[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Finals Predictions/Discussion

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Azazello1313:

but i'm pulling for calgary cool_thu

I hope the Sharks hand them their ass. smash And thank God I don't have to tune into CBC anymore to see a particular game. And while I'm at it... f*ck Ron McLean & Don Cherry as well.... they're so freak'in bias it's sickening. Sorry for the rant.............

I like the Flyers alot..... have all year. The Lightning will be formidable though.... and whooped up on Philly 4-0 during the season. thinking But the Flyers size & strength is the difference, IMO.

my heart = San Jose over Philly

my head = Philly over San jose.

Tampa Bay over Philly in 6

They've got all the mo, and experienced playoff goalie, and are very healthy from playing only 9 games (the way a top seed should!). I know Philly can bang harder, but it's the Lightning's year.

San Jose over Calgary in 7

Kipper's playing outstanding, but Nabakov's been pretty good himself and the Sharks have more talent. Yes, Iginla is great, but their blueline is pretty depleted.

Tampa Bay over San Jose in 6

Wow, is that a strange final, but maybe fitting for the last one for awhile! It's been a charmed year for the Lightning, so why not a Cup?

Lord Stanley in Florida, though? What's the world coming to? wall_bas

I am a huge Flyers fan and this pains me but I have to go with TB. The Flyers again spent way too much energy on the series and TB will be plenty rested.

TB over PHI in 7 games

I am riding the CGY bandwagon all the way. Kip is in the zone.

CGY over SJ in 6 games

Ok, I am not riding the bandwagon all the way…TB is the best team of the four remaining teams.

Finals: TB over CGY in 7 games

Down Goes Frazia:

I hope the Sharks hand them their ass. smash    And thank God I don't have to tune into CBC anymore to see a particular game. And while I'm at it... f*ck Ron McLean & Don Cherry as well.... they're so freak'in bias it's sickening. Sorry for the rant.............

cool_thu Couldn't agree more. F Canada.

HUGH 0NE:

Down Goes Frazia:

I hope the Sharks hand them their ass.    smash  And thank God I don't have to tune into CBC anymore to see a particular game. And while I'm at it... f*ck Ron McLean & Don Cherry as well.... they're so freak'in bias it's sickening. Sorry for the rant.............

JimBeam:

HUGH 0NE:

Down Goes Frazia:

I hope the Sharks hand them their ass.  smash      And thank God I don't have to tune into CBC anymore to see a particular game. And while I'm at it... f*ck Ron McLean & Don Cherry as well.... they're so freak'in bias it's sickening. Sorry for the rant.............

14 Canadians on the Sharks Roster and you say F CANADA. F flag

JimBeam:

JimBeam:

HUGH 0NE:

Down Goes Frazia:

I hope the Sharks hand them their ass.      smash          And thank God I don't have to tune into CBC anymore to see a particular game. And while I'm at it... f*ck Ron McLean & Don Cherry as well.... they're so freak'in bias it's sickening. Sorry for the rant.............

14 Canadians on the Sharks Roster and you say F CANADA. F flag ... then what the f*ck is this ? ....or is it you just hate the leafs. :D

All I'm sick about is the 1-sided all praise Canada telecast that CBC puts out night in... night out.... eh ?

And BTW there Panger...... they put down the European skaters as much as they do us.

Down Goes Frazia:

Originally posted by Azazello1313:

but i'm pulling for calgary cool_thu

I hope the Sharks hand them their ass. smash And thank God I don't have to tune into CBC anymore to see a particular game. And while I'm at it... f*ck Ron McLean & Don Cherry as well.... they're so freak'in bias it's sickening. Sorry for the rant.............

I like the Flyers alot..... have all year. The Lightning will be formidable though.... and whooped up on Philly 4-0 during the season. thinking But the Flyers size & strength is the difference, IMO.

my heart = San Jose over Philly

my head = Philly over San jose.

Canadian bias? How about moron ESPN announcers questioning whether Tucker's hit was clean and then blowing their loads over Kappanen's guts for getting to the bench. I played hockey for 20 years and have watched over a thousand games and that was as great and clean a hit as you will ever see. My pain over the Leafs loss was eased by watching Sammi fall all over himself for 20 seconds after Tucker lambasted him.

Only one American has won the Conn Smythe and that ain't about to change this year.

Originally posted by Cyclones:

Canadian bias? How about moron ESPN announcers questioning whether Tucker's hit was clean and then blowing their loads over Kappanen's guts for getting to the bench. I played hockey for 20 years and have watched over a thousand games and that was as great and clean a hit as you will ever see. My pain over the Leafs loss was eased by watching Sammi fall all over himself for 20 seconds after Tucker lambasted him.

