[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in trouble

alchico

So not only do he & his posse get a girl falling-down drunk so that Ben can rape her in a back room while his posse stands guard, but it's a repeated MO for him?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Roethlisberger were done in PIT also. Hopefully they trade him to CLE.

I hope he's done in Pitt as well. Seriously these athletes gotta FN wake up and realize how good they have it. If they want to mess around I'm sure $$ can buy that crap and avoid the legal issues.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Roethlisberger were done in PIT also.

I think that Roger will talk to him and so will the Pitt brass. First interview with the media he'll tell everyone that he's learned alot in the last year or so and he's gonna stay outta trouble... blah blah..

I'll be AMAZED if he gets even a suspension.

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

I think that Roger will talk to him and so will the Pitt brass. First interview with the media he'll tell everyone that he's learned alot in the last year or so and he's gonna stay outta trouble... blah blah..

I'll be AMAZED if he gets even a suspension.

Word is that Dan Rooney was furious after watching the DA's statement. I think that if Goodell doesn't suspend him, the Steelers definitely will.

I will be furious if he doesn't get suspended, and that's saying a lot, because a suspension will hurt the Steelers season.

Word is that Dan Rooney was furious after watching the DA's statement. I think that if Goodell doesn't suspend him, the Steelers definitely will.

I will be furious if he doesn't get suspended, and that's saying a lot, because a suspension will hurt the Steelers season.

He will get suspended, 100% in my opinion.

I find this funny:

"Ben Roethlisberger will formally meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in New York on Tuesday. Roethlisberger will be accompanied by attorney David Cornwell and agent Ryan Tollner. "

Does he really need his agent AND attorney with him when he talks to Goodell? Dude grow a couple and take responsibility for what you did...

Chris Mortensen believes he will be:

Appearing on Mike and Mike in the Morning Tuesday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen predicted that Ben Roethlisberger will be suspended by the NFL despite avoiding charges that he sexually assaulted a girl in March.

Mort made it clear that this isn't a report, but predicted that Big Ben will -- at the least -- be subject to regular drug testing after allegedly supplying the 20-year-old student with enough shots to get her "highly intoxicated" before taking her into a bathroom. If Roethlisberger is suspended, Mort predicted a similar situation to Brandon Marshall's last year, with the ban being reduced from two games to one after the player meets certain behavior standards. Roethlisberger is meeting with the commish on Tuesday.

Link

There is currently a third girl reporting the exact same thing. This happened in Vegas about six months ago. The attorney that reported this did it this morning on Boston radio. I have no link but it was just reported on local Pitt news.

I mean it is not open but that there was a girl that reported the same exact thing and dropped it while in Vegas six months ago.

Edited by Skippy

There is currently a third girl reporting the exact same thing. This happened in Vegas about six months ago. The attorney that reported this did it this morning on Boston radio. I have no link but it was just reported on local Pitt news.

I mean it is not open but that there was a girl that reported the same exact thing and dropped it while in Vegas six months ago.

Skippy, what are your thoughts on all of this garbage ? I'm to the point where I would be fine if they got rid of him, though, I doubt that will happen. At the very least, he BETTER get suspended. He is going to be very hard to root for.

Skippy, what are your thoughts on all of this garbage ? I'm to the point where I would be fine if they got rid of him, though, I doubt that will happen. At the very least, he BETTER get suspended. He is going to be very hard to root for.

My thoughts are so mixed that I am not even sure what I think. Part of me thinks they should show him the door right now. That is the silly part of me as that just won't happen but another part of me thinks that this guy has been convicted of nothing. Not even a speeding ticket according to his lawyer. Accused and convicted are two different things for sure but someone that continues to put himself in all the wrong situations should be sent to the Jets for a fifth rounder. Local talk, I have been out and about all day today, is not very sympathetic at all.

But my honest thoughts to the latest report are not formed yet. I am suspicious why we would only here about this today. I have no idea how credible the report is but it is indeed a report otherwise it would not have been reported on the news. How true it is…:wacko:

I expect a suspension at the very least here and I still think we are begging to see the end of the Big Ben era.

but another part of me thinks that this guy has been convicted of nothing.

But my honest thoughts to the latest report are not formed yet. I am suspicious why we would only here about this today. I have no idea how credible the report is but it is indeed a report otherwise it would not have been reported on the news. How true it is…:wacko:

Read post #167 in this thread.

Although Roger Goodell met with Ben Roethlisberger on Tuesday, the commissioner is not expected to hand down a suspension in the near future.

NFL Senior VP of Public Relations Greg Aiello indicated that the league will review the facts and "follow up at the appropriate time" as they do in all incident relating to the personal conduct policy. While Roethlisberger escapes immediate suspension from the NFL, the Steelers are fully expected to sit him down for a game or two. Apr. 13 - 5:04 pm et

NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora expects Ben Roethlisberger to receive a 1-2 game suspension after speaking to members of the Steelers organization.

RW

Edited by burton

A Boston attorney claimed on WEEI sports radio today that he knows of another case involving Ben Roethlisberger, a Las Vegas night club, and "identical" allegations to the ones he was just cleared of in Georgia. So this isn't over?

Harry Manion, a managing partner at the firm of Cooley Manion Jones, was invited on the Dennis & Callahan show to discuss Roethlisbeger's current legal situation and he began with the disclosure that six months ago, he was retained by a client to investigate accusations that were "absolutely identical to this Georgia girl's story." He says the woman did not want to proceed and the case was dropped before action was taken. But other than this vague unverifiable claim, he's not talking! (You can listen to the whole interview here.)

According to Manion, these allegations that Manion just brought up, unprompted, suggest a pattern of recklessness that will damage Big Ben's reputation. He told the media that he will not comment further, but the incident he's not commenting on allegedly took place in a public space and involved non-consensual "sexual touching." Manion said that once he explained to the alleged victim that her privacy would be destroyed by the all-consuming media, she decided not to pursue it. Thankfully, no one will be interested in finding out who she is now.

So basically, a high profile defense attorney just went on the radio hours before Ben Roethlisberger was to meet with the NFL commissioner and accused the quarterback of being a serial groper with no regard for the well-being of himself or any drunk woman aged 19-26. And if that wasn't bad enough, Big Ben's Beef Jerky no longer wants its jerked meat products to be associated with him. (Update: And a police dog he was tangentially connected to bit a 9-year-old!) It's been a busy week.

Probably nothing to this, but some of the guys at the gym this morning were talking about a radio report (supposedly from the Mike and Mike show on ESPN) that St. Louis has made an offer to Pittsburgh for Roethlisberger. Supposedly includes a pick this year and one next year. Again, nothing I can confirm or find a link to while here at work, but more than one of the guys mentioned it.