[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings-Packers Week

griff321

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hope would be for the Pack to score early and shift the pressure from AD to Favre. They were putting extra LBs in yesterday to try and stop SJax, but he still gashed us for over 100. If Favre has to throw, it could create turnover opportunities for the secondary. We were leading the league in turnover ratio going into this weekend, which has been a hugh plus.

Clifton has a shot at playing, but either way Rodgers will likely be throwing on the run a lot. They gotta get the quick slant routes working and be less predictable with the run.

I'm not sure if the WRs aren't getting open on the quick stuff or if McCarthy isn't calling it, but GB has to start EFFECTIVELY running screens (maybe a tough sell with Grant in there) and hitting the 3-step, quick stuff to slow down the pass rush.

Also, I don't get the schism between McCarthy's tough-talking, smash-mouth persona and the way he comes out and chucks the ball all over the place while barely trying to establish the run. Grant may not be a "special" player but he's a load who gets better as the game goes on. Pound him early, use play action and quick hitting passes, and THEN go for the deep stuff. Basic game-planning - either GB is completely failing in execution or McCarthy is outcoaching himself.

Easy, Chavez. I don't appreciate being insulted like that. I'm on the good guys side (Packers). Please retract this statement! :D

I'll retract it when you quit acting like you're from Illinois/Minneapolis. :wacko:

Eh, my bad. You weren't coming off as bad as I thought, aside from the incomprehensible statement of Vikes fans being more concerned about Favre than GB fans are (as said, obviously, because he IS their QB) - which it appears you meant that Vikes fans are more concerned about GB fans being concerned about Favre than they are about Favre himself. Or something.

Mainly the misidentification of Az as a Viking fan and then the whole "boyfriends" comment is a bit doooshy.

I have never gone to a Viking game but have heard from a lot of people who have and the outcome is usally talking about how annoying, disrespectful, Aholish and outright rude the Viking fans are.

Griff I believe proves it.

A-holish.. like what the Packer fans show to the visiting buses as they leave? You'll notice I'm not attacking anyone personally. All my insults are towards the Pack or on Packer Nation as a whole and it's quite general and just out there in an attempt at a sig/avatar/post bet which of course no one has stepped up to the plate. Even if the Vikings were playing as horrible as the Pack is now, I wouldn't take to attacking people by calling them an A hole.... wow how original and lacking in any sense of humor. "My team is horrible so I'm going to point out your a meanie and rude." So what if you have the worst GM in the NFL that let a legend play for the enemy. Go cry in a corner about it and learn how to take a joke for once in your life.

Did you ever think for once in your life that all those Packer fans go to the games because the back and forth goading between fans in the stands is loads of fun? I've never laughed so hard as I have at some of the jokes Packer fans make about my Vikings during the games.

Every team has a few fans that are so pretentious that they think they're the best fans in the entire NFL because like a true hater they can't look in the mirror.

gbfan, I believe proves it.

Edited by griff321

I'm glad to see you were listening to Packer radio instead of ViQueens radio. Must have felt like a loss for you when you heard the Pack won then, huh? :D

I'm sure that feeling will continue after next Monday as well.

The flagship station of the Vikings, KFAN 1130, carries the Packer Preview every Sunday morning at 8 am. I listen to it every week on my way home from work and it's usually a pretty solid program. Always nice to see what the enemy to the east is doing. Of course Minnesota has more native Wisconsinites outside of Wisconsin then anywhere else so it's easy to see why. Even the late great HOFer and ten consecutive winner of Wsconsin's "Best Sportscaster of the year" Max McGee knew Minnesota was a better place to live then Wisconsin.

Sure makes work fun during Vikings-Packer week tho. :wacko:

Edited by griff321

The flagship station of the Vikings, KFAN 1130, carries the Packer Preview every Sunday morning at 8 am. I listen to it every week on my way home from work and it's usually a pretty solid program. Always nice to see what the enemy to the east is doing. Of course Minnesota has more native Wisconsinites then anywhere else so it's easy to see why. Even the late great HOFer and ten consecutive winner of Wsconsin's "Best Sportscaster of the year" Max McGee knew Minnesota was a better place to live then Wisconsin.

Sure makes work fun during Vikings-Packer week tho. :D

Wisconsin has more native Wisconsinites. :wacko:

Eh, my bad. You weren't coming off as bad as I thought, aside from the incomprehensible statement of Vikes fans being more concerned about Favre than GB fans are (as said, obviously, because he IS their QB) - which it appears you meant that Vikes fans are more concerned about GB fans being concerned about Favre than they are about Favre himself. Or something.

Mainly the misidentification of Az as a Viking fan and then the whole "boyfriends" comment is a bit doooshy.

Thanks for clarifying. I just want to clarify that I do not know Az and nowhere in his profile does it say he's a Broncos fan. While being from colorado might be a clue, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a fan. So there was really no way of knowing if he was or not. When he posted I just assumed he liked the Vikings based on his comments.

The "boyfriends" comment was probably a little over the line but I was being called a dumbass so I felt it was fair at the time (since they started with the personal attacks). Yeah, I dipped to their level for a moment but I'm back.

Thanks for clarifying. I just want to clarify that I do not know Az and nowhere in his profile does it say he's a Broncos fan. While being from colorado might be a clue, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a fan. So there was really no way of knowing if he was or not. When he posted I just assumed he liked the Vikings based on his comments.

The "boyfriends" comment was probably a little over the line but I was being called a dumbass so I felt it was fair at the time (since they started with the personal attacks). Yeah, I dipped to their level for a moment but I'm back.

It wasn't a Vikings fan that said.

Hey, this is a great rivalry, both sides thing the other fans are A-holish, and both are right from time to time. This game should be really great, and the oddsmakers have it a tossup right now, which it probably will be. I can't see the Pack controlling the game to any degree, especially with Jennings sounding a little hurt, but I expect them to be able to move the ball from time to time. Same for the Vikes - I would think from what I've looked at that they should be able to move it a bit better and control things a bit better, but the pass protection issues bother me some. Sounds like both teams are searching for better offensive line play, at least in the passing game.

I'd expect the Vikes to win at home, but turnovers will probably make the difference. And I'd expect both teams to get better offensively as time goes on with all the new players and changes on the OL's for both. Just looks like to me the Vikes are better defensively, and have a more consistent running game, and the Pack probably has a better vertical passing game.

Just some rambling thoughts. I'd expect a great game on a national stage.

Oh, and the Vikes are gonna kick the crap out of the Pack. Almost forgot that part...

[My favorite post thus far was the Packer fan saying that Packer fans are more tolerable than Vikes fans... :wacko: ]

"I was being called a dumbass" :D

"they were collaborating" :wacko:

I was merely explaining my position to someone who needed clarification why I posted such "lowly" comments in the first place. Consider this an end to the story. I will respond only if you actually want to discuss FF or any topic related to it. And if you don't know, posting merely to agitate people is not something I consider a related discussion.

The ball is now in your court.

I have never gone to a Viking game but have heard from a lot of people who have and the outcome is usally talking about how annoying, disrespectful, Aholish and outright rude the Viking fans are.

Griff I believe proves it.

been to games in both stadiums. viking fans in most of the dome are prudish and don't no how to party/cheer on their team. at lambo field packer fans are trolls who pee themselves and have nothing better to do in greenbay.