[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre on his way to MN to sign?

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I love the splash page. "Are you ready 4 some football?" This move is great for the NFL. Great drama. It invokes so many strong feelings and interest from fans and crosses over to even semi-fans and non-fans. The Vikings are a national interest story now for the rest of the season.

Hopefully this allows the Vikes to cut ties with T-Jack...let Booty be the third stringer and see if they can develop him for the future...

+1

After all that has gone wrong with TJack here in MN(much of it on both TJ and the team), it is imperative for him to go now. After they benched him last year, brought in Rosenfels this offseason, then made them both twist in the wind while Favre made up his mind, I dont see how they can have any illusions that 1) Jackson believes in himself and 2) the team believes in Jackson at all. He needs to be removed from the equation.

1 Favre

2 Rosenfels

3 Booty

Vikings Sign QB Brett Favre

Posted by mikewobschall on August 18, 2009 – 1:22 pm

QB Brett Favre just signed a contract and is now a Minnesota Viking.

We believe adding a player such as Brett Favre to our mix will be a strong positive for this football team,” Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress said. “As we have conveyed before, his unique knowledge of our system, the NFC North and his innate skills make this a rare opportunity. We felt there was a brief window to reconsider the possibility and owed it to the organization to evaluate our options. After thorough discussion, the same variables that made this a unique and positive situation previously, still exist. Now, our attention turns to getting to work as a team, our next practice and getting prepared for the season.”

Edited by Moss6

Brett I've got a message for ya'

I just had it where is it again?

:wacko: Oh yeah here it is

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\...

:D

I'm not really upset about it, as I realized Favre was a oil and vinegar a long time ago. I'm also not more or less worried about the Vikings than before. Yes, I think he'll throw more touchdowns than Sage, but I also believe he'll throw more INT's than Sage. The guy is not, can not and will not manage a game. For every amazing play, you'll have two You don't bring me flowers...ANYMORE! plays. He's not the same guy he was a few years ago, and I think that some people believe that Favre circa 96 is what they're getting.

I think the Williams Wall/starcaps is the biggest issue for the team, that and Childress more than likely losing some of the team with his managment of the Favre situation. I am happy that the circus will be with the Vikings the entire year, and that his teammates will have to endure all that comes with Favre. I'm also looking forward to seeing Favre come to Green Bay. It's going to be electric.

I actually agree with Randall here.

I don't just need a shower, I need a Silkwood shower.

:D

I can't wait for the two games between Green Bay and Minnesota. I expect Minny to win both simply because its defense is so much better, but those will be great games nonetheless.

I would like to have four tickets to each game, it would be like winning the lottery with the scalping money. What do you suppose 50 yard line tickets at the dome and Lambeau will be worth.

After thinking abut it for a while, I have come to the following conclusion:

1. Management no longer has faith in Tavaris Jackson. After the benching last year, the signing of Sage Rosenfels in the offseason and now the signing of Favre gives me great pleasure to know that they know he is not the answer.

2. They have put together a good team where the QB position was the biggest question mark. Signing Favre gives this team the best chance to win as I think he is better than the QB's on the team.

3. They need to also look toward the future as they have a really small window to find the next QB.

I am looking forward to seeing him play this year. If he really sucks, Sage is a capable back-up. I wonder if they will carry 4 quarterbacks this year or hopefully cut Tavaris?

I don't have a doubt that considering BOTH Jackson and Rosenfels have been hurt in camp/games thus far, that they would do plenty to make their QB situation better. I also think that there probably was an option for Favre to come in after camp one way or the other, and I'd bet that option was probably one that players were aware of. Of course a guy like Jared Allen is going to speak his mind, and talk plenty tough about him missing camp, etc., but I also think two guys like Favre and Allen could quite quickly sit down and talk it out.

The simple issue here has to be, is Favre a better QB option than what the other three are? The answer IMO is yes. He knows the offense inside and out. He'll make quicker, better reads which will help the offense. Interceptions were going to happen with any of the three QB's they had on hand - and plenty of them, I think. I think Favre will probably make more big plays more often than the other three will. This defense and this line and this running game can overcome plenty of mistakes - and they did last year. The team is on the cusp of being very good. A handful of creative big plays could make the difference in a one and out (or not even) playoff appearance, and a playoff run.

Simply, if the team wins early, everything will be great. If they don't, it won't. In my opinion, the only decent (maybe) QB they had was Rosenfels. They now possibly have two, and one that can add excitement and interest to everyone involved. It's worth it, in most any way you look at it, I think.

As a guy who has no dog in this fight, if Favre is healthy as he was for the first part of last year this make Minny look scary good, IMO. If healthy, Favre is still as good or better as 1/2 the league and as has been said, that's really the only piece the Vikes were missing. I know it's a big caveat, but if he's healthy all year the Vikes look to me to be an 11-12 win team.

I would guess they will try to trade Tarvaris for a 2nd day draft pick in 2010. I think that there are plenty of other teams that are thin enough at QB that would give up a late pick for him.

Agreed. Whatever they can get for him now is a plus, IMO. He is essentially worthless to this team now and it would be wise to move him as quickly as possible.