[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in trouble

alchico

good luck with that :wacko:

Do you really think that teams are completely un-interested in dealing for him ? I mean, the guy has definitely been proven to be a complete punk, but, teams that have struggled for years and are in need of a QB may be able to give him a chance. The guy is still young and has proven himself to be a winner on the field, despite being a complete d-bag off of it. I'm sure that some team could talk themselves into thinking that he is going to learn his lesson moving forward.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think that teams are completely un-interested in dealing for him ? I mean, the guy has definitely been proven to be a complete punk, but, teams that have struggled for years and are in need of a QB may be able to give him a chance. The guy is still young and has proven himself to be a winner on the field, despite being a complete d-bag off of it. I'm sure that some team could talk themselves into thinking that he is going to learn his lesson moving forward.

well, you've always got a glimmer of hope as long as al davis is running things in oakland. but I would be totally shocked if any other team parted with a top 10 pick for ben right now.

well, you've always got a glimmer of hope as long as al davis is running things in oakland. but I would be totally shocked if any other team parted with a top 10 pick for ben right now.

You could be right. With the fact that they are looking to move him becoming more and more public knowledge, the Steelers may have backed themselves into a corner and might feel that they really NEED to move him elsewhere and move on. The PR backlash of keeping him would be a nightmare. I listen to Pittsburgh sports radio daily, and 8 of 10 fans calling in want him gone. There are a lot of players in that locker room that want him gone too, whether they admit or not. He has never been unanimously popular in that locker room, which has been public knowledge around Pittsburgh for years. I really don't think the Steelers have much choice, as getting rid of him seems like the only choice. I truly hope it happens, even though it willl set the Steelers back quite a bit, as they search for and develop a long-term replacement.

You could be right. With the fact that they are looking to move him becoming more and more public knowledge, the Steelers may have backed themselves into a corner and might feel that they really NEED to move him elsewhere and move on. The PR backlash of keeping him would be a nightmare. I listen to Pittsburgh sports radio daily, and 8 of 10 fans calling in want him gone. There are a lot of players in that locker room that want him gone too, whether they admit or not. He has never been unanimously popular in that locker room, which has been public knowledge around Pittsburgh for years. I really don't think the Steelers have much choice, as getting rid of him seems like the only choice. I truly hope it happens, even though it willl set the Steelers back quite a bit, as they search for and develop a long-term replacement.

Interesting.

I'm just picturing Ben in an Oakland uni and it just seems easy to do. Doesn't work with any other team.

6 games. holy crap :wacko:

Could be reduced to 4 if he can trick the shrinks into believing he's not a dangerous psychopathic serial rapist. Good luck with that.

Adam Schefter reporting the Steelers are looking to deal him for a 10-ten draft pick. Good luck with that.

The Steelers will start Leftwich at QB until Ben comes back. Good luck with that.

What a sad and ugly affair.

You could be right. With the fact that they are looking to move him becoming more and more public knowledge, the Steelers may have backed themselves into a corner and might feel that they really NEED to move him elsewhere and move on.

I would say public knowledge of their desire to trade him is the least of your worries as far as impacting his trade value. this is a dude slated to miss 6 games of the season, and could easily get a whole season off if he screws up again. given that this is at least his third publicly revealed major screwup, and he is clearly deficient in intelligence and character, odds aren't in his favor. and he's not that good a football player in any case. you think a team is going to give up a top 10 pick for that??

From NFL.com... 'The Steelers had a brief conversation with the St. Louis Rams over the weekend, according to a league source, but the Rams weren't interested in taking on Roethlisberger. The Steelers wanted to send Roethlisberger to the Rams as part of a package to move up to No. 1 overall in this week's draft and select Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford.'

"Hello...hello?...d'mit I think they hung up on me"

I would say public knowledge of their desire to trade him is the least of your worries as far as impacting his trade value. this is a dude slated to miss 6 games of the season, and could easily get a whole season off if he screws up again. given that this is at least his third publicly revealed major screwup, and he is clearly deficient in intelligence and character, odds aren't in his favor. and he's not that good a football player in any case. you think a team is going to give up a top 10 pick for that??

If I ran a team I wouldn't take him if you gave him to me for nothing and pre-paid his salary. I could see a team like the Raiders parting with a third rounder though.

The Steelers wanted to send Roethlisberger to the Rams as part of a package to move up to No. 1 overall in this week's draft and select Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford.'

:wacko: yeah, I'm sure the Steelers would like to do that. Unless the owner's real name is Dan Muto, i don't think anyone is savvy enough to pull that deal off.

and he's not that good a football player in any case.

This is the only part that I have to disagree with you on. I think he is a phenomenal football player, which makes this whole situation even tougher as a fan. I've read several articles over the last several weeks where writers consider him the 4th best QB in the NFL, so, I don't think it is my 'homer' influence getting in the way. It is really simple for me. The guy is a winner on the field and a loser off of it. Hopefully someone gets enticed enough with what he does on the field to take a chance with who he is off the field. We will know the answer soon enough.....

Adam Schefter via Twitter:

Here are teams that Steelers have called about Roethlisberger: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns.

It would be "unreal" if he were dealt to the Browns. I can't even imagine those first few Browns-Steelers games.

That is a terrific argument. Well done.

yeah well I read several articles over the past several weeks where writers consider him an overrated rapist moron. so now our arguments are equally substantiated.

why don't we just sit back and see whether he gets traded or not, and for what compensation. my prediction is the steelers' fog of denial about what ben is worth to other teams right now will prevent them from moving him anywhere. so he will be back under center for the steelers by midseason, and by week 10 or so you will be snuggled up back safely under his jock, just like you never left....until he makes another gigantic bonehead move.

Menudo who would you rate above him?

Manning, Brees, Brady???

Is he the same tier as Favre, Romo, Rivers, Rodgers?

I see him more of a Palmer, McNabb, E Manning, Ryan, Flacco type QB. Even in the SB wins he was not outstanding. He got the job done but more of a game manager than game changer (though the throw to Holmes was spectacular)