[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiffin

SLAYER

I'm probably jinxing my theory here, but this game has trap written all over it. On one side, you've got an absolutely loaded team returning not only all 11 starters but 9 of it's primary back-ups from a D that held OU to 14 pts as well as Jesus himself at QB. On the other side, you've got a perennial underachiever who finally has little enough talent that nobody says that any more and a coach who won't shut up.

In other words, this game will be waayyy closer than people think and may include a biblical upset, just because that's how things work out when any and all logical arguments point to the opposite.

I'm probably jinxing my theory here, but this game has trap written all over it. On one side, you've got an absolutely loaded team returning not only all 11 starters but 9 of it's primary back-ups from a D that held OU to 14 pts as well as Jesus himself at QB. On the other side, you've got a perennial underachiever who finally has little enough talent that nobody says that any more and a coach who won't shut up.

In other words, this game will be waayyy closer than people think and may include a biblical upset, just because that's how things work out when any and all logical arguments point to the opposite.

Thanks for the opinion, now go back and cook something. Trap smap Florida will destroy them, trust me they had this one circled for a few months now.

I really don't think this is a trap game for Florida. They've had two warm-up games leading into this one and they play Kentucky the week after Tennessee. After Kentucky, the Gators have a bye week. They have nothing but focus on Tennessee. Kiffin has accused Meyer of being a cheater and made comments about singing Rocky Top after beating Florida. If you don't think Meyer and the team remembers this, remember how Meyer ended the game against Georgia last season. The Swamp is a particularly loud stadium for the players because the stands are set relatively close to the field. In addition, the game is a 3:30 kickoff. It will be ungodly hot in that stadium. The temperature on the field will be 100+ degrees.

I don't gamble. It's not my thing. But in the College Pick em, I took Florida and laid the points. This game may be close in the first half, although that would surprise me. The second half will be all Florida.

Thanks for the opinion, now go back and cook something. Trap smap Florida will destroy them, trust me they had this one circled for a few months now.

I really don't think this is a trap game for Florida. They've had two warm-up games leading into this one and they play Kentucky the week after Tennessee. After Kentucky, the Gators have a bye week. They have nothing but focus on Tennessee. Kiffin has accused Meyer of being a cheater and made comments about singing Rocky Top after beating Florida. If you don't think Meyer and the team remembers this, remember how Meyer ended the game against Georgia last season. The Swamp is a particularly loud stadium for the players because the stands are set relatively close to the field. In addition, the game is a 3:30 kickoff. It will be ungodly hot in that stadium. The temperature on the field will be 100+ degrees.

I don't gamble. It's not my thing. But in the College Pick em, I took Florida and laid the points. This game may be close in the first half, although that would surprise me. The second half will be all Florida.

:wacko: Thanks guys for your cogent rebuttals to my non argument.

Florida's good, but not sure if they are good enough to name a score. Plus I don't think Coach Meyers is that immature to risk his players health by keeping them in the game late if the outcome is secured. And I don't think Coach Meyers is that stupid either. He knows his team has the upper hand this season, but how about next season or the next. Unlike many of his starters who won't be here next year Coach Meyer will, so I don't see the big advantage of deliberately running up the score against the Vols. Granted it could happen if the Vols have alot of turnovers, but I just don't see Tebow throwing the ball around late in the game if the score is in hand just to teach Kiffin a lesson.

Now if the Gators do give Kiffin a well derserve spanking, you won't hear me complaining. :wacko:

Florida's good, but not sure if they are good enough to name a score. Plus I don't think Coach Meyers is that immature to risk his players health by keeping them in the game late if the outcome is secured. And I don't think Coach Meyers is that stupid either. He knows his team has the upper hand this season, but how about next season or the next. Unlike many of his starters who won't be here next year Coach Meyer will, so I don't see the big advantage of deliberately running up the score against the Vols. Granted it could happen if the Vols have alot of turnovers, but I just don't see Tebow throwing the ball around late in the game if the score is in hand just to teach Kiffin a lesson.

Now if the Gators do give Kiffin a well derserve spanking, you won't hear me complaining. :wacko:

I think you're right about Meyer risking players. However, if Florida is fortunate enough to have a sizable lead in the 2nd half, I think he puts Brantley in and lets him throw the ball around a bit. You know...just to get him a bit of game experience.

You said you thought it was a trap game and I disagreed and offered reasons for doing so. No more, no less.

