[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

stanley cup 2nd. Rd. predictions

Down Goes Frazia

Down Goes Frazia:

HUGH 1:

I wouldn't count the Avalanche out just yet.

well H-1....... they better get it in gear brutha....... 'ya gotta score at least 1 to win. wink Their power play last night looked sick. I hear ya, but I wouldn't count anyone out of the playoffs until the series is over, least of all a team with the talent and experience of the Avalanche. Right now, talent is all they seem to have as I think they forgot about the hard work part, but we'll see. I definitely think they win game 4, and then we'll see from there.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUGH 1:

I wouldn't count the Avalanche out just yet.

I'm sure your aware of the hill they have to climb: 2 teams have overcome 0-3 deficits in NHL history, '75 Islanders and '42 Leafs. big_shoc

But, I saw a very interesting statistic last night that showed the Avs have come back from 0-2 deficits more than any other team. 2 or 3 times, I think, the last one in '99 against my Wings. bawling

Originally posted by RWings:

But, I saw a very interesting statistic last night that showed the Avs have come back from 0-2 deficits more than any other team. 2 or 3 times, I think, the last one in '99 against my Wings. bawling

this is a different hill..... I don't see them do'in it this year. San Jose is playing with so much confidence and that over-used word in hockey..... passion.

Their defense is smothering... Cheechoo & Marleau are on fire and they believe that they're the better hockey club..... which they are right now.

The Avs may have the talent but 'ya gotta show it in ther play-offs or it don't mean a hill of beans. thinking

Well, well, well.

God Bless the Tampa Bay Lightning. What a comeback. Could have heard a pin drop in Montreal after that game. Someone get a fork, the Habs are done.

The Calgary - Wings game was something else. 5 goals in 11 minutes. End to end action, hard hitting. All in all great hockey.

I think the Leafs win tonight, that should be a real volatile atmosphere in Toronto. I also think the Avs win as well.

Great stuff. Playoff hockey absolutely f'ing rules. head_ban

Az and his band of 'Lanche homers have been awfully quiet. shrug lol

The good thing about following a team that sucks and doesn't make it to the playoffs is that you can make fun of everyone that loses in the playoffs. brow

Originally posted by Eagles Fan:

Tampa Bay / Montreal -

TB is healthy, rested and eek! due for some goals out of Lecavalier and Stillman eek! (zero total in rd 1). Montreal is coming off a big upset and will be have a big let down.

Tampa in 4

someone hit the nail on the head last night.

Good call thumbs_u

BTW.... the Lightning look unstoppable.

Down Goes Frazia:

BTW.... the Lightning look unstoppable.

I disagree. For the first time last night, I thought they looked beatable. Montreal came out and got physical with them, and it seemed to throw the Lightning off their game, and if Montreal was a better team they would have won. I think if you get physical and nasty with the Lightning, you can beat them. They are going to have a real tough time with either Philly or Toronto imo.

Originally posted by HUGH 1:

They are going to have a real tough time with either Philly or Toronto imo.

... yeah maybe so, but they should be rested & if the Leafs-Flyers series goes the distance..... the winner will may be beat up.

And if Lecavalier & Stillman get it turned on like they finally did last night.....'ya never know.

One thing I won't argue ....playoff hockey is the frigg'in limit. thumbs_u

Down Goes Frazia:

... yeah maybe so, but they should be rested & if the Leafs-Flyers series goes the distance..... the winner will may be beat up.

Yeah, good point. Tampa will have played 9 or 10 games while Toronto may be at 14.

Down Goes Frazia:

and I thought you hated Canadians ?? or is it just hate the Habs ? shrug    You've been all over toronto from the get.... of course that could stem from your hatred of Philly. lol

*sigh*..... the hate, discontent & frustration of a Penguin fan. wink 

Pretty much hate Canada, but I don't let it influence my picks. I think Toronto has the talent to beat Philly, although I will be rooting for Filthadelphia.

[Dreaming]The Penguins will be good next year, so I'm praying that there will not be a strike. [/Dreaming]

I think the Wings will right the ship, but they are definitely not a hands down favorite anymore.

Tampa Bay did get beat up last night, and mostly outplayed - but a goalie on his game plus some breaks going the right way, combined with their hustle, is taking them far. Puck just bouncing their way right now.

Tonights game big for Philly - I think they come out tearing it up and put this one out of its misery quick. Toronto just got too beat up in first series.

SJ completes the sweep tonight.

Down Goes Frazia:

If my Wings make it through the Flames, the Sharks are going to present quite a challenge.

after last night..... I think you better not worry about the Sharks and concentrate on the task at hand in Calgary. wink

Yeah, I hear you...that **** Donovan goal right after Fischer scored ripped my heart out. But, it was a heck of a period. Kipper made some great saves and Cujo let in a soft one on the first goal...but, hey, that's hockey. Man, was the Saddledome rocking - I hear they're going to make Iginla mayor if the Flames win the series.

HUGH 1:

HUGH 1:

I definitely think they win game 4, and then we'll see from there.

Barely, but they're still in it.

As are the Leafs.

The Leafs looked strong in their win smash ....... the Avs did not. With Blake being scratched last night I thought for sure they'd go down..... Aebischer deserves credit for an outstanding game. thumbs_u Back to Blake.... his absense on the ice is devastating for Colorado ......more than Forsberg, Sakic or any of the forwards IMO. Foote had 43 shifts and 27 minutes of ice time in Blakes absense. eek!

Big sigh of relief on the Wings win last night. They looked great for most of the first period, but that 18 seconds in the 2nd just about made me go to bed. But, they took it to the Flames in the 3rd. Great pressure resulted in that Dandenault goal.

But the play of the night was when CuJo stacked the pads on Donovan's 2 on 1 breakaway shot ! cool_thu He gives that up and the Wings don't recover from that much Calgary mo!

Hatcher had his best game last night - finishing his checks and getting to the puck. Did anyone catch that BS move by Nieminen at the end of the game when he ran CuJo? What an a$$. angry Dumb move, though, it'll only serve to fire up the Wings.

Also, kudos to the Lightening - they've definitely got their game on! take_a_b

Big sigh of relief on the Wings win last night.

Yep..... good win for yer boyz. thumbs_u

Did anyone catch that BS move by Nieminen at the end of the game when he ran CuJo?

.... paybacks are a biaaatch ! He'll get a 'lil taste of Hatcher on Sat. smash

Also, kudos to the Lightening - they've definitely got their game on! take_a_b

.... and now they rest at home & watch Toronto & Philly beat the crap outta each other for another week. Advantage Lightning for sure.

It pains me to say it but I think the Sharks dispose of my Lanche tonight..... and I'll take Toronto to even the series.

Eagles Fan:

It is the start of the Flames / Red Wings game,  the fans are going nuts. 

10:15 EST start    :D    If this game goes into OT, I will be dead in work tomorrow.  The CST and PST fans have the advantage tonight with the late start.

..... it is the end of the Flames / wings game & the fans are still go'in nuts. wink

CuJo deserved a better fate..... he was outstanding. Without him the Wings get trounced. Calgary earned the win.... they worked harder than Detroit & wanted it more.

Great hockey game.