[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MyFantasyLeague question

TheBigDog

I am just wondering if anyone knows this, if the commissioner of a league at MFL rejects a trade that two owners have agreed upon, does the entire league get an email or just the owners involved? Two owners in my league made a deal, but it was not fair and was likely to get vetoed, so rather than hold a vote, I talked to them and we agreed to undo it. I don't want to have to explain this to the entire league when I reject it, so I am just trying to figure out if I will need to. Thanks!

I am just wondering if anyone knows this, if the commissioner of a league at MFL rejects a trade that two owners have agreed upon, does the entire league get an email or just the owners involved? Two owners in my league made a deal, but it was not fair and was likely to get vetoed, so rather than hold a vote, I talked to them and we agreed to undo it. I don't want to have to explain this to the entire league when I reject it, so I am just trying to figure out if I will need to. Thanks!

No. You can turn off all email options for the commish.

No. You can turn off all email options for the commish.

Thanks, think that did it. The trade was:

Team A gave up Grant, Ryan GBP RB;Manningham, Mario NYG WR

Team B gave up Brown, Donald IND RB;Williams, Ricky MIA RB

Brown/Williams might end up being worth a ton more than Grant, but I can't have Team A trading his 5th and 15th round picks for Team B's 8th and 16th round picks four days after the draft. Especially when Owner A happens to be Owner B's sister's boyfriend and in our league for the first time this year.

Brown/Williams might end up being worth a ton more than Grant, but I can't have Team A trading his 5th and 15th round picks for Team B's 8th and 16th round picks four days after the draft. Especially when Owner A happens to be Owner B's sister's boyfriend and in our league for the first time this year.

:wacko:

You could take this to the main forum where it will be debated ad nauseam but I definitely see no reason to veto this. "Might" is absolutely no reason to veto anything. Earnest Graham "might" have more TDs than Adrian Peterson. Also, will you veto every trade that doesn't match the draft? Or every other one between people who may have met in the past?

Not busting your balls but if you are to be consistent this year, you will need to step in a ton more times now that you have set the bar.

Wow. I love leagues that don't allow owners to think for themselves.

You vetoed a fair trade.

Wow. I love leagues that don't allow owners to think for themselves.

You vetoed a fair trade.

Yah, a fair trade, even though the Ryan Grant owner has 1 other starting RB and absolutely nobody else who is in a starting role right now. And as I mentioned, he could have drafted both of those guys this weekend if he wanted them. Was there some late-breaking news that boosted Brown/Williams up the draft board? Like I said, it might end up being more than fair, but it makes no sense for him to trade his only other starting RB option (Beanie Wells is #1) when Brown is not starting right now and nobody knows when he will be the featured back. I really don't need any more replies from the peanut gallery, you don't know all the details and I simply wanted to know about MFL's email features. Thanks for the input though. :wacko:

Edited by TheBigDog

You could take this to the main forum where it will be debated ad nauseam but I definitely see no reason to veto this. "Might" is absolutely no reason to veto anything. Earnest Graham "might" have more TDs than Adrian Peterson. Also, will you veto every trade that doesn't match the draft? Or every other one between people who may have met in the past?

Not busting your balls but if you are to be consistent this year, you will need to step in a ton more times now that you have set the bar.

I'm saying it "might" end up being a reasonably fair trade, but as of right now, there is nothing fair about it.

I'm saying it "might" end up being a reasonably fair trade, but as of right now, there is nothing fair about it.

:wacko: you don't get it.

see, if both owners are running their teams and they agree that it's fair for both of their teams, then the commish really has no say. that's how you play fantasy football.

now, since you bring up the sister's boyfriend angle, maybe you think they are cheating. do you have proof of this?

otherwise, you are bringing in new owners and then not letting them manage their team how they see fit. why would you do this? who would want to be in such a league? what's the fun of having someone overlooking and correcting moves that they think are unfair or stupid? if the owner is stupid, why have them in the league? is it really competitive if you won't let people compete?

I really don't need any more replies from the peanut gallery, you don't know all the details and I simply wanted to know about MFL's email features. Thanks for the input though. :wacko:

Don't you guys have anything better to do? Like spout off about how Obama is increasing your taxes and stealing all of your hard-earned money to give homeless people/illegal aliens health care?

actually, as a commish, if you are questioning the authenticity of a trade, you should talk to both owners to be sure they believe the deal will better their team and that they want to do it in order to compete for the championship. if they both say that this is the case, how in the world can you stop it? if you still don't believe them, then you believe they are cheating or colluding and if that's the case, why have them in the league?

ok, that's good. nice job.

curious ... were they trying to collude and you stopped them? if not, how did you talk them out of it?

I don't think they were trying to collude, I think the Ryan Grant owner is new to FF (he had a magazine with him at the draft) and I also think he is a huge Colts fan. But we were replacing an uninformed owner, and Team B assured me that the new owner would not be like the last owner. Then, almost instantly, he is taking advantage of him. Everyone agreed to the reversal and there were no hard feeling anywhere.

yeah, I don't blame you for wanting to cover your tracks on this so the rest of the league doesn't find out.

I don't expect anyone with "Country" in their name to be the world's greatest reader, but let's try this again.

I talked to them and we agreed to undo it. I don't want to have to explain this to the entire league when I reject it, so I am just trying to figure out if I will need to. Thanks!

I did not veto anything, I was prepared to put the trade through and see if it passed our approval period. But, upon discussion, the owners agreed that it most likely would not fly with the rest of the league and agreed to rework the deal. The new owner, rather than starting off on the wrong foot, wanted to cancel the trade. The returning owner realized that he was taking advantage of his sister's boyfriend, and also agreed to reverse the trade. Are there any other details I can provide to reclaim my innocence and prove I'm not a horrible, meddling commissioner?

Edited by TheBigDog

so before your talk with him, he thought it was a fair deal? what brought him to this realization?

I don't think he ever really thought it was fair. I think he thought he would pull a fast one on him and the rest of the league wouldn't notice since the season hasn't started. Right when he told me about the trade he says, "I tried to offer him Pierre Thomas because I told him I want Ryan Grant but he said he loves the Colts and wants Donald Brown. I told him it probably wouldn't pass but he wanted to do it. You can just cancel it if you want to..." So then we all talked about it and I tried to help the new guy understand the value of RBs a little better, and he realized how much it would gimp his team to have only 1 starting RB. I think he gets it a little better now, and hopefully I won't be replacing him next year. Now I remember why I was a little hesitant to let the first guy in the league last year or the new guy this year as well.

I probably should have said "admitted" instead of "realized."

Edited by TheBigDog