[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings-Packers Week

griff321

Hats off to the Vikes, the better team won the game. Deservedly so.

Lot of credit to Rodgers for not losing his composure. If the Packers had an line to protect Rodgers, he would be putting up some big numbers.

2 good things happened tonight...Vikes won and Rodgers got me a win in my local. :wacko:

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vikings whipped the packers ass. Plain and simple. No excuses from my pov. Congrats Vikings fans...

There was one bright spot though. And that is Aaron Rodgers. The guy gets no time in the pocket, has been beaten and bruised every game this year and still makes plays. I am absolutely sold on him, and wouldn't want any other quarterback leading this team. I just wish that some of the guys following him would take some pride in their game.

I give ARodg credit. He played well too. Damn, they need to buy him some time. Outside of Finley and Nelson, the others let him down.

They also need to get Grant more involved to have a prayer on going anywhere.

Outside of a few "BIG" Plays this would have been over early.

Great Game Yes.

Could have been different if the OL of GB could hold water.

Favre played very well. People will really need to account for the Passing Game of MN now. This team looks good.

I still think the Vikes and Pack are the NFC North frontrunners. CHI can play, but not sure if they can put a whole game together.

The new Left Tackle for the Green Bay Packers

The Packers are not frontrunners for anything until they get the OLine mess cleaned up. How far along is Tauscher? Surely he's got to be close to healthy. That's got to be better than what they're running out there now.

Favre played very well. People will really need to account for the Passing Game of MN now. This team looks good.

I still think the Vikes and Pack are the NFC North frontrunners. CHI can play, but not sure if they can put a whole game together.

Vikes are the class of the division right now.

GB and Chi are solid but flawed. Specifically regarding GB, I like Rodgers but despite pon's view, I wish he had a little better pocket sense. But still, he's got just about every other quality you'd want in a QB so you feel like you're quibbling if you complain.

Vikes are the class of the division right now.

GB and Chi are solid but flawed. Specifically regarding GB, I like Rodgers but despite pon's view, I wish he had a little better pocket sense. But still, he's got just about every other quality you'd want in a QB so you feel like you're quibbling if you complain.

I just don't know how you can have better pocket sense when you're going to get a DE in your blindside in under two seconds.

Lot of credit to Rodgers for not losing his composure. If the Packers had an line to protect Rodgers, he would be putting up some big numbers.

26-37 384 yds, 2 td and 1 int that was essentially his own damn fault.

Based on that with a junk OL, if he had an average OL we'd probably think he invented the QB position.

26-37 384 yds, 2 td and 1 int that was essentially his own damn fault.

Based on that with a junk OL, if he had an average OL we'd probably think he invented the QB position.

True enough. I wouldn't go that far yet. Let him do this for 5 years.

Tauscher was in KC for an audition this past week.

I just don't know how you can have better pocket sense when you're going to get a DE in your blindside in under two seconds.

7 more sacks tonight, and I'd say at least 3 of them were the result of him hanging onto the ball too long.

I am not arguing that on SOME passes, he's getting NO chance. But on others, it's pretty obvious. And it isn't like he's Drew Bledsoe, the guy can move.

The OL AND Rodgers both need to improve because the amount of sacks he's taking is completely unacceptable.

As always, an entertaining North Div. game - GB on the road, not healthy and Mr Hammock chewing arse and you still brought it. Vikes are flawed as well, but they are playing deep and outlasting teams.

Thanks GB, tip of the cap and we will see ya again in a few weeks

:wacko:

that game wasn't as close as the score indicates, lots of yards and 10 GB points were all essentially garbage/prevent-defense time. green bay couldn't block, but like chavez said, rodgers looked a little slow and oblivious in the pocket. you don't have THAT many sacks without some iffy play by BOTH the OL and the QB himself, IMO. but rodgers still showed some grit, in addition to some talent.

but how about friggin favre?? wow, dude was on point. that was vintage. I had to close my eyes and imagine madden blubbering just to get the full effect.

that game wasn't as close as the score indicates, lots of yards and 10 GB points were all essentially garbage/prevent-defense time. green bay couldn't block, but like chavez said, rodgers looked a little slow and oblivious in the pocket. you don't have THAT many sacks without some iffy play by BOTH the OL and the QB himself, IMO. but rodgers still showed some grit, in addition to some talent.

but how about friggin favre?? wow, dude was on point. that was vintage. I had to close my eyes and imagine madden blubbering just to get the full effect.

