[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manny and Ortiz CHEATED

The Wolf

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4366335

And somehow, their names never were mentioned in the Mitchell Report, a man who happens to be affiliated with the Red Sux. And, somehow BIll James, a Red Sux consutant, issues a report only days ago that states that using PEDs has no impact on statistice.

Coincidence? I think not. More ass-covering by the cheaters up North...

You just dont know who truly did it the old fashioned way in baseball anymore. I am not a fan of the Cards but I really hope we dont hear Pujols has juiced because I would love to root for a great baseball player one of these days that doesnt end up a cheater.

:wacko: Ken Griffey Jr

You just dont know who truly did it the old fashioned way in baseball anymore. I am not a fan of the Cards but I really hope we dont hear Pujols has juiced because I would love to root for a great baseball player one of these days that doesnt end up a cheater.

:wacko: Ken Griffey Jr

Griffey might be the only player in the world that would shock me about juicing.....

Ortiz seems like a pretty cool guy but it is no surprise here....This guy became a superstar overnight, and now we know why..

And I agree wit you about pujols...I hope he never shows up in any steroid related issues...It would be refreshing to see somebody that can play as good as he can...the right way...

Ortiz, after his 2-for-3 performance that included a three-run homer in the seventh inning that gave the Red Sox the lead for good, issued a statement.

"Today I was informed by a reporter that I was on the 2003 list of MLB players to test positive for performance-enhancing substances. This happened right before our game, and the news blindsided me.

"I want to talk about this situation and I will as soon as I have more answers. In the meantime I want to let you know how I am approaching this situation. One, I have already contacted the Players Association to confirm if this report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive.

"Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me -- I will not hide and I will not make excuses."

I like Papi.

This part is weird though:

As part of the drug agreement between the union and MLB, the results of the testing of 1,198 players also were meant to be anonymous. Penalties began in 2004 and suspensions for a first positive test started in 2005.

Hunter told ESPN.com: "Whoever got that list is just playing with Major League Baseball right now. Either put [the list] away, or just put it out. It was anonymous and now the names are leaking and it's a joke."

That's true for sure. It was meant to be anonymous, and now people are just leaking out bits of it whenever they want? Why do the Red Sox this week? Why not the Devil Rays?

I like Papi.

This part is weird though:

That's true for sure. It was meant to be anonymous, and now people are just leaking out bits of it whenever they want? Why do the Red Sox this week? Why not the Devil Rays?

I have as big a problem with this as I do with the players cheating. This was meant to be an anonymous test, and now irresponsible people are leaking names whenever they feel like it. When one name was leaked, they ALL should have been leaked. Get it out in the open and over with already.

The players may have cheated and the owners and MLB may have let them initially, but if I am a player, I have a hard time trusting anybody right now. Unless, of course, I was totally clean and had nothing to worry about.

Conseco is saying that there is a HOF guy on that list. He has been right about 99% of the stuff he has said about Steroids. It would be the icing on the cake if its someone like Ripkin.

BTW - The Papi thing broke my heart. You watch baseball every night for 6 months and you live and die wih your team. Even though I am 35 years old, baseball brings out the kid in you. This is bigger than Arod and Papi. This is about the purity of the game is gone.

As far as I am concerned they can take away the 2004 & 2007 banners from us. My heart is broken and it doesn't get worse than the news I heard yesterday.

:wacko: what a shocker

Papi is one of the THE poster children for roids and HGH, - the dudes numbers jump tremendously during the PED era, and now he his body is breaking down all over the place and his power is gone, gee whiz ya think??

Junior and Jeter are about the only players that are getting the benefit of the doubt from me - their numbers and careers will be even more impressive when all is said and done

F these guys and MLB - I am over it, bring on football already

Conseco is saying that there is a HOF guy on that list. He has been right about 99% of the stuff he has said about Steroids. It would be the icing on the cake if its someone like Ripkin.

BTW - The Papi thing broke my heart. You watch baseball every night for 6 months and you live and die wih your team. Even though I am 35 years old, baseball brings out the kid in you. This is bigger than Arod and Papi. This is about the purity of the game is gone.

As far as I am concerned they can take away the 2004 & 2007 banners from us. My heart is broken and it doesn't get worse than the news I heard yesterday.

Uh, I'm 99% certain the HoFer he's referring to is Rickey Henderson.

:wacko: what a shocker

Papi is one of the THE poster children for roids and HGH, - the dudes numbers jump tremendously during the PED era, and now he his body is breaking down all over the place and his power is gone, gee whiz ya think??

Junior and Jeter are about the only players that are getting the benefit of the doubt from me - their numbers and careers will be even more impressive when all is said and done

F these guys and MLB - I am over it, bring on football already

I'd put Maddux and Mariano Rivera on that short list as well.

Perfectly written...the purity of the game IS gone when its best players are cheating. I am sorry about the bolded part. At least we now know that you are a man of honor and want to win the right way.