[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Golf help - yes Fraz - this means you!

Squeegiebo

Every five weeks we have a "supplemental draft" in my golf league. Can drop 1 player and add 1 who is not currently on a roster.

We just finished week 20 (about halfway through the season) and I'm ready to make my first roster move: drop worthless David Gossett. Question is, who do I want to add? I'm looking for a grinder who will make some cuts for me in events in which my big guns aren't going to play.

Here are the current rosters. Anyone have any advice for me? shrug

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...got a list of who's available? Is there anyone available? wink Those are pretty good sized rosters.

Although I'm not Fraz...here's a darkhorse pick for ya...Bill Haas. I heard on the telecast over the weekend he was going pro after the Open was over. College Player of the Year...made the cut this weekend. Right now he is only scheduled to play in 7 events with sponser exemptions, but I would guess those would be some of the events you are looking to cover.

BillyBalata:

Although I'm not Fraz...here's a darkhorse pick for ya...Bill Haas. I heard on the telecast over the weekend he was going pro after the Open was over. College Player of the Year...made the cut this weekend. Right now he is only scheduled to play in 7 events with sponser exemptions, but I would guess those would be some of the events you are looking to cover.

Thanks for the tip! cool_thu

Russ Cochran is available. He is not a great player just solid. He will play all the weeks that the real good players take off. That is where he makes his living.

Tripp Isenhour is in the same mold.

Spike McRoy is a third.

These aren't players that are going to go out and win. They are just going to go out and play every week. They will finish in the money almost every week that the big guns aren't in town.

I also like the Bill Hass selection. I just wanted to give you a few more options.

Down Goes Frazia:

well he shot a 66 in the first round last weekend smash ..... finished on the 2nd. page of the leaderboard.....has been in the mix more than once in some majors...... computer    and I didn't see him on anyones list.

How 'bout Angel Cabrerra ? shrug 

He is considered a European Tour player. He only plays here on special exemptions. He probably wouldn't be eligible since he isn't listed as a PGA Tour member.

Down Goes Frazia:

The 3rd. South African on the leaderboard last Sunday was Tim Clark.......a grinder elite according to Johnny Miller on the telecast..... and carded a 66 on Saturday in that brutal wind. Finshed tied with Cabrera @ +9. thumbs_u 

I would agree with this if he wasn't on Team Kupo.

lynch:

Down Goes Frazia:

The 3rd. South African on the leaderboard last Sunday was Tim Clark.......a grinder elite according to Johnny Miller on the telecast..... and carded a 66 on Saturday in that brutal wind. Finshed tied with Cabrera @ +9.    thumbs_u

I would agree with this if he wasn't on Team Kupo. doah my bad........ chr*st, it takes a frigg'in 1/2 hour just to go back & forth & check the rosters. lol

Let us know who is gone when you have to pick. I would look to get one of Vijay, Sergio, Els, at least one of them should be available. If two of them are grab one. Unless Phil or Tiger falls down to you.

I will have some more advice when I see who has gone with the first few picks.

Down Goes Frazia:

hey Squeeg....... solid showing for you @ the Booz Allen this weekend going 1st. & 3rd. thumbs_u

Did you play Sabbatini ? shrug   

Of course I played the defending champ. as well as my boy Adam. brow

BTW - I picked up Vaughn Taylor in the supplemental draft.

I am officially kicking their asses in my league now. League standings. head_ban

Who ya think you'll take at 5 and 6?

Squeegiebo:

Who ya think you'll take at 5 and 6?

I'm pretty sure the top 4 will be Woods, Els, Mick & VJ..... not necessarily in that order. If so I'll be all over Goosen for sure.... he treated me just fine @ shinnecock. wink

After that it's a tough call. It would be easy to go chalk with Weir, Toms, etc..... but this is a different animal @ Troon. I love Darren Clarke but not sure if I like him enough to take him @ 6. Maybe Sergio ? thinking

computer gimme some love Squeeg.

I think that I would have to take Goosen and Sergio. If someone else picks up Goosen I would take Sergio and DL3 unless Phil or Tiger were available(which they won't be).

Avoid Vijay, I don't think that he will do well. If the Big Easy is available I would consider him. I still think that this is Sergio's turn to win.

I was going to tell you that he had never won 2 evets in the same year but, he won 3 in 2001(2 in Europe) and 2 in 2002(1 in Europe).

I was going to suggest a someone other than Goosen, but he has tended to go on hot streaks throughout his career. He has never put together multiple wins, but he will finish well because of how he was striking the ball and putting.

lynch:

I was going to suggest a someone other than Goosen, but he has tended to go on hot streaks throughout his career.  He has never put together multiple wins, but he will finish well because of how he was striking the ball and putting.

I was thinking the same thing.

two very good picks

I think that this is going to be Sergio's tournament.

You might want to look at the young european based players for your next two picks.

DL3 might slip if there is a run on european players like happens in a lot of British ope drafts.

Scott and Rose are two to think about for at least one of you next two picks.