[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in trouble

alchico

These athletes all need to start carrying around consent forms.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These athletes all need to start carrying around consent forms.

Or, all women need to be educated so they understand that any girl would be lucky to get to have sex with someone like Ben Roethlisberger.

Sorry, that still just :wacko:

Or, all women need to be educated so they understand that any girl would be lucky to get to have sex with someone like Ben Roethlisberger.

Sorry, that still just :wacko:

To me this is the biggest hole in this story. C'mon, who would say that to someone who claims they were just raped? Especially if said rape caused $380,000 in actual damages? :D

To me this is the biggest hole in this story. C'mon, who would say that to someone who claims they were just raped? Especially if said rape caused $380,000 in actual damages? :wacko:

Funny, I thought just the opposite. Sounds exactly like the mindset of a multimillionaire who spends a lot of time at a country club talking about tail with the other plaid-pants-wearing dooosh nozzles. I've been exposed to some of that culture and you'd be surprised how callous and out of touch some of those guys are. They treat underlings like gum on the bottom of their shoe whose feelings don't matter or can be paid off. The offer to give her 2 weeks of paid leave when Ben returned for this year's tournament sounded about right too.

I thought this was kind of funny also:

Atlanta-based sports attorney David Cornwell issued a statement on Mr. Roethlisberger's behalf late last night.

"This weekend [the plaintiff] served Ben Roethlisberger with a civil complaint accusing him of sexually assaulting her in July 2008. Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially [the plaintiff]."

Wat? :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Without ferensics or witnesses its just his word against hers. Tough to prove although easier to prove in civil court as you only need majority of jury. IMO - She is not attractive and he could have almost anyone he wanted, so where is the motive? I think she is gold digging.

Without ferensics or witnesses its just his word against hers. Tough to prove although easier to prove in civil court as you only need majority of jury. IMO - She is not attractive and he could have almost anyone he wanted, so where is the motive? I think she is gold digging.

I agree. If her ugly ass ever scored someone half as awesome as Big Ben, she'd be bragging about it for months, not crying rape. Ben should fly out there and give her some, maybe that will shut her up. That is assuming he could even get it up for that skank.

[/sarcasm]

I have no idea if big ben did it or not.... Sadly nothing surprises me anymore with regards to football players and women....or dogs....extra-martial affairs...etc....nor am I shocked that someone would conjure a story such as this for money....

Briefly, having worked with rape victims, what I do know is this...rape is an incident that often leaves a person with intense shame....and this shame can enable the victim to bury the event and not address it much later....sometimes never at all....

Most men think like men and therefor want the evidence right here right now, and can compartmentalize the situation into facts and figures....but that is not the rape victim's psyche...

Again, I have no idea what happened, do not pretend to know...but what I can speak to is that it is not uncommon for a rape victim to take his/her time to come to terms with the event and get to a safe place where s/he can process the information and let it surface...this can take yearS in some cases....

What little I understand of the law is that there is a big difference between criminal and civil suits, and if he pays-up in a civil suit....then.....well....

but what I can speak to is that it is not uncommon for a rape victim to take his/her time to come to terms with the event and get to a safe place where s/he can process the information and let it surface...this can take yearS in some cases....
I can understand the delay, except that she reportedly when to Harrah's management the next day and they supposedly attempted to cover it up. And she still never went to authorities or a doctor/hospital?

She then sought treatment at 5 different hospitals August through December last year for the depression an anxiety, yet she still never went to authorities from all reports. I too suffer from depression and anxiety issues (although not from being raped) and the first thing my doctor talked with me about is possible causes from my life, family, job, etc. Part of knowing about how to treat depression is trying to find out what might be causing it. If it came out in any of those treatments, I'm sure a doctor would have noted an incident of some type of forced sexual contact or rape in her carts...but I would also would have expected the doctor to encourage her to report it to the authorities. Yet there is no mention of this anywhere.

Her lawyer sends a letter to Harrah's management informing them of the incident the previous year. Why was informing them of the incident necessary if she had already told them the day after? And why has it taken 3 additional months after that to go after Roethlisberger? It's not as if additional evidence was being researched or collected.

If all the "evidence" that has been reported in the media is true, then Harrah's conduct seems fishy on the surface, but I also can't believe anyone with any type of management, security, or legal role at Harrah's coming out and saying what they are accused of saying either. I think it also looks really bad for the lady to not even talk with police or authorities. Even if it was to report it and they tell her that with no evidence they can't do much, there at least would have been SOMETHING.

The only person that DOESN'T look strange in this whole ordeal is Ben.

What little I understand of the law is that there is a big difference between criminal and civil suits, and if he pays-up in a civil suit....then.....well....
I'm no lawyer, but I believe it's unanimous for criminal, but just majority for civil. If Big Ben was charged with a crime, he'd would spend whatever it took to keep himself out of jail. Any dollar amount would likely be worth it to stay out of jail. A civil case though, the penalty is usually monetary, so there is a dollar limit on what it's worth. From a strictly financial standpoint, it may be smarter to settle out of court with a known dollar amount and loss of some reputation and marketability, then attempt to go through a trial with unknown legal expenses, any possible judgment amount, plus even more reputation and marketability. Would you rather lose $440k in a settlement, or risk $250k in a legal case that if you lose, turns into $1.76m (triple damages...not sure if that is what the amount really would be)?

• 4 weeks later...

This chick's credibility is sinking. I'm sure that he will just happy to have it over and done with, but, I kind of wish that Ben would sue this biatch for defamation of character. :wacko:

:D

This chick's credibility is sinking. I'm sure that he will just happy to have it over and done with, but, I kind of wish that Ben would sue this biatch for defamation of character. :wacko:

:D

But first she should be charged with perjury and go to jail for that, then Ben can sue her lying ass for every penny she has.

• 6 months later...