[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Iron Chef: Bacon" themed tailgate

policyvote

Okay, so for the first MSU tailgate of the year, my tailgating crew decided to theme it "Iron Chef: Bacon". My wife made Bacon Mac & Cheese, and I made tight-weaved bacontainers to serve it in. We also had a bacon-potato egg bake, BLTs, bacon-cabbage rolls, a bacon/broccoli/sesame/golden raisin salad, veggie pizza (available w/veggie bacon), a canned pre-cooked bacon called "Tactical Bacon", and . . . a Bacon Explosion.

It's an Italian sausage roulade. The sausage is seasoned with BBQ rub, then stuffed with crisped bacon (itself coated in BBQ sauce). The resulting sausage-bacon roll is than wrapped an a bacon-weave mat, and then coated in BBQ sauce. Ours (prepared by the foodiest foodie in our tailgate group) was cooked in the oven for a couple-three hours, and then smoked for three more over charcoal and a cedar plank (?). It's no wonder the recipe is trademarked; this might seriously have been the most amazing thing I've ever tasted. I cannot even begin to describe how completely unbelievable this thing looked, smelled, and tasted. What an incredible explosion of pork, smoke, spice, texture, and flavor. I'm sure in the hands of some of the BBQ masters on here, it could be elevated to even loftier, er, elevations.

I'm not quite sure this can be topped--but we'll try.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

a Bacon Explosion.

It's an Italian sausage roulade. The sausage is seasoned with BBQ rub, then stuffed with crisped bacon (itself coated in BBQ sauce). The resulting sausage-bacon roll is than wrapped an a bacon-weave mat, and then coated in BBQ sauce. Ours (prepared by the foodiest foodie in our tailgate group) was cooked in the oven for a couple-three hours, and then smoked for three more over charcoal and a cedar plank (?). It's no wonder the recipe is trademarked; this might seriously have been the most amazing thing I've ever tasted. I cannot even begin to describe how completely unbelievable this thing looked, smelled, and tasted. What an incredible explosion of pork, smoke, spice, texture, and flavor. I'm sure in the hands of some of the BBQ masters on here, it could be elevated to even loftier, er, elevations.

Oh

My

God!

I can feel the arteries hardening

In a good way :wacko: