man this hurts :D , but still the team to beat)

Avs - 6 (should be a great series) cool_thu

Seems like 6 is my number for round 2.

And once again "GO AVS". Can you say Svatos. wink

A few comments on last nights games:

Kipper stood on his head, and the Flames took advantage of what limited opportunities they had. I'd say the Flames stole one and better step it up in the coming games. BTW, how enjoyable is it to see the Red Wings fans after a home loss. They're all sitting in their seats welling up with tears. Truly awesome. The best was when they lost the series last year in the first round to the Ducks. Priceless.

How freaking good do the Sharks look? Granted, Aebischer wasn't sharp, but man are they for real or what?

Toronto - Philly was a little subdued imo. You have two big, strong, physical teams that hate each other, but there was not much anger on the ice. Toronto was tired. They have 2 days off, which will help themget right back into this series.

Looking forward to tonights Lightning game, I hope they stop those f'ing Canadians.

lol LMFAO at the new name H-1. thumbs_u

Esche is for real..... they picked up Burke for veteran insurance in the play-offs and he ain't even laced up the blades yet.

the flames defintely stole one. The were so outplayed in that game & still got the W thanks to Kipper.

Marleau is a frigg'in stud. Watched him here in Seattle when he played for the Thunderbirds in the mid-90's. 2 hat-tricks in the same post season... only been done a couple times I think. Alfredsson & some guy named Gretzsky.... pretty good company.

BTW, how enjoyable is it to see the Red Wings fans after a home loss. They're all sitting in their seats welling up with tears. Truly awesome. 
I wasn't crying, I was punching sh*t! Another goalie stealing a playoff game - man, it's getting old! Kipper made some wonderful saves, but the Wings absolutely blew on the PP. I don't think you can blame Cujo on the goals and he looked sharp. Still wondering why the h*ll Fischer let Gelinas go behind the net! angry

My only solace was watching the Avs get whitewashed! :D

I can understand not liking the Red Wings, but I don't know why anyone would dog on the fans.

Red Wing fans may not be as vocal at home as others, but they know the game. You never hear any of those juvenile chants like "blank sucks" that you do at other arenas. I've any seen fans around me at Joe Louis Arena applaud spectacular plays made by an opponent.

At just about every road game for the Red Wings, you will usually hear a "let's go Red Wings" chant. How many other teams in all of professional sports can you say that about.

Furd:

At just about every road game for the Red Wings, you will usually hear a "let's go Red Wings" chant.  How many other teams in all of professional sports can you say that about.

I don't think fans in other sports say "Go Red Wings". wink :P

But Packer fans (and I believe Cowboy fans) do travel to away games, and can be noisy if there are relatively few home-team fans in attendence.

Furd:

I can understand not liking the Red Wings, but I don't know why anyone would dog on the fans.

Please don't take it personally, but it's pretty simple. I am not a Red Wings fans. The Red Wings are good. I need something/someone to make fun of, because it makes me feel better.

I was not insulting the Red Wings fans. Quite the opposite. They were near tears after the loss, because they are such good/loyal fans. However, this is something a non Red Wing fan, such as myself, can make fun of. That's pretty much it.

No go cry in a beer you sissy. brow

It's actually real simple. It's the warm and fuzzy feeling inside that you get when you see your rival or team you dislike floundering.

Kinda like the feeling I got right now with the Avs staring at a 3-0 deficit! eek!

Nabokov take_a_b take_a_b

Originally posted by Down Goes Frazia:

Avs - Sharks-

I'm torn... I luv San Jose and how they play the game. They've been under-rated all year & showed their strength in rd. 1. But that was against a very suspect St. Louis team that had 1 line that could score.

Enter the Avs........ with 4 lines that score & most importantly a healthy Forsberg.

Avs in 6

.... well I just watched Nabakov & the SJ defense absolutely stone my Avs again for a 3-0 lead. angry And what a great goal by the gray hair Vinny Damphousse.... off the back of Aebischer. eek!

This series is all but oh-vah.... and when it is..... I'll officially be on the Sharks bandwagon. smash

i am going to try to get tix to game 4...watch my boys close em out like they should have 2 years ago.

i have truly been surprised by them this year. was sooooo ticked when they traded Nolan and allowed selanne to go. Amazed more by the way the youngin's stepped up than nabakov's play......

Down Goes Frazia

This series is all but oh-vah.... and when it is..... I'll officially be on the Sharks bandwagon.  [/QB]

If my Wings make it through the Flames, the Sharks are going to present quite a challenge. That's some defense and Nabakov looks like a brick wall. What a great save on Selanne at the end of the game!