[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minn - Denver result

Ursa Majoris

Wait wait... I ust got here.

The team that has KG and Sprewell is calling someone else "low-class"??

Ok. I was trying to remember if I was stoned this morning. That settles it. Please continue. This is most hilarious to anyone outside of Minnesota... lol

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...you guys are funny! All this animosity between the two teams started after the Nuggets victory in game 3...when they started trash talking. In fact Ellson or whatever his name is was supposedly mouthing off outside the T-Wolves bus after the game. When KG showed up, then Ellson was no where to be found. Now this pussie is claiming KG took a cheapshot at him, and Az himself says it was more of a "lovetap". Wahhhh :D

Say what you want about Sprewell...hard to defend a guy with a history like he has, but he has been the consummate team player all year long.

But to say Garnett is classless, just shows you guys have been in the altitude too long.

lol @ Anthony, promising their will be some punches thrown when he knows he probably won't be playing tonite. Wonder if he'll do better then 1 for 16 if he does play. :P

Man...can't believe I just had that much to say about the NBA...which still sucks by the way! :rolleyes:

BillyBalata:

In fact Ellson or whatever his name is was supposedly mouthing off outside the T-Wolves bus after the game. When KG showed up, then Ellson was no where to be found.

:D nice try

Long after Game 3 was over, Camby chatted with Sprewell and Wolves center Oliver Miller outside the Minnesota team bus. When Elson stopped by, several eyewitnesses said Garnett came off the bus and approached Elson. Garnett confronted Elson with the words, ''You got words?'' The two began having words. But nothing physical ensued and Minnesota coach Flip Saunders ended the whole incident by getting K.G. back on the bus. From then on, things really got heated between the two teams.
espn

Whatever, I'm really lookin' forward to tonight. That crowd at Target Center needs something to wake 'em up, I have to say that Minnesota sports fans are way too uncommitted and laid back. That goes for Twins, Vikings and Wolves, though not necessarily the Wild.

Thank God this series has an edge, the rest of the games have been tedious. BTW, it's my wife that's the real NBA fanatic, I just tag along to keep her out of jail. :D

AtomicCEO:

Wait wait... I ust got here.

The team that has KG and Sprewell is calling someone else "low-class"??

Ok.  I was trying to remember if I was stoned this morning.  That settles it.  Please continue.  This is most hilarious to anyone outside of Minnesota... lol 

:P KG rocks. I've met him, he oozes class.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7293404

Elson apologizes, but Garnett could care less

April 29, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports

DENVER -- Denver Nuggets rookie center Francisco Elson apologized Thursday for calling Kevin Garnett "gay" after the Timberwolves' star hit him in the groin during a game.

Advertisement

Elson contended Garnett intentionally hit him during Minnesota's 84-82 victory Tuesday night, and he made the remark the next day in practice.

Elson apologized after he was chastised by gay and lesbian groups.

"I realize my comments were insensitive and they were out of character for me," he said in a statement the team released. "However, I take full responsibility and I have learned a valuable lesson."

Garnett wouldn't comment on Elson's remarks or his apology.

"I really couldn't care less about what they're saying over there," he said. "I don't even know half those guys' names. I'm just focused on winning this game and moving on."

The Timberwolves lead the series 3-1, with Game 5 on Friday in Minnesota.

Elson has been one of the leading instigators in Denver's physical approach against Garnett. The two had several heated exchanges in Game 3, which Denver won by 19, and it continued in Game 4.

Elson knocked Garnett into the seats behind the basket with a hard foul early in the game, and the two exchanged words after Garnett tangled with Marcus Camby while fighting for a loose ball. Elson and Garnett also reportedly yelled back and forth outside of Minnesota's bus after the game, and Elson kept the banter going with his comments Wednesday.

"That's a cheap shot by a low-class type player," Elson said. "You don't do that. That's gay on his part. I told him that he was gay, too, for touching me in my private parts."

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

I was watching last night and you would think the Wolves had just won the freaking championship the way the announcers were gushing about them getting out of the FIRST ROUND. C'mon already.

EDIT: I'm not for Denver or Minnesota: just comical the way the announcers were creaming their pants with excitement.

borge007:

Where's mouthman Az when you need him? Go Wolves! head_ban 

lol

trying to be like your hero spre, huh? when you get lucky and win, run over to the other team's bench and start thumping your scrawny chest and hollering in their face. nothin' but class.

don't tell me you weren't sweating when they cut that 26 point lead down to 6.

Chief Dick:

I was watching last night and you would think the Wolves had just won the freaking championship the way the announcers were gushing about them getting out of the FIRST ROUND. C'mon already.

EDIT: I'm not for Denver or Minnesota: just comical the way the announcers were creaming their pants with excitement.

They have to make it sound exciting - these fricking playoffs go for 2 months.

thumbs_d

Azazello1313:

don't tell me you weren't sweating when they cut that 26 point lead down to 6.

