[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WOW, what do we know thus far about the season

Boomer Sooner

Why do you think the game was close for as long as it was. And Bama got creamed by Utah last yr.

This is this year. and Harvin and Murphy are gone, and the FLA offense doesnt look nearly as explosive.

Hell OU held them with harvin to 21 pts, and we gave up 35 to almost everyone else in the Big 12.

D Murray plays in that game, and I think its a different game. He was our Harvin. Big play RB/ weapon out of the backfield and we see how much you guys needed your weapon like that vs us.

Christ move on already, no one cares -

OU lost, Harvin played and Murray didn't. FLA was the better team and they deserved to win

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think the game was close for as long as it was. And Bama got creamed by Utah last yr.

This is this year. and Harvin and Murphy are gone, and the FLA offense doesnt look nearly as explosive.

Hell OU held them with harvin to 21 pts, and we gave up 35 to almost everyone else in the Big 12.

D Murray plays in that game, and I think its a different game. He was our Harvin. Big play RB/ weapon out of the backfield and we see how much you guys needed your weapon like that vs us.

I'm going to let you in a little secret about college ball. Every year, dude's move on. That's part of the game. It is quite obvious that FL misses Harvin. Why the hell wouldn't they? The good news for FL is they return everyone from a great D which means they have the luxury of not having to score much while they figure out how to without Harvin.

Now, maybe Bama lost less than FL (though you'd have to convince me), but it's hard to lose much less than a team that returns a heisman trophy winning QB (plus I don't know how many other offensive starters but assume it's some) and it's entire D . So other than simply being bitter and wanting to hate them because they were the latest in a growing list of teams to pee on you in January, it's hard to make much of a case that FL is any worse off than any of the other elite teams in terms of who they brought back.

a playoff would fix everything.

As a Sooner fan, I hate the long layoff to the bowl, as it always kicks our ass. OU is no where near the same team offensively after a 5 week layoff, as they were at the end of the season. A playoff extends the season with at best a 1 week layoff. No excuses, its a fact OU doesnt look as strong in bowl games as in Big 12 Champ games.

It's the responsibility of Stoops and the coaching staff to make sure everyone stays sharp, out of trouble, and ready to pick it up after a few weeks like there was no break at all. Every team that goes to a BCS or late bowl game has to deal with that. Your post is just an indictment of Stoops imo.

It's the responsibility of Stoops and the coaching staff to make sure everyone stays sharp, out of trouble, and ready to pick it up after a few weeks like there was no break at all. Every team that goes to a BCS or late bowl game has to deal with that. Your post is just an indictment of Stoops imo.

Who let little brother sit at the adult's table?

Christ move on already, no one cares -

OU lost, Harvin played and Murray didn't. FLA was the better team and they deserved to win

Yea they lost, and to the better team. I already admitted that. So I have no idea what you are crying about.

BTW, IF you dont care, dont respond. Its that simple. Obviously you do care, because you took the time to make this post.

I agree with alot of this, but OU came to play last yr. They had the ball inside the FLA 10 3 times and only scored 7 points in the first half. And the OU defense looked pretty good. 21 pts to that team last yr with Harvin was impressive. Had you told me FLA would only score 21 last yr, I would have thought OU in a rout. But it certainly didnt work out that way.

I agree with alot of this, but OU came to play last yr. They had the ball inside the FLA 10 3 times and only scored 7 points in the first half. And the OU defense looked pretty good. 21 pts to that team last yr with Harvin was impressive. Had you told me FLA would only score 21 last yr, I would have thought OU in a rout. But it certainly didnt work out that way.

Not a hugh deal, but you keep saying Florida scored 21 and they scored 24 against OU in the NC game.

So Unt who wins next week FLA at LSU?

I honestly believe Florida wins this game. The score may be somewhat close but I feel that Florida will be in control most of the game. I have already acknowledged that our offense has not thrown down field enough and/or all that well. However, given how strong the Florida defense is, I think our offense only needs to have an adequate game to win.

In addition, Urban has two weeks to focus on and plan for this game. LSU has Georgia this week between the hedges. LSU cannot take time to plan for Florida or Georgia will take them. Last week, Florida had an easy game against Kentucky. LSU had a tight/hard fought game against Miss St.

I think that all of these factors point to a Florida win.

I'd say there's a distinct possibility that in 2 weeks LSU will fall from 4-0 and #4 in the country to 4-2 and barely in the top 25.

Not exactly a bold prediction. Think about it? Is there one team outside the top 3 that would be favored to do better? :wacko:

The Professior is the only one who actually mentioned a team who he believes should be ranked ahead of LSU at this point. And the team he nominated for the 4th ranked spot was Boise State which wouldn't be way off base. Now put Boise in the same spot as LSU and what do you think their record would be over the next couple of weeks if they had to go play Georgia on the road and then play Florida at home. :D

Not exactly a bold prediction. Think about it? Is there one team outside the top 3 that would be favored to do better? :wacko:

The Professior is the only one who actually mentioned a team who he believes should be ranked ahead of LSU at this point. And the team he nominated for the 4th ranked spot was Boise State which wouldn't be way off base. Now put Boise in the same spot as LSU and what do you think their record would be over the next couple of weeks if they had to go play Georgia on the road and then play Florida at home. :D

good point,

I would like to point out, that I mentioned no team, because right now, there is no team. Long season to go obviously, but people whining about LSU being ranked #4 have no argument, until LSU actually loses a game. End of story. The bigger frauds are USC, Oklahoma, and Ohio State all still in the top 10 with 1 loss. THATS the biggest fraud right now.

We will know alot more about OU and SC this week.

Not sure you can say its a fraud when as many teams in the top 25 have lost already, that there are now a few in the top 10.

But I understand your frustration, as your team looks pretty good, just beat a top 10 team and isnt in the top 10, yet.

I was just being part of the conversation. The thought hit me and I typed it down. Unless I'm grossly mistaken, my statement doesn't sound anything like a bold prediction and I think the fact that you have a personal stake in the issue has clouded your perspective.

Edited by BS Miscreant

I would like to point out, that I mentioned no team, because right now, there is no team. Long season to go obviously, but people whining about LSU being ranked #4 have no argument, until LSU actually loses a game. End of story. The bigger frauds are USC, Oklahoma, and Ohio State all still in the top 10 with 1 loss. THATS the biggest fraud right now.

good point. :wacko:

Let me begin by saying that I never mentioned an issue with LSU being ranked #4. In fact, I merely mentioned the possible near future. That said, anyone who is "whining about LSU being ranked #4" has an excellent argument. They didn't finish in the top 25 last year and they haven't beaten anyone this year. It all goes back to the whole pre-season polls argument. Pre-season polls say they were highly ranked and their current ranking may be justified based on those but their body of work suggests nothing of the sort.

• 2 weeks later...

"WOW, what do we know thus far about the season?"

We know that USF is still talented and poorly coached and that either they are much better than we/I thought or Cincy isn't nearly as good, or perhaps a little of both. Yes, Cincy gets credit for a 17 pt win over a ranked conference foe but they didn't really look all that good doing it. Total yards were almost even(401-376). Their Heisman hopeful QB was below 50% when he got knocked outta the game. They had a single turnover compared to USF's 2. The Bulls had 12 penalties for 113 yds, two of which were personal fouls that extended drives. USF also dropped an easy pass that C.Mitchell would have jogged into the endzone with and they dropped an easy INT that would have resulted in a 15 yard waltz to paydirt. I won't even get into the 75 yd TD run on a draw by the back-up QB that had only run two plays prior which prompted me to turn to my buddy and say "They're gonna run a draw". Ok, so maybe I will. Who wouldn't run a draw with a second string QB on 3rd and 11 from your own 25?

:wacko:

Big East fan or not, Cincy is extremely fortunate to be where they are right now. Not saying they didn't play well but they were nearly handed the game by arguably the best team on their schedule so far and that team won't even be ranked on Monday.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Big East fan or not, Cincy is extremely fortunate to be where they are right now. Not saying they didn't play well but they were nearly handed the game by arguably the best team on their schedule so far and that team won't even be ranked on Monday.

It's official. Cincy hasn't played anyone yet. At the very least, they have done nothing to deserve a top 5 ranking.