[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minn - Denver result

Ursa Majoris

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swiss Cheezhead:

Oh please...let's get something straight. So it's okay for you to wait until after Game 1 to accept the bet, but you're giving me sh*t for posting here at halftime of Game 2? 

dude, we're talking about a bet that a #1 seed with home court can win a measely 2 frigging games in a 7 game series. no way i'd take that before the series, even if i thought it would happen (and i still do), because it's a lopsided bet. my offer was clearly made with the game 1 result in mind...you can't accept that sh*t halfway into game 2 and expect it to still stand.

giving up 2-to-1 to a #1 seed is still a joke, but i'm more than happy to roll with that one, because as long as the lakers show up the wolves are totally overmatched.

Azazello1313:

because as long as the lakers show up the wolves are totally overmatched.

You need to replace "are" with "ought to be". The whole seems to be greater than the sum of it's parts.

Unlike you to be so overconfident, but at least you're backing your mouth with money. thumbs_u

Giving up 2-1 odds to a #1 seed is a joke... for the team with the #1 seed (in this case). If you really wanted to bet on the Lakers before the series started, you had to give up 2.5 (or more) to 1 odds. After LA already got one in Minny, you should probably have to give up more than that.

Whatever. We have a deal.

The Lakers will fall victim to their terrible chemistry and earn me forty bucks.

And, in case you missed it Frazia, THAT is exactly why the T-Wolves are a better team overall. They're tougher mentally and they have better chemistry. Or were you just talking about "on paper"? :D

Swiss Cheezhead:

And, in case you missed it Frazia, THAT is exactly why the T-Wolves are a better team overall. They're tougher mentally and they have better chemistry.

i guess they must be layin in the weeds, then shrug

shaq and kobe is just one heII of a potent playoff recipe.

Azazello1313:

Swiss Cheezhead:

And, in case you missed it Frazia, THAT is exactly why the T-Wolves are a better team overall. They're tougher mentally and they have better chemistry.

i guess they must be layin in the weeds, then shrug

shaq and kobe is just one heII of a potent playoff recipe.

Well, yeah...and Derek Fisher has been shooting the lights out. He might be a nice guy, but I'm surprised he can see the basket from behind those lips.

Other than that, there were/are three glaring reasons why the Wolves lost the last two games:

1. The final rebounding statistics don't really reflect it, but Minnesota got DOMINATED on the boards tonight. It looked like there were 3 Lakers for every T-Wolf under the rim while shots were in the air. KG is a better rebounder than Shaq and Minnesota has at least as much size as L.A., so the rebounding difference is puzzling. I can only attribute it to the Wolves' defense being so spread out by the numerous Laker players who have been knocking shots down.

2. Garnett is simply not getting calls at Staple. In the first half, it seemed the refs were allowing lots of contact for both teams. Then, in the second half, I couldn't help but notice they were blowing the whistle on Shaq's defender as soon as he got the ball. Seriously -- Shaq had 10 field goal attempts and FIFTEEN free throws. KG had 24 field goal attempts and FIVE free throws. And Garnett didn't shoot a whole lot of jump shots in this game. Once again, no consistency from the officials.

3. Sam Cassell must be hurting badly. Minnesota is a completely different team without him. His presence is felt throughout an entire game, but what the T-Wolves are missing MOST is somebody who can hit big shots at the end of games. In games 3 and 4, with L.A. ahead in the 4th quarter, the Wolves had opportunities to get back in the game. The Lakers went cold a couple of times and how did the Wolves answer? With masonry. No one could close the gap. Even the shots that Spree has made were canceled out by the 2 or 3 he missed before and after. Cassell is that guy.

If I were Flip Saunders, I'd try to rest Cassell for Game 5 as well, unless he's needed badly in the 2nd half. Their only chance to win Game 6 in L.A. is with Cassell.

Originally posted by Swiss Cheezhead:

The Lakers will fall victim to their terrible chemistry and earn me forty bucks.

LMFAO...... you better plan on life without that 40. lol .....

