[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coaches Poll

neilfish2

RECORD PTS PVS

1. Florida (53)

2. Texas (4)

3. Oklahoma (1)

4. USC (1)

5. Alabama

6. Ohio State

7. Virginia Tech

8. Penn State

9. LSU

10. Mississippi

11. Oklahoma State

12. California

13. Georgia

14. Oregon

15. Georgia Tech

16. Boise State

17. TCU

18. Utah

19. Florida State

20. North Carolina

21. Iowa

22. Nebraska

23. Notre Dame

24. Brigham Young

25. Oregon State

I don't think it's a surprise that Florida is the preseason #1. The entire defense returns along with most of the offense. In addition, the Gators have a very favorable schedule. But preseason polls are relatively meaningless--I kind of hoping Florida is there in the final polls.

#8 for PSU....not bad. They definitely have talent returning, but, I'm very concerned about WR & DB depth.

I'm always embarrassed a bit by their out-of-conference schedule, but, this year is a complete JOKE: Akron, Syracuse, Temple, & Eastern Illinois :wacko:

At least next year they start a home-and-home with Alabama.

And there you have it... the BIGGEST flaw in the BCS. Florida and Texas just got a bigger advantage than anyone and didn't have to take a snap to do it. Gotta love it!

I agree that this is a huge flaw in the system, along with the fact that there is no playoff system in place.

I do not agree with Pre-season ranks are factered in the BCS rankings.

Don't know how you can't. It's the equivalent of some golfers starting out under par, and others starting out over par. The fact that THIS poll represents 1/3 of the BCS formula says it all. Ask members of the 2004 Auburn Tigers or the 2004 Utah Utes if preseason polls don't matter. They run the table to play catch up all year, to 2 teams that were simply hand picked before the season even started to be #1 and #2. No one can deny that USC and Oklahoma weren't worthy contenders, but no one can deny that Auburn and Utah weren't either. It's August 8th and every team is 0-0, yet some 0-0 teams get an unfair advantage.

Don't know how you can't. It's the equivalent of some golfers starting out under par, and others starting out over par. The fact that THIS poll represents 1/3 of the BCS formula says it all. Ask members of the 2004 Auburn Tigers or the 2004 Utah Utes if preseason polls don't matter. They run the table to play catch up all year, to 2 teams that were simply hand picked before the season even started to be #1 and #2. No one can deny that USC and Oklahoma weren't worthy contenders, but no one can deny that Auburn and Utah weren't either. It's August 8th and every team is 0-0, yet some 0-0 teams get an unfair advantage.

Clearly the system is not flawed, it is broken. There is no way that even if they garner two losses somehow, at the end of the season Florida and Texas will still not be spoken of in the race for the NC. All because they were given the gift of being atop the Coaches poll before the season started. It is very painful to continue to watch this travesty play out in the media each and every year.

Clearly the system is not flawed, it is broken. There is no way that even if they garner two losses somehow, at the end of the season Florida and Texas will still not be spoken of in the race for the NC. All because they were given the gift of being atop the Coaches poll before the season started. It is very painful to continue to watch this travesty play out in the media each and every year.

Given Florida's schedule, if they lose two games, they will not be in the NC discussion.

• 4 weeks later...

Game of the Year is in Dallas. Shame one of those teams is probably out of the chase unless a crazy 3 way tie happen again, and Texas better hope that doesnt happen, because OU once again will have a much better out of conference schedule.

What I hate about this system is a team from the Big 10 can go undefeated and still they are at best the 5th best team in the country. Have to root for SC against OSU then OSU to beat Penn St to get those 2 teams outta the chase.

Also hate there is such a layoff, as it always seems to hurt my team in the bowls... Would have loved seeing OU/FLA in December. Both of those teams were much better then.

IMO, there shouldnt be a poll until Mid October. Gives every team a chance to earn their way into the poll.

Game of the Year is in Dallas. Shame one of those teams is probably out of the chase unless a crazy 3 way tie happen again, and Texas better hope that doesnt happen, because OU once again will have a much better out of conference schedule.

What I hate about this system is a team from the Big 10 can go undefeated and still they are at best the 5th best team in the country. Have to root for SC against OSU then OSU to beat Penn St to get those 2 teams outta the chase.

Also hate there is such a layoff, as it always seems to hurt my team in the bowls... Would have loved seeing OU/FLA in December. Both of those teams were much better then.

IMO, there shouldnt be a poll until Mid October. Gives every team a chance to earn their way into the poll.

No matter the name, the song remains the same. Let me place my giant buttocks upon the Big Ten and expel noxious fumes upon them!