Only one American has won the Conn Smythe and that ain't about to change this year.

... once again..... all I'm talk'in about is the F*CKING CBC telecast. coach ..... Geezuz HC..... did you read anywhere here where I'm dis'n the players ?

The hit by Darcy was clean and wasn't even questioned...... too bad for your Leafs it was just a small battle..... 'cause they got their ass kicked in the war. lol smash

Back to the subject @ hand.....ESPN's top 2 crews of Levy & Pang and Thorne & Clemente are both hell & gone from anything CBC has to offer.

About time a hockey thread got into some good old USA vs. Canada discussions.

First of all, JimBeam, who I really hope is not a Vikings fan, don't tell me that Canadians aren't concerned with team location and nationality. No matter how many Americans, Russians, Canadians or any other nationality play on a team, if that team is based in Canada the Canadians consider them there own. Unfortunately for you guys, ONCE AGAIN, a Canadian team will NOT win the Stanley Cup. It's been 10 years in case you need help counting.

And Cyclones, you're obviously a little confused trying to figure how to get you head out of Wayne Gretzky's ass, so I can see why you think the CBC's broadcasts are fair. And congratulations on playing hockey for 20 years. I've been playing for 15, but since I'm American, that probably doesn't count to you guys. :D

And keep a close eye on this Danton situation, as it looks like it's about to expose the nasty underside of Canadian youth hockey.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program. cool_thu

HUGH 0NE:

Cyclones:

and have watched over a thousand games

I watch almost 1000 a season. I watched every game this year. 30 x 82 = 2,460 games. Wait...I missed Columbus vs. Phoenix on Nov. 16...so make that 2,459 games.

RWings:

HUGH 0NE:

Cyclones:

I watch almost 1000 a season.
I watched every game this year. 30 x 82 = 2,460 games. Wait...I missed Columbus vs. Phoenix on Nov. 16...so make that 2,459 games. 2460....that's alotta games eek! .... but 'ya gotta divide that 30 by 2.... those aren't inter-squad scrimmages. wink

RWings:

I watched every game this year.  30 x 82 = 2,460 games.  Wait...I missed Columbus vs. Phoenix on Nov. 16...so make that 2,459 games.

You missed a good one. 2-2 tie. A couple of fights, including Gratton vs. O'Donnell. Andrew Cassels scored with 42 seconds left in the third period to cap the comeback for the Blue Jackets if I remember correctly.

Tampa vs. Philly

That game 6 win was absolutely huge for Philly - game 7, and they're coming in a bit dragging. 4 days rest is enough to be mostly refreshed, but not too much where there's no momentum. I don't think Tampa will be "rusty" - too far in at this point for that rust to not shake off in about a minute, but I do think momentum is gone.

It'll be a very interesting series due to speed against brawn - but I think the difference will be while the Flyers are a bigger team, they can skate a bit as well. Tampa really can't hit at all. Now, honestly, both series could simply turn on one of the four goaltenders slipping up, but I think here they'll play to about a draw. Tampa will get their chances and shots, but the Flyers just have too much. (sidenote - I'll be at game 1 and probably game 5)

Flyers in 6 winning it on home ice

San Jose vs Calgary

The flames are the surprise of the 4, but it's really a combination of a team that can score and a goalie that's gotten hot. Here, I just think one team is better across the board than the other, and the better team will win. San Jose does a great job of simply putting the puck on net, and that'll break Calgary down over a few games - and I think they go through one game of just 3 or 4 goals goign by, they'll be done.

San Jose in 5

For now : Flyers in a classic series, 4-3 over San Jose. (And the philly parade of championships begins, with a Phillies world series in the middle and an Eagles superbowl win to cap it all off.)

Down Goes Frazia:

RWings:

HUGH 0NE:

Cyclones:

I watch almost 1000 a season.
I watched every game this year. 30 x 82 = 2,460 games. Wait...I missed Columbus vs. Phoenix on Nov. 16...so make that 2,459 games. 2460....that's alotta games eek! .... but 'ya gotta divide that 30 by 2.... those aren't inter-squad scrimmages. wink True, but since I Tivo them, I watch them twice, concentrating on one squad at a time...oh, forget it, joke's over. Gotta calculate my crappy playoff prediction record for xMRogers...

For now : Flyers in a classic series, 4-3 over San Jose. (And the philly parade of championships begins, with a Phillies world series in the middle and an Eagles superbowl win to cap it all off.)

Your mouth to the sports God's ears... I'd just be happy with one championship over the next year or two in Philly...