[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

stanley cup 2nd. Rd. predictions

Down Goes Frazia

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down Goes Frazia

CuJo deserved a better fate..... he was outstanding. Without him the Wings get trounced. Calgary earned the win.... they worked harder than Detroit & wanted it more.

Great hockey game.

Hated the ending, but it was a great game. CuJo stood on his head all night, but the big guns were silent for the Wings. I agree, Frazia, the Flames outworked the Wings in this series and deserve to move on. There's gonna be some big changes in Hockeytown. Bye-bye Dave Lewis, Shanny, Hull and maybe Stevie Y hangs 'em up.

bawling bawling bawling

Down Goes Frazia:

Originally posted by RWings:

If my Wings make it through the Flames, the Sharks are going to present quite a challenge.

.... you must be talk'in about the 2005 playoffs. wink      lol 

coach Hey, I did say "if"!

Anutha early round exit, ugh... wall_bas

i agree that was a heIIuva game last night. cujo really showed me a lot in that series. lidstrom was solid as always, and guys like draper and mccarty and maltby always give it their all. datsyuk and zetterburg gave a good effort, even if they showed it can be easy to take them out of their games in the playoffs. but what was up with guys like hull and shanny? they looked like they WANTED to be playing golf today.

With a Flyers win tonight, there is a small chance that they will have enough left to give TB a good series. I just don’t want to see any injuries, especially on defense. The Flyers can’t afford them. I am rooting for Colorado also…being down 3-0 at one point, they actually turned themselves into an underdog in this series. Both games should be great.

Calgary winning this series is a huge financial boost for that team. I believe that a team generates about 1 million dollars per home playoff game. Can anyone confirm this?

Down Goes Frazia:

If my Wings make it through the Flames, the Sharks are going to present quite a challenge.

.... you must be talk'in about the 2005 playoffs. wink      lol 

the wings and sharks can challenge each other on the golf course, while the avs and flames git it on brow cool_thu

Grading myself

Tampa Bay / Montreal -

TB is healthy, rested and due for some goals out of Lecavalier and Stillman (zero total in rd 1). Montreal is coming off a big upset and will be have a big let down.

Tampa in 4

Philly / Toronto-

Did anyone see the hits that Roberts took in game 7? Toronto is tired and overmatched…the Flyers are hurting at defense.

Flyers in 5

Calgary / Detroit

Calgary is going to get physical with the old guys. I can’t wait to watch this series.

Calgary in 6

Avs - Sharks-

Colorado is so deep and so strong.

Colorado in 6.

I nailed the TB & Calgary series.

I got the Flyers winning the series correct but missed the totals by a game.

The missed on the Avs / Sharks.

If you did not see the hit Roberts put on Kapenan, watch sports center. It was a monster hit. It looked like a concussion hit. I hope not but Sami fell twice trying to get back to the bench.

frickin' remarkable night for SJ. overcame substancial disadvantage on PP, defense continued to limit av's offense, quicker to the puck, nabokov did his thing. just fantastic to see sharks get a little vengence for 2 years ago. of coarse both of those temas would have handled the ones on the ice today. great to move on to the conf. finals..... and we get to face good ole' kip.

overall....av's couldn't get passed their reg season injuries (+ playoff inj). rare that we see such an assembly of talent on one team.

bring on cal!

Originally posted by Eagles Fan:

If you did not see the hit Roberts put on Kapenan, watch sports center. It was a monster hit. It looked like a concussion hit. I hope not but Sami fell twice trying to get back to the bench.

The key is that Sami made every effort to keep the play go'in by getting to the bench....... MF has balls-o-steel angry ....... unlike that Rosie O'Donnell Kovalev who faked the wrist job vs. the Bruins.

And wasn't it Tucker that layed the hit on him... not Roberts ? shrug

2 & 2 for me..... nailed the east and didn't get a pick correct in the west. wall_bas

Even though Tampa went 4-0 vs. Philly in the regular season..... I'll take the Flyers in 6...... and San Jose in 7.

Bier Meister:

Tampa- 6

Philly- 6

Det- 5

SJ- 7

tamp in 4- got team;missed by 2 games.

philly in 6- got it.

cal def. det- missed team; missed series by 2.

SJ def. Col- got team; missed series by 1.

teams: 3/4

series off by 5 games (combined)

Azazello1313:

Down Goes Frazia:

.... you must be talk'in about the 2005 playoffs.    wink        lol

the wings and sharks can challenge each other on the golf course, while the avs and flames git it on brow cool_thu Oops. My sheet shows a tee time for the Avalanche, not the Sharks. lol

Grading myself.

Lightning in 5 - thumbs_u Off by 1 game. Man are the Lightning going to ebe well rested.

Leafs in 7 - thumbs_d Kinda glad it happened, but didn't think Philly and Esche would pullit off. If Philly plays real physical against the Lightning, they have a chance, but as previously mentioned, Tampa will have fresh legs.

Wings in 6 - thumbs_d Wings get stymied by a hot goaltender, again. Don't think Calgary has the talent to beat San Jose, but Kipper could be the difference.

Avalance in 7 - thumbs_d Well, the 'Lanche looked old. I was on the fence about this series, and San Jose was just quicker, and Nabakov outplayed Aebischer.

All in all, I was 1-3. Pretty f'ing pathetic. thumbs_d

Bier Meister:

frickin' remarkable night for SJ.  overcame substancial disadvantage on PP, defense continued to limit av's offense, quicker to the puck, nabokov did his thing.  just fantastic to see sharks get a little vengence for 2 years ago.  of coarse both of those temas would have handled the ones on the ice today.  great to move on to the conf. finals..... and we get to face good ole' kip.

overall....av's couldn't get passed their reg season injuries (+ playoff inj).  rare that we see such an assembly of talent on one team. 

bring on cal!

i kept thinkin...with blake out, sure coulda used derek morris and his shot. or even klemm or devries or any of those guys who've been through the fire, that the avs let walk away. we used to have the best blueline in the league, but this year, one injury to blake and we're worse than mediocre.

what would the odds have been at the start of the season if you picked the final four to be:

tampa bay

philly

san jose

calgary

eek!

Originally posted by Azazello1313:

what would the odds have been at the start of the season if you picked the final four to be:

tampa bay

philly

san jose

calgary

I liked the Flyers from the get.... my puddle squad was stacked with them.... but in no way did I see the other 3 being here.

What I want the most is for San Jose to be the Flames.

RWings

Tampa Bay over Montreal in 6

Philly over Toronto in 7

Detroit over Calgary in 6

Colorado over San Jose in 6

Ouch...2-2. All right in the East, all wrong in the West. And I was so close to picking the Sharks, but I really wanted one more Wings/Avs series!

Eagles Fan:

If you did not see the hit Roberts put on Kapenan, watch sports center.

holy sh*t, the last couple minutes of that game were incredible! i literally stood up out of my seat when tucker laid that hit on kapanen, then there were a couple great scoring chances going both ways (with kapanen stumbling toward the bench) before roenick broke in on right wing with a great shot to win the game.

i've never seen a better two or three minutes of hockey smash cool_thu

Originally posted by xMRogers:

Tampa in 5

One game off - not bad.

Flyers in 6

Nailed it.

Wings in 6

Missed by just a bit :D

Sharks in 6

Nailed it

Not bad - 3-1, got two dead on and missed by one game on the other.

Overall, 9-3.