So, what part of my specific argument did you find issue with? The part where I said FL is absolutely loaded or the part where I said UT isn't very good and their coach won't shut up?

werd - trap game? :wacko: sorry Det this ain't no trap game.

this game is the exact opposite of a trap game. A trap game only comes into play when there is a big time game the following week, and a team like Tenn gets overlooked - Kentucky? uh no plus throw in the fact Urban and the boys have been looking forward to this one since camp started - he wants to wipe that chit-eating grin off little Lane's mug

you don't gamble? did GTS let you in the college pick em on scholarship?

personally, I had to throw in $50................

So, what part of my specific argument did you find issue with? The part where I said FL is absolutely loaded or the part where I said UT isn't very good and their coach won't shut up?

Specifically, I disagreed with you when you called it a trap game and went on to explain why I did not think it was a trap game.

werd - trap game? :wacko: sorry Det this ain't no trap game.

this game is the exact opposite of a trap game. A trap game only comes into play when there is a big time game the following week, and a team like Tenn gets overlooked - Kentucky? uh no plus throw in the fact Urban and the boys have been looking forward to this one since camp started - he wants to wipe that chit-eating grin off little Lane's mug

you don't gamble? did GTS let you in the college pick em on scholarship?

personally, I had to throw in $50................

$50 to make 5 picks ATS per week for an entire season is not something I consider gambling. I see it as a season long competition among some other huddlers with there being a prize for 1st and 2nd place. Sort of like a fantasy football fee.

I would consider it gambling if someone showed up here and said something like, "If you're so sure that Florida will beat the spread against Tenn, let's bet on it. I'll take Tenn and the points for $100. Put your money where your mouth is!" I would not take this bet. I allow that I could be wrong and I do not enjoy losing money--even though I strongly believe I am right. Ask Kid Cid about my gambling habits when we were at Mohegan Sun together a few years ago.

Perhaps it's all semantics but that's good enough for me.

:wacko:

I guess I've been pwned. Next time I'll make a better non-argument.

I wasn't trying to 'own' you. I was simply disagreeing with your assessment that Florida-Tenn is a 'trap' game. As I said, nothing more and nothing less. I have found that reasonable people can disagree.

I wasn't trying to 'own' you. I was simply disagreeing with your assessment that Florida-Tenn is a 'trap' game. As I said, nothing more and nothing less. I have found that reasonable people can disagree.

Steve,

The part I find funny is that the beginning and end to my argument is that there is absolutely no logical reason to expect UT to have a chance in this game, and that can be exactly the time when the planets align and crazy things happen. Then guys start coming out of the woodwork debating that as if I was actually presenting some logical theory.

Note I didn't mention once that Florida would be looking past UT or not be motivated. Rather, when it seems like everyone who pays any attention to College Football is fixated on one particular game and are certain that it's going to be an absolute beatdown, that's when the fates step in and make us go, "huh?" That's the trap part.

But Steve,

Tell you what. I'll put up some Immort Ale waiting for you the next time you visit your brother vs whatever you want to put up (so it seems less like gambling) that UT doesn't lose by 30. Just because I can't summon the fates and not back it up, after all.

But Steve,

Tell you what. I'll put up some Immort Ale waiting for you the next time you visit your brother vs whatever you want to put up (so it seems less like gambling) that UT doesn't lose by 30. Just because I can't summon the fates and not back it up, after all.

I'm really not into gambling and it does not add anything to the game for me. I would bet a sigline for a determined amount of time, say 1-2 weeks (sigline goes for the exact spread which I believe is 28.5 pts.).

I'm really not into gambling and it does not add anything to the game for me. I would bet a sigline for a determined amount of time, say 1-2 weeks (sigline goes for the exact spread which I believe is 28.5 pts.).

Now that Waterman changed his stupid sig, mine looks. well stupid, so I'm more than happy to make that deal. And yes, I believe 28.5 is the line.

Now that Waterman changed his stupid sig, mine looks. well stupid, so I'm more than happy to make that deal. And yes, I believe 28.5 is the line.

untateve takes Florida and gives detlef 28.5 points and Tennessee. The winner creates a sig line that the loser must utilize for a period of 1 week. During that time, the loser must make at least 20 posts on thehuddle forums.

Is this bet acceptable and accepted?

untateve takes Florida and gives detlef 28.5 points and Tennessee. The winner creates a sig line that the loser must utilize for a period of 1 week. During that time, the loser must make at least 20 posts on thehuddle forums.

Is this bet acceptable and accepted?

I'm a bit concerned that a light poster like myself will have to post as many as 20 times in a week, but I'll accept.