[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tarvaris Jackson Felt Something Pop In His Left Knee

3xcrazy

Tarvaris Jackson dropped back to pass and felt something pop in his left knee as he stepped up in the pocket. Already wearing a brace after suffering a sprained left knee early in camp, Jackson had even more cause for concern Friday night in the Vikings' full-pads practice at Blakeslee Stadium. "I felt something very uncomfortable," he said. Jackson limped to the sideline, where he was checked out by head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman. Jackson missed only one play before returning, but he overthrew wide receiver Darius Reynaud on the next play and was intercepted by safety Eric Frampton. Jackson seemed to favor his knee the rest of the practice, but he said afterward that his knee felt fine. "I just felt something pop for a quick second," he said. "But after I walked to the sideline it was pretty much OK. It's fine." (Minnesota Star Tribune)

Regardless of what Jackson says, its obvious he's not 100% healthy which doesn’t aid in his battle with Sage Rosenfels for the starting QB job. Both QBs are splitting reps with the first team in practice but expect Rosenfels to be the starter Week 1 whether Jackson's Grade 1 sprain of his MCL is an issue or not.

I am currently recovering from ACL surgery and if he heard a POP. Then most likely he tore his ACL.

He also went back in to practice and continued to play after being checked out by the head trainer . . . . . doubtful he tore his ACL and was passed to play by the trainer and kept practicing.

Besides, Sage is a better option anyway . . .

He also went back in to practice and continued to play after being checked out by the head trainer . . . . . doubtful he tore his ACL and was passed to play by the trainer and kept practicing.

Olandis Gary tore his ACL in the first half of a regular season game against STL in 2000 and finished the game, putting up 13 carries and 80 yds rushing in relief of TD, who got hurt earlier in the same game. Gary went on IR after the game.

Besides, Sage is a better option anyway . . .

Agreed wholeheartedly, not that it is saying much.

Olandis Gary tore his ACL in the first half of a regular season game against STL in 2000 and finished the game, putting up 13 carries and 80 yds rushing in relief of TD, who got hurt earlier in the same game. Gary went on IR after the game.

Agreed wholeheartedly, not that it is saying much.

1.) That trainer should be fired

2.) Not everyone has the intestinal fortitude of Olandis Gary

3.) It is PRACTICE, where they tend to baby injuries at the first tweak of a hamstring. Think they will let a Qb "finish practice" if he tore his ACL? :wacko::D

3.) It is PRACTICE, where they tend to baby injuries at the first tweak of a hamstring. Think they will let a Qb "finish practice" if he tore his ACL? :wacko::D

Just saying.

Because a player injures their ACL doesn't mean they can't play through it for a very short time, or that his leg falls off right on the field as soon as the injury occurs.

Well, I recall Rondell Mealey doing the same thing in a game.

We aren't talking about Jim Marshall and Jeff Van Note here.

I have torn my ACL twice, and I can say for certain after the initial pain, you can go out and play right away.

The first time I tore my ACL I didn't get it checked out, and played 3 more soccer games until it kept giving out on me, leading to the diagnosis and surgery.

The most recent time, and I haven't gotten it fixed yet, I can still run and ride and bike and play sports still, but I know not to push it because it WILL give out.

So it is possible to play with one. Trust me on this one.

I have torn my ACL twice, and I can say for certain after the initial pain, you can go out and play right away.

The first time I tore my ACL I didn't get it checked out, and played 3 more soccer games until it kept giving out on me, leading to the diagnosis and surgery.

The most recent time, and I haven't gotten it fixed yet, I can still run and ride and bike and play sports still, but I know not to push it because it WILL give out.

I'm going in for surgery on my MCL & Meniscus on 8/12/09. They've been torn for two months. Granted, I'm not running and cutting but, I've had ACL and meniscus tears before while playing. People that haven't had the injury don't realize what it is. Some can play after the initial injury but, it's not a smart thing to do if there's really nothing at stake. If it's a strain or partial tear it's best to sit it out and I'm sure if the trainer had any question in his mind, Jackson wouldn't have been allowed to go back out. As far as it being good for the Vikes, that's ridiculous. Jackson could turn out to be a good QB given the chance and experience.

So if he is really hurt hurt is there a chance they could sign an older QB to come in and play? Maybe some one familiar with the organization?

I'm thinking someone like....

Jeff George!

Edited by Zooty

The question isnt whether or not you CAN play with a tear, the question is what trainer in his right mind would ALLOW a possible ACL injury to go back to preseason practice. You didnt get yours checked out. Jackson DID get his checked out during practice, and was cleared to return to practice.

When guys feel s little "tweak" or have cramps they skip practice! Let alone a potential season ending injury . . .

Whoever thinks that Jackson tore and ACL, was cleared by the trainer, and then returned to practice is sniffing glue . . . .

. . . which was exactly what I posted earlier. . . . pretty sure I ddnt say you couldnt play with a torn ACL . .