Agree with you on all accounts. Game wasn't close. Rodgers looked good, but still he's not totally blameless for their struggles. I keep coming back to their record with him as their starter. I mean he has to be somewhat responsible, no?

And on Favre, he was in total control from start to finish. I was impressed.

Edited by Jackass

I keep coming back to their record with him as their starter. I mean he has to be somewhat responsible, no?

Somewhat.

But QB in the NFL is like P in MLB and G in the NHL - THE key player in any given game, but they get too much credit for Ws and too much blame for Ls.

Issues about Rodgers' pocket sense aside, he's got just about every other quality you'd like to see QB have.

And why are the Vikings DB's allowed to play, but Woody and Al Harris are getting flags? Just saying.

This officiating is some of the worst I've seen. Forget this game. It's hard enough to beat this team when it's a fair game.

Honest? They aren't letting him play.

I don't think it's close to being that bad, but they are calling some ticky tack stuff against GB DB's.

Absolutely disgusting. Every drive helped by the refs.

Let them play football!!

Guess this was made for Mr. Hammocks excuse thread,,,, :wacko:

Great game but it was pretty much on paper what that team should have done. The Vikings have been terrible at closing games with their offense, other then the SF game IMO lol. The O line was outstanding in pass protection but really bad at opening lanes in the run game when it counts. Then again it was kinda a blow out.The odds of two on sides kicks and getting the two scores, the way the D was playing, seemed very slim and that was reflected on the play call on that last third down. Still you could see missed routes and poor timing in the pass game so it's something that could improve, but The Silver Fox had all day to sit back there and allow plays to develop. Yeah, he made all the throws and Gruden will piss himself day dreaming of how close he came to being in Chillly's shoes but I see this team getting even better as the O-line gels and the the pass game gets a few more days of practice.

Hats off to the Packers and Rodgers for playing a full game. That line had some major issues having to rotate 3 places so you could just see it being a major story line coming into this game and it was. As far as the sacks where you felt that Rodgers held on to the ball too long, some of that is true, but I also feel MM made some poor adjustments. Why not spread the D out and attack with the three step drop, instead you'd see max protection and the Vikings falling back into a cover 2 and still getting pressure because JA is playing at a very high level and roping calves every drive. That's not going to change, so why not allow possibly the best receiving tandem in the NFL to make plays. Rodgers played an amazing game and his ability to bounce back and still make plays to give his team a chance to win. I'm looking forward to the game in GB. I think that'll be the true test of the Vikings when the Pack gets healthy and has the home crowd.

Welcome back Bernard.

Without reading through all the pages of commentary yet, just like to say that was one heckuva game. :wacko:

Favre made the right decision in coming to Minnesota and Green Bay made the right decision in going forward with Rodgers. Long after Favre is gone the Packers will have themselves an elite gutsy QB. Packer fans should feel blessed to have had 2 in short order while teams like the Vikings have not been lucky enough to land a franchise QB that is the long term face of the team for years.

I'm going to enjoy this ride no matter where it goes while I can. Welcome to Minnesota Brett.

Skol Vikings.

Ug

Pissed about the loss, hats off to the Vikings for a well-earned win.

1- packers defense didnt let AD beat them and did a great job against the run.

2- Refs made some bad calls, but that is all part of the game. It happens

3- Rodgers held the ball a little too long sometimes, but the guy cant get set with all the pressure. The packers o-line is atrocious.

4- The vikings defense is softer than expected, esp against the pass and athletice TEs. Start any pass-cathing TE against the Vikes in FF.

5- The Vikes did what the packers SHOULD have done and given their QB max protection. On the berrian TD the Vikes had 6 players blocking 4 rushers.

6- favre did a great job last night. However he did have all day to throw, that certainly helps. favre REALLY makes his WRs better, esp Rice.

7- I hate jared Allen and his "look at me" grandstanding. Show a little class.

8- Packers started their 2nd string and then 3rd string LT last night. I am surprised Rosgers did as well as he did with those turnstiles in the game.

9- Thank GOD for a bye week to get healthy . . . .

The Vikes really did play a good game yesterday. Good job, Vikes! I still hate you but you're fans have something to cheer about now!

And for the record, I'm still glad we got rid of Favre.

And I'm glad DMD got rid of Mr Hammhock.