[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Bush" Flozell fined

matt770

Fined $12,500 for his cheap shots on Tuck and Osi Sunday night. Next time they should suspend his cheating ass; he's going to seriously injure someone if he keeps it up. I'm sure Philips is all over this situation and will make sure there are repercussions if he pulls this crap again. :wacko:

Adams was penalized for tripping on the play, but that didn't stop Tuck from calling the kick a "bush" move.

"It's something he always does and he gets away with it and he continues to do it," Tuck said.

The second foul happened in the fourth quarter when Adams kicked Giants lineman Osi Umenyiora.

Adams said earlier this week that he didn't think he caused Tuck's injury.

"A shoulder injury?" Adams said. "From a supposed kick? Tell him to stay up. It ain't my fault."

On Wednesday, Tuck got his turn to respond.

"Normally, people go to the Pro Bowl for blocking people, not tripping people. So maybe he should keep his feet on the ground," Tuck said. "We're not going to get into a war of words here, we are going to let it be what it is, and I'll see Flozell when we play them again."

Such a classy response. But what should we expect from someone who does this on a regular basis? Hey guess what idiot, the replay shows you're guilty, plain as day, and now you've been fined -- maybe apologize? Didn't think so.

eta: Tuck possibly out this week with a partially torn labrum. Also Adams was fined $5000 after week 1 for another cheap shot, so his total is $17,500 for the season. A nice suspension for his next offense is in order.

Edited by matt770

• 2 months later...

Couple months later, same crap. I'd love to hear some Cowboy fans weigh in on the cheap-shot artist playing left tackle for your team. Why haven't they reigned this guy in by now? He needs to get suspended this time.

:wacko:

The NFL is reviewing the personal foul penalty that Cowboys offensive tackle Flozell Adams drew at the end of Sunday's first half against the New York Giants for potential disciplinary action.

Jordan Woy, Adams' agent, said he's talked to NFL officials about what happened with his client and Giants defensive end Justin Tuck. Adams pushed Tuck in the back, sending him to the ground. Adams, through his agent, told the league he thought the play was still alive.

He's one of those guys that will call it "competing" and "hard-nosed" and claim it was not intentional, like Rodney Harrison used to. But in this era of multiple cameras and high-def and slo-mo, he's completely busted.

Dirty player. Period.

And we here in St. Louis should know because we have the modern epitomy of it on our O-line, Richie Incognito. I'd like to think that the game would police itself and these guys would get what's coming to them, but it never really seems to happen.

Couple months later, same crap. I'd love to hear some Cowboy fans weigh in on the cheap-shot artist playing left tackle for your team. Why haven't they reigned this guy in by now? He needs to get suspended this time.

:wacko:

Living in the Dallas area, I can say the vast majority of Cowboy fans, and local radio guys don't defend or even like him. Just because a player has no class or is dirty, it doesn't mean the entire fanbase agrees with his actions.