Don't mind admitting I was, I've seen leads like that blown here before. That useless streak of piss Olowokandi was the main problem. Once we got rid of him we were able to hold off what was a ferocious challenge. Your man Lenard (ex-Gopher :D ) and his little sidekick Boykins were very good, as usual. thumbs_u

Yes, we celebrated like mad things - when you get defeated in the first round seven years running it tends to come as a relief when you finally make it. I think we have a good shout against Sacramento too, having beaten them away twice this year.

• 3 weeks later...
Azazello1313:

who wants to put somethin on the line on the min/sac series?  thinking 

****...I would have taken that bet, Az. In fact, I won some money off my buddy on the same wager.

Wanna bet me the Wolves-Lakers gets past Game 5? I've been hearing a lot of Laker-Knob-Slobbing in the sports media for the last couple of days.

Swiss Cheezhead:

Azazello1313:

who wants to put somethin on the line on the min/sac series?      thinking

****...I would have taken that bet, Az. In fact, I won some money off my buddy on the same wager.

Wanna bet me the Wolves-Lakers gets past Game 5? I've been hearing a lot of Laker-Knob-Slobbing in the sports media for the last couple of days.

LMFAO! lol :D

before the series, all the loudmouth minny fans ignore that comment like the plague, but then AFTER sac hands you the series, you say "i woulda taken that bet". classic. yeah yeah, i know...you hadn't checked in or whatever. but still...AFTER the series is over and your team really didn't even play well?? and then to top it off, you're willing to REALLY lay it out on the line and say "hey, i'll bet the number 1 seed doesn't get swept".

but actually...you say "gets past game 5", so that means if the lakers win in 4 or 5, i win. if the lakers win in 6 or 7, or the wolves win in 4, 5, 6 or 7, then you win? even though it's a pathetic challenge to make, that's still a bad bet for you. what do you want to put on it?

LMFAO @ at AZ and your loudmouth act. We haven't heard from you in 20 days...so take it somewhere else. You'd think you'd at least be smart enough to realize it was a cheesehead that all of the sudden chimed up saying he would take your bet.

Azazello1313:

LMFAO!  lol      :D

before the series, all the loudmouth minny fans ignore that comment like the plague, but then AFTER sac hands you the series, you say "i woulda taken that bet".  classic.  yeah yeah, i know...you hadn't checked in or whatever.  but still...AFTER the series is over and your team really didn't even play well??  and then to top it off, you're willing to REALLY lay it out on the line and say "hey, i'll bet the number 1 seed doesn't get swept".

First of all, the T-Wolves aren't "my team". I just thought they were good enough to beat the Kings with 4 games at the Target Center. And, like I said, it's not something I just thought of after the series ended -- I actually did make a bet with my buddy and won. It's okay if you don't believe me.

Azazello1313:

you say "gets past game 5", so that means if the lakers win in 4 or 5, i win.  if the lakers win in 6 or 7, or the wolves win in 4, 5, 6 or 7, then you win?  even though it's a pathetic challenge to make, that's still a bad bet for you.  what do you want to put on it?

Well, I checked this thread on Friday to see if anyone responded, but no one had. So, I realize you'll probably accuse me of waiting until Minn had a 10-pt lead at half time of Game 2, but it's just coincidence.

That said, the Game 1 loss doesn't bother me. You're probably right about it being "a pathetic challenge", but, like I said before, there's been a lot of people sucking the collective knob of the overrated Lakers. Plus, it must not have been too pathetic -- it sounds like you'll accept it.

To answer your question, I'll put, say, $40 on the Wolves winning 2 games or more. If I win, you can hold onto the money until after I win Huddler's Refuge. If you win, I'll send a check right after the series.

Deal?

Swiss Cheezhead:

I realize you'll probably accuse me of waiting until Minn had a 10-pt lead at half time of Game 2, but it's just coincidence.

lol you don't say?

the lakers mailed one in game 2. i don't trust them not to do it again, so i'm not going to bet on them winning 3 straight.

but i'll give you 2-to-1 on the series, you put up 20, i'll put up 40. shrug

p.s. must be accepted BEFORE tipoff of game 3 :D :P lol

Azazello1313:

Swiss Cheezhead:

I realize you'll probably accuse me of waiting until Minn had a 10-pt lead at half time of Game 2, but it's just coincidence.

lol you don't say?

the lakers mailed one in game 2. i don't trust them not to do it again, so i'm not going to bet on them winning 3 straight.

Oh please...let's get something straight. So it's okay for you to wait until after Game 1 to accept the bet, but you're giving me sh*t for posting here at halftime of Game 2? lol So you're really that surprised the T-Wolves won ONE game out of the first two at home? That's what's going to dissuade you from taking my bet? Lame.

I'll take your 2-1 odds and I'll tell you why. Game 1 was a fluke. The Lakers played a near-perfect game and the Wolves were still in it till the very end. I think Game 2 was less a case of the Lakers "mailing one in" and more the case of Phil getting out-coached by Flip.

The Wolves were simply a better team last night and they've convinced me they're a better team overall.

Our bet stands, but my prediction is Wolves in 6.

Swiss Cheezhead:

but my prediction is Wolves in 6.

If that's the case, I'll be camping out at Target Center for tix for the NBA Finals, 'cos game 6 is in LA.

I got tix to all 4 conference finals games, but the final series will be a lot harder to get.