[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hypenated last names

DMD

A lady minister from around here got married after she had been at a church for a while. She didn't want to hyphenate her name for her children's sake so they had a contest at the church to come up with a completely new last name for them.

New last name = "Dipmanure" ? :wacko:

...what a stupid idea...

A lady minister from around here got married after she had been at a church for a while. She didn't want to hyphenate her name for her children's sake so they had a contest at the church to come up with a completely new last name for them.

I have a friend who playfully has been referring to themselves as a combo of both their last names. I won't post it so it doesn't come up on a Google search, but assume it was Grinnel and Smith... they go by the Grinsmiths.

Found this on the internets somewhere-

If Mike Sims-Walker and Maurice Jones-Drew have children who marry one another and procreate while sharing their fathers’ hyphenation sensibilities, how confused will the grandkids’ teachers be?

My wife kept her last name. Our kids took my last name.

There are two people at work, brother and sister, who each are married (not to each other) and both did the hyphenated thing with their spouses.

Used to have a guy at work who when married combined their two last names into a new one. I've heard he's now divorced. I wonder if he changed his name back...

I have a friend who playfully has been referring to themselves as a combo of both their last names. I won't post it so it doesn't come up on a Google search, but assume it was Grinnel and Smith... they go by the Grinsmiths.

Yeah, that seems to be popular these days. I know a couple other couples who did that as well. The mrs. and I referred t ourselves that way during our engagement and my SIL got us paper napkins with that name printed on it as a joke.

:wacko:

Me and my wife occasionally combine our first names to make a silly combo name. Not like, officially, but just on lame Facebook or Evite stuff.