[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in trouble

alchico

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to think that we are seeing the end of Big Ben. Local media is killing the guy and even if he is squeaky clean, I can not see the Rooney's letting this crap go. I mean it will really suck if Ben did nothing other than poor judgement wrong, but in the end I think the team has got to do something drastic.

It was a good run, but I think it is coming to an end.

Edited by Skippy

I am starting to think that we are seeing the end of Big Ben. Local media is killing the guy and even if he is squeaky clean, I can not see the Rooney's letting this crap go. I mean it will really suck if Ben did nothing other than poor judgement wrong, but in the end I think the team has got to do something drastic.

Seriously? Will Pittsburgh really let him go? There's about 20 clubs that will beat his door down if they do.

I hear what you are saying Skippy, but, I just don't see them parting ways with him over this. My guess is that IF he is found guilty and/or serves a suspension, he will come out and publicly discuss his alcohol / womenizing issues. Some will forgive him, most won't. However, he is a very talented NFL QB, and right or wrong, once he gets out there and performs, many will forget all about these transgressions (if he finally learned his lesson and doesn't have another "incident")

As for me, it is really tough. I've heard too many stories prior to these incidents about him being a d-bag off the field. I've also heard other personal accounts of him being a great guy off the field. The explanation for this, to me, is alcohol / drugs or both. I know many guys who are good guys until they drink and then they turn into d-bags. I'm extremely angry and disgusted with Roethlisberger for his poor judgment in allowing himself to get into this situation. He put himself above the team, and he has put a proud organization in a tough position. In the end though, I think he will still get one last chance from most. Some will never forgive him, but, if this is his last incident and he performs on the field, many will forgive and eventually forget. The Steelers finally get the QB that they have desperately needed to get over the hump, and he goes and pulls this garbage. It truly is a shame.

Doubt this will happen. James Harrison is still on this team. The Rooney's are good and prudent business people. Too big of an investment in this bum to dump him. As long as he plays well he is safe.

Doubt this will happen. James Harrison is still on this team. The Rooney's are good and prudent business people. Too big of an investment in this bum to dump him. As long as he plays well he is safe.

I am not suggesting that any move is cut in stone and I really hate to rush to judgement, but I can't help but think that we are about to enter a rare occurance with the salary cap and the Steelers will have a great chance to sell. I still don't suggest that I am in favor, I just feel like these sorts of headlines kill the Rooney's. Harrison was a black eye but nothing like this is. This is all over the place with every football fan in the world aware. The commisioner of football has made public comments. Tomlin checking out Tebow the way he did just weeks after the Steelers make it well known that they have zero interest in a TE or QB in this upcoming draft.

I don't know, I hope Menudo is on track up there but I really feel like it is slipping away.

Pals' video only footage of Roethlisberger's night out

By Carl Prine and Scott Brown

PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Thursday, March 25, 2010

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. — As the investigation continues into the alleged sexual assault here of a college student by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, new evidence is emerging about the evening and the "Benapalooza" entourage of beefy buddies who filmed their time partying together.

Carl Cansino, attorney for Capital City nightclub where the incident occurred early March 5, said Wednesday the footage is hardly "Girls Gone Wild." It was shot by an unnamed member of the quarterback's entourage in the nightclub's VIP room. It shows the 20 year-old Georgia College & State University sophomore with Roethlisberger around the time of the incident, he said.

Cansino said he wished the nightclub could provide security video recordings, but the system it uses recorded over the footage, and agents with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation were unable to retrieve any evidence from recordings. No cameras were trained on the staff restroom near a dingy storage corridor where the assault allegedly occurred, he said.

"The DVD system overwrote itself," Cansino said. "Had it just been deleted, they might have been able to save some of it."

Cansino said the video made by Roethlisberger's buddies is the sort of tape anyone would make during a birthday celebration, which is what members of the group told investigators they were doing in this tiny Georgia town.

Please, make it stop !!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

:SamWyche: "You don't play for Baltimore, you're a Pittsburgh Steeler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :/SamWyche:

Edited by Menudo

• 2 weeks later...
Even though the DA said they wouldn't make a decision until Monday. ESPN is reporting that there will probably not be any charges brought against Big Ben.

That is good news to a Steeler fan. Santonio Holmes lawyer claims that he has evidence that will completely exonerate him as well. None of this changes the fact that these guys better have learned their damn lesson. They have tarnished their own images, as well as the image of the Steelers with this garbage. Get back to concentrating on football, and grow the frick up !!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5071769

ESPN is reporting the no charges claim. Now this person has to wonder if Ben and Holmes are out partying tonight to celebrate. What that will prolly come a new round of charges. :wacko:

:D I truly hope they learned their lesson. However, like you, I still have my doubts.

I think Skippy is right.....not having enough evidence to bring charges is NOT the same as being found innocent of any wrong doing. They can't prove one....now they can't prove the other either.....there are no tapes to help either side.

Public opinion will take over...and the Rooneys won't tolerate that sort of distraction to the team and toxic atmosphere. They'll have a sit down with Ben....and STRONGLY advise him to clean up his act.

Whatever happens....the bloom is off the rose. He won't get that all the way back....not in that town and not with those fans. (Including myself) Just like any other pro player, no matter what else they ever achieve, it will always be the first line of the second paragraph or a glaring footnote.

And now, innocent or not, he has a HUGH bullseye on his back for any golddigging, limelight seeking woman who wants her 15 minutes of fame or a nice hushup check. If he isn't innocent, then women should take note to maybe steer clear of him when he's out drinking or whatever.

:wacko: dumbass.