[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Mauer Joins Good Company

Outshined

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigers do not deserve to go at this point. 15 innings in a row without a run scored while you are fighting for your playoff lives! This coming off an 8-3 drubbing in the last game against the Twins. Pathetic display.

Edited by Puddy

4-0

Like I said earlier, even if we don't make it, the Twins are a fun team to root for.

Tigers do not deserve to go at this point. 15 innings in a row without a run scored while you are fighting for your playoff lives! This coming off an 8-3 drubbing in the last game against the Twins. Pathetic display.

I like my Twins and I like fall baseball, so regardless who wins, I will be rooting for either team if they deserve it or not. I hate the Yankees. Hopefully it will be the twins.

Pavano will start on 3 day's rest

By JOE CHRISTENSEN, Star Tribune

Last update: October 3, 2009 - 8:20 PM

The Twins will send veteran Carl Pavano to the mound today on three day's rest against the Royals, hoping this won't be their final game in the Metrodome after all.

Pavano got the nod over rookie lefthander Brian Duensing, who would be on regular rest. Manager Ron Gardenhire said he'll be ready to turn to Duensing in relief, if necessary.

Pavano, who gave up seven runs in 4 2/3 innings in a loss at Detroit on Wednesday, has made two career regular-season starts on three day's rest, but none since 2004. Pavano and pitching coach Rick Anderson had an eye on a possible start today when they were discussing whether to take an extra day of rest with the open date Sept. 17. The Twins kept Pavano on regular rest that week, otherwise his past two starts would have each fallen a day later.

"He's ready," Gardenhire said. "You go with a veteran in this situation. He should have the ball. He's been there."

Link

Nice, ty guys.

It's all falling into place kinda odd. The Tigers need to stop the bleeding and they're facing Danks, but to play Verlander after he threw 129 pitches 3 days ago when you publicly state that Twins will win out is insane to me. I guess I feel the Tigers bats will come alive and they'll win easily Sunday, regardless of starting pitching, but now they blew a major advantage in a one game playoff.

Then again the Twins are starting Pavano who just gave up 7 ER to the Tigers, so we'll be lucky to get a quality start, but I'd take the Twins offense right now over the Tigers in a heartbeat, especially considering the pitching that we're likely to face.

Out of all the Twins teams that have lost to the Yankees in October, I like this one the best. Screw what happened before, the Twins are playing the best baseball in the MLB when it counts. Twins in 4.

but to play Verlander after he threw 129 pitches 3 days ago when you publicly state that Twins will win out is insane to me.

This is Verlander's normal day in the rotation. He pitched Tuesday night, not Wednesday. We were just hoping not to have to use him so he could start game 1 against the Yankees. Well...that didn't work out to well.

Edit: And Verlander appears to be one of those workhorse type guys that doesn't get bothered by high pitch counts. He actually throws with more velocity regularly in the latter innings of games.

Playoff baseball and football on the same day!!

Edited by Puddy