[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early top 50 college basketball

Meat Face

Squeegiebo:

Methinks Duke will finish a little higher than 10th.

Maybee..... But they've got no real point guard and K's offense really needs a point to run effectively. They also are kind of thin on the bench this year, any sort of foul problems and they'll be in trouble.

Selly:

Squeegiebo:

Maybee..... But they've got no real point guard and K's offense really needs a point to run effectively. They also are kind of thin on the bench this year, any sort of foul problems and they'll be in trouble. I haven't been paying much attention in the off-season; I just have faith that Krzyzewski will find a way to win. Does he not have a blue chip point guard among his recruiting class?

Squeegiebo:

Selly:

Squeegiebo:

Maybee..... But they've got no real point guard and K's offense really needs a point to run effectively. They also are kind of thin on the bench this year, any sort of foul problems and they'll be in trouble.
I haven't been paying much attention in the off-season; I just have faith that Krzyzewski will find a way to win. Does he not have a blue chip point guard among his recruiting class? he went pro instead.

I like that the finally gave OSU a little respect after a complete dis in the first pre-season polls. Joey Graham is going to have a monster year and his twin brother Stevie is every bit as good and will take Tony Allen's spot. The Pokes will have a tough squad and will be tough to handle in the Big 12.

First of all.....

Tar Heels # 2 baby!

The ACC is going to brutal again this year. Several teams returning lots of players. As for the Dookies, Mike hasn't had a team this weak in a while. He has a good starting 5, but has almost no depth this year and has already been stated, Dockery will struggle at the point. I'm looking forward to smacking the dookies around 2 or 3 times this year.

billay:

First of all.....

Tar Heels # 2 baby!

The ACC is going to brutal again this year.  Several teams returning lots of players.  As for the Dookies, Mike hasn't had a team this weak in a while.  He has a good starting 5, but has almost no depth this year and has already been stated, Dockery will struggle at the point.  I'm looking forward to smacking the dookies around 2 or 3 times this year.

Duke wins at least 50% of those games. Krzykewski has mind control over everyone in the ACC, especially newbie Roy. :D

billay:

Whaddya say for a sigline bet there Meat?

This is assuming that Coach K doesn't have another meltdown after losing a few and has himself officially removed from the roster.

ok. I will bet that Duke wins at least 50% of their games (at least 1 out of 2, 2 of 3, or 2 of 4-is this one possible?) against UNC (including ACC tourney). Say, winner wears the sigline throughout the NCAA tourney?

edit to add: the sigline should be NCAA basketball-related for the loser. ya think?

Meat Face:

billay:

Whaddya say for a sigline bet there Meat?

ok. I will bet that Duke wins at least 50% of their games (at least 1 out of 2, 2 of 3, or 2 of 4-is this one possible?) against UNC (including ACC tourney). Say, winner wears the sigline throughout the NCAA tourney?

edit to add: the sigline should be NCAA basketball-related for the loser. ya think?

Sounds good to me, although I think I should get something for the odds difference. Basically, Duke only has to win 1 game, while the Tar Heels have to win 2, or sweep.

Sure they are, Duke is down from their usual Championship caliber, but thats still better than 90% of college teams out there. Beating anybody in the ACC 2 times is difficult, 3 is next to impossible.

However, the Heels have sick talent and a good coach. I know that you are very sour on Roy, but he's certainly a MAJOR improvement over Matt Dogherty. If the heels can play some D and show some maturity this year, they can be the best team in college hoops next year, without a doubt. Lots of good teams in the ACC though. Wake and Tech are for real too.

KU doesn't even win the Big 12 this year. Eddie Sutton leads the Pokes to a second conference title and back to the Elite Eight or better. There is one heck of a team down here in Stillwater and they are ready to beat up on the Big 12 again.

lynch:

KU doesn't even win the Big 12 this year.  Eddie Sutton leads the Pokes to a second conference title and back to the Elite Eight or better.  There is one heck of a team down here in Stillwater and they are ready to beat up on the Big 12 again.

Are you talking regular season or Big12 tournament? Or neither? I think you are smoking crack, KU should win the big12 regular season no problem.

Guest VoteQuimby

FSU at 33 eek! thumbs_u It's been a while since the noles have been ranked in the top 50. Leonard is turning things around.

I think that OSU wins the Big 12 Tournament this year after a tie with kansas in the Regular season. Those two will be head and shoulders above the rest and they will both get 2 seeds in the big Tournament.

lynch:

I think that OSU wins the Big 12 Tournament this year after a tie with kansas in the Regular season.  Those two will be head and shoulders above the rest and they will both get 2 seeds in the big Tournament.

2 seed? #1 in midwest is what they're shooting for and is what they shall get.