And, in case you missed it Frazia, THAT is exactly why the T-Wolves are a better team overall. They're tougher mentally and they have better chemistry. Or were you just talking about "on paper"? :D

no I'm talk'in for real.....to spout off & say the Wolves are better team overall is just plain talk'in outcher ass, dude. coach

Kobe coulda had 51 instead of 31 last night if he wanted to..... & 19/19 from the diesel was without even break'in a sweat.

the wolves are toast.

I can certainly understand and respect the loyalty of the Wolves fans... but anyone who truly thought the Wolves were beating the Lakers (and I don't think there were many) were truly kidding themselves. Please don't overreact when/if the Lakers don't bring their best game into Game 5, and the Wolves win. It'll be over Monday night in LA. Seriously, its the NBA. The better team wins. It's not about home court, its about being better, and being motivated. The better, motivated team seemingly always wins. The reason there aren't more sweeps, is because its difficult to stay motivated, when you know you can win if you "bring it".

(you may read this twice, there seems to be two threads going, I'll copy & Paste, in case you miss one)

Swiss Cheezhead:

2. Garnett is simply not getting calls at Staple. In the first half, it seemed the refs were allowing lots of contact for both teams. Then, in the second half, I couldn't help but notice they were blowing the whistle on Shaq's defender as soon as he got the ball. Seriously -- Shaq had 10 field goal attempts and FIFTEEN free throws. KG had 24 field goal attempts and FIVE free throws. And Garnett didn't shoot a whole lot of jump shots in this game. Once again, no consistency from the officials.

garnett's game is totally different than shaq's. KG doesn't dominate inside with physicality the way shaq does, and he doesn't have teams organize their entire defensive strategy around INTENTIONALLY putting him at the line. KG's offensive game is basically using his length and quickness to get little jumpers that can't be defended; it's a game that doesn't get him to the line very often. and that basically bears out over his entire NBA career -- his career average is under 5 FTs per game. shaq's career average is over 10 per game, and even higher in the playoffs.

seriously...before the series, wolves fans were talking up the fact that they had 24 fouls to throw at shaq every night, since they've got 4 worthless slugs at center. now they're whining about a free throw disparity between shaq and KG. gimme a break thumbs_d

Azazello1313:

now they're whining about a free throw disparity between shaq and KG.  gimme a break    thumbs_d 

I'm not "whining about a disparity". I'd have to be pretty naive to think there wouldn't be a disparity between the two. But the difference in Game 4 was a little much.

If you watched the game, there's no way you could honestly say the refs were calling the same kind of contact in the 2nd half.

Swiss Cheezhead:

Azazello1313:

now they're whining about a free throw disparity between shaq and KG.  gimme a break  thumbs_d

I'm not "whining about a disparity". I'd have to be pretty naive to think there wouldn't be a disparity between the two. But the difference in Game 4 was a little much.

If you watched the game, there's no way you could honestly say the refs were calling the same kind of contact in the 2nd half.

David Stern was on the phone to the refs at halftime. Game was too close. lol

Check's in the mail......

Down Goes Frazia:

Swiss Cheezhead:

And, in case you missed it Frazia, THAT is exactly why the T-Wolves are a better team overall. They're tougher mentally and they have better chemistry. Or were you just talking about "on paper"?    :D 

no I'm talk'in for real.....to spout off & say the Wolves are better team overall is just plain talk'in outcher ass, dude. coach

Kobe coulda had 51 instead of 31 last night if he wanted to..... & 19/19 from the diesel was without even break'in a sweat.

the wolves are toast.

I'm "talkin' out my ass"? And you had to wait until the Lakers were up 3-1 to tell me that? :rolleyes:

Just to be clear, I still believe the Wolves are a better team overall -- with Cassell. I'm not making excuses, since I was fully aware of his injury when I made the bet. However, the last two games in L.A. have been a lot closer than they should have been. The Lakers have played GREAT basketball and the Wolves have still made things interesting. A healthy Cassell (or even Troy Hudson) would change the landscape of both of those games.

The fact of the matter is this: I backed up what I said with a bet. You made some comment about the "color of the sky" in my world, disappeared for the next two games, and are now back to gobbling the Lakers' cocks. yawn

And, by the way, please learn how to use the quotation tool in your posts -- it's really not that difficult. applause

Azazello1313:

Swiss Cheezhead:

I'm not "whining about a disparity". 

oh? my bad...i guess i misinterpreted..

Seriously -- Shaq had 10 field goal attempts and FIFTEEN free throws. KG had 24 field goal attempts and FIVE free throws. 
shrug Don't pretend not to understand, Az. There's a difference between a "disparity" and a "HUGE difference". Get it? :D

Swiss Cheezhead:

Azazello1313:

so you were whining about a HUGE disparity?  :confused:

Basically, yes. wall_bas Did you watch the game? yeah. i saw a lakers team basically in cruise control keeping the wolves at bay, a game whose outcome was never in question shrug

Swiss, you've been eating some really moldy cheese lately, or your flyboy head is still so far up your arse that even you can't understand what you're saying big_shoc Wolves better than the Lakers?!? ROTFLMMFAOAY smash

Let's start and finish this assanine arguement of your's with this one simple question: Whom does Minnehaha have to stop Shaq?. Your answer: No one, no way, no how, not in this freakin' world or your universe far far away wall_bas Period the end. Lakers in 6, Spurs were a waayyy tougher matchup for the LA Crew than the Wolves are. Bring on Detroit and Rasheed coach

Hugh B Tool:

Swiss, you've been eating some really moldy cheese lately, or your flyboy head is still so far up your arse that even you can't understand what you're saying big_shoc    Wolves better than the Lakers?!? ROTFLMMFAOAY smash

Let's start and finish this assanine arguement of your's with this one simple question: Whom does Minnehaha have to stop Shaq?. Your answer: No one, no way, no how, not in this freakin' world or your universe far far away    wall_bas  Period the end. Lakers in 6, Spurs were a waayyy tougher matchup for the LA Crew than the Wolves are. Bring on Detroit and Rasheed coach 

Incredible analysis, Hugh Brain. And it was amazing how you worked in a "flyboy" reference, too. applause

ROTFLMMAOAKLUJOUWLJDLJFLAHJDHFJLKDJ!!!!!

Well, F it, I'm with Swiss. The T-Wolves ARE a better team than the Lakers given an even playing field and full strength. The NBA referees most definitely allow Shaq to get away with fouls that others don't get "because he's a star" and they don't want him fouling out by half-time, which he assuredly would if the rules were applied to everyone the same. He travels all the time too.

And of course both of you have no answer to my question, big_shoc because the Wolves don't have one. So my reasoning can be short and sweet Cheese, because I'm right. If you can't take the most dominant player out of his game how do you win the series? Add the most talented player this side of Garnett in the NBA and the Wolves can't bust a grape against the Lakes. Don't give me that Shaq crap either, the man gets hacked and pushed more than any player in the game. If he did half the stuff they do to him other players would be out of the series.

Flyboy still bothers you swissy? go figure wink

Ursa Majoris:

The T-Wolves ARE a better team than the Lakers given an even playing field and full strength. 

i guess we'll just have to take your word for it, since:

1) the wolves are getting schooled like little b*tchpups in this series

2) the wolves have never won anything; and

3) the lakers are most likely headed to their 3rd title in 4 years, or 4th in 5 years, or whatever

Azazello1313:

Ursa Majoris:

The T-Wolves ARE a better team than the Lakers given an even playing field and full strength. 

i guess we'll just have to take your word for it, since:

1) the wolves are getting schooled like little b*tchpups in this series

2) the wolves have never won anything; and

3) the lakers are most likely headed to their 3rd title in 4 years, or 4th in 5 years, or whatever

I guess in all round basketball sense, including every aspect of the game, you have a point. The Wolves have several weaknesses that surface from time to time. Amongst these are turnovers and offensive rebounds allowed, but the most glaring is their inability to get to the line. They rank about 25th in the league - yet they win far more than they lose because they are able to overcome it most times with shooting.

If you look at the box scores, the free throw disparity is greater than the winning margin. Refs unwillingness to call Shaq exacerbates this weakness.