[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dear Lou Holtz: I know you were a great coach...

BeeR

...but do us all a favor and STEP AWAY from the mike. What is it with ESPN (and other sports shows) hiring the worst possible people to report on sports? May dusts you on a regular basis (not that it takes much) and more often than not we wonder if you really are the same guy who was such a great great coach. And for crying out loud blow your nose and stop slurping on your freakin spit when you talk. I suspect they have to wipe that table off with a towel at every commercial break.

Edited by BeeR

Really? Admittedly I don't listen to this or the sports announcing BS much anymore, but what I've seen of May he's pretty good, and at least can speak well.

Which incidentally is one helluva lot more than I can say for home boy on the Dr Pepper commercial that's on right now.

Really? Admittedly I don't listen to this or the sports announcing BS much anymore, but what I've seen of May he's pretty good, and at least can speak well.

Which incidentally is one helluva lot more than I can say for home boy on the Dr Pepper commercial that's on right now.

May does appear to be fairly well-spoken... I just can't stand analysts that can't put their personal bias aside when giving an opinion on something. In other words, sharing his analysis of a particular game/team would be fine, if it wasn't for the fact that his personal interest in one team/conference always seeps through so obviously. Holtz does the same thing, and he doesn't even have the well-spoken thing going for him.

Holtz was, at one time, a GREAT motivational speaker, even outside of the football world... I just think he's past his prime, and ESPN could do better. He might not be a bad "guest" analyst now and then, but every week kind of loses whatever luster Holtz has, even for those who are fans of his.

Lou is awesome!!...

If you're a blind homer Notre Dame fan... a Big 10 fan ... or a leprechaun. :wacko:

Why would Big Ten fans think anything other than take the cock out of his mouth put the old doofus